Coronavirus

Old Apr 22nd 2020, 10:51 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by mawood47
I was hopping there as Answer to next Questing is Watt Date Do Startup Again as it is Important
Found this -

​​​​​​ Hungary will outline its plan of how to emerge from epidemic-related restrictions on May 3, Prime Minister Viktor Orbán said in an interview on Monday. The plan takes into consideration the related experiences of various countries, Orbán told broadcaster Mária Radio. Hungary will be in “full protection mode” on May 3, he said, adding that from that time onwards the country could gradually return to normal life.

Read more at: https://dailynewshungary.com/coronav...-in-early-may/
Old Apr 22nd 2020, 10:58 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Expatrick
Found this -
There's been talk of easing the lockdown in UK from 11th May.
Old Apr 23rd 2020, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

mawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this point

The next to be Wizzir that Date was 16th May to Budapest meat every i can have time again to Start up!!!!! to the Plot to see every One Again,
Old Apr 23rd 2020, 2:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

enter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond repute

Went to OBI today for materials for wind damage repairs, mask/gloves on at about 10.30 am. Very busy, all ages, many without masks/gloves and except for the till areas there was little social distancing. I was in and out as quickly as possible, I had to sign/tell the male behind me to step back as the idiot had little understanding of the rules ,chuntering in Hungarian. Interspar for chemist was vetting at the entrance for age and the store was quite empty (65,s 9-12 non only) chemist, social distancing rules again apply, no problem. Our local Post office, distancing applies, one at a time only allowed to enter. I hope this practice lasts a long time as it is needed to prevent a second wave of the virus. Lots of workmen showing little regard for distancing and protective wear.
Old Apr 27th 2020, 11:20 am
BE Enthusiast

jetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond repute

I have only been using the Tesco and Aldi as they are pretty quiet and people going there seem generally observant of the rules. Also they have lots of obvious signage etc to avoid all possible doubt. Unless there is a vaccine I think the second wave will be coming and be pretty severe as quite a lot of people do not seem to care! Conversely I would quite like it to be over soon so the schools can reopen. Homeschooling a 6 year old while keeping a 3 year old occupied is being a little bit of a disaster.

The main thing I take away from this is the conversation I will be having with my management about the possibility of making work from home permanent......
Old May 13th 2020, 4:34 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Lockdown eased in UK. As from today Project Move To Hungary is now back on. Only thing is we need to find out what will happen when we arrive in Budapest.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52640696
Old May 13th 2020, 4:57 am
BE Forum Addict

I think the lockdown in UK has been a bit of a joke. Only essential travel has been allowed up to today. On one side it seems my neighbours have flouted the rules on a number of occasions but on the other side the neighbours have been religiously adhering to the lockdown rules, same as us and other neighbours living beyond. Exercise only once a day! It's been quite frustrating because I like to take the dog for a walk twice a day for a total of an hour and 45 minutes but we only been allowed to exercise with or without a dog once a day. So last week I stepped up and started taking the dog on a two hour plus long walk. There's been one benefit from this in that I can then spend the rest of the day concentrating on doing things around the house whereby before mid-afternoon I'd have to stop to take the dog for a walk and then restart what I was doing once back.

There was an article online about a guy who was delivering a puppy. He got stopped by Cumbria police and was fined for non-essential travel. I was surprised to read this because I had read on the Kennel Club website that making a trip for a dog was essential travel if it concerned the dog's welfare. But yesterday I checked their website and it seems they've revised that advice and they now class it as non-essential! Must be thousands of puppies waiting to go to their new owners!

Last edited by FenTiger; May 13th 2020 at 4:59 am.
Old May 13th 2020, 5:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FenTiger
Lockdown eased in UK. As from today Project Move To Hungary is now back on. Only thing is we need to find out what will happen when we arrive in Budapest.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52640696
This is from 5 May. I don't think it's been updated since then.

https://konzuliszolgalat.kormany.hu/...d-19-situation

Information on Hungarian entry requirements due to COVID-19 situation

Old May 13th 2020, 5:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sachina
This is from 5 May. I don't think it's been updated since then.

https://konzuliszolgalat.kormany.hu/...d-19-situation

Information on Hungarian entry requirements due to COVID-19 situation

Eeekkk! Hope they let me in! As for my wife her mother needs a carer to help her around the house 24/7 and cook meals, etc. My only reason would be I'm my wife's husband. The garden is quite large so I suppose I could put down I will be looking after that! The wife's sister's family are all in full-time employment with one at university. It's a bit worrying what to put down for the reason! We are permanently relocating!

Last edited by FenTiger; May 13th 2020 at 5:41 am.
Old May 13th 2020, 5:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FenTiger
Eeekkk! Hope they let me in! As for my wife her mother needs a carer to help her around the house 24/7 and cook meals, etc. My only reason would be I'm my wife's husband. The garden is quite large so I suppose I could put down I will be looking after that! The wife's sister's family are all in full-time employment with one at university. It's a bit worrying what to put down for the reason! We are permanently relocating!
As the husband of a Hungarian national you should have no problem. And the fact you're retired and intend to live here permanently is, I would have thought, a valid reason, Take the advice of someone who's moved countries several times ...... don't over complicate things, keep it simple!
Old May 13th 2020, 7:47 am
BE Enthusiast

enter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond repute

Recent first hand experience of arrivals from UK to Bud Airport. All wearing masks, delayed 1 hour due to checks in UK outbound. Arrivals, Hungarian citizens/permanent resident card holders, temperature scanned and documents recorded. Resident card holders 14 days isolation, issued with red stickers to put up in window and Police call every day to check you are ok and present at premises. Letter received via post (partly translated via google) re conditions of isolation and fines if non compliant. So delay on arrival to being released, about 1 hour then all is good, airport deserted at the moment. All in all no problem as it was expected. No idea about driving/borders. MO flowing nicely.
Old May 13th 2020, 8:34 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Masks delivered to our mailbox yesterday.
Old May 13th 2020, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

hobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond repute

I have had two masks put into my mailbox so far !
Regarding entry back into Hungary should I need to go to the UK for any reason ... does the registracios igazolas card class as permanent residency ( along with address card ) for re entry purposes or is that still a grey area ?
Old May 13th 2020, 4:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

jetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond repute

Yep we received two masks too! From the local Mayors office. All shopping must be compliant. "Fortunately" my wife recently had some major dentistry so we had a supply of masks in the house ready to go.
Old May 13th 2020, 4:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by enter
Recent first hand experience of arrivals from UK to Bud Airport. All wearing masks, delayed 1 hour due to checks in UK outbound. Arrivals, Hungarian citizens/permanent resident card holders, temperature scanned and documents recorded. Resident card holders 14 days isolation, issued with red stickers to put up in window and Police call every day to check you are ok and present at premises. Letter received via post (partly translated via google) re conditions of isolation and fines if non compliant. So delay on arrival to being released, about 1 hour then all is good, airport deserted at the moment. All in all no problem as it was expected. No idea about driving/borders. MO flowing nicely.
Do you foresee a problem if we are staying with my wife's mother?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.