Reload this Page >

circulating heating systems

circulating heating systems

Old Feb 11th 2014, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

Nemi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default circulating heating systems

Hi,

I am looking to buy a property in budapest and I am not in love with the Konvector heating systems that seem to be present in a lot of properties. If i were to switch from Konvector heating to a circo heating system would anyone have any idea how much that would roughly cost? Or how you would even go about doing something like that?

I read online that you would need an engineer to draw up plans on where the new heating system should go and then the plans need to be submitted to fogaz and then the new system can be installed. Any idea how long this process can take?

Sorry for the essay and thanks in advance for your help.
Old Feb 12th 2014, 8:56 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: circulating heating systems

Hi and welcome to the BE forums

Not sure on costs in Budapest but the process of having the plan drawn up and approved shouldn't take longer than a couple of weeks.
Old Feb 12th 2014, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
I would agree with RH about the time for planning. As far as the cost goes the best approach is to become 'an educated consumer' that is you will have to know what the plumbers are doing and be ready to challenge the labour charges and material costs. Get several quotes. When I had some gas CH put in a couple of years ago one firm quoted a generic labour cost of 17,000huf / radiator (included pipe work) + parts another gave a detailed quote having calculated pipe runs and fittings required. (I went with the detailed quote but negotiated down the labour charges)

The type of pipe work will have a big influence on cost. Copper is v. expensive, 5 layer aluminium/PE pipe is much cheaper and quicker to install but can not be on display as it is flexible and so will need boxing in or otherwise hiding. Traditionally pipes would be buried in the wall, lots of work and mess but no pipes on display (and heat loss into the wall!). The point here is decide what you want and understand what the tradespeople are offering.

By the way most Hungarian houses have insulation values well below modern standards, you don't say what type of property it is but insulation upgrades and draft proofing will pay dividends in reduced heating costs.

Unfortunately too many tradespeople still see foreigners as 'cash cows' so get recommendations from Hungarians who have had work done if you can.
Old Feb 12th 2014, 11:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

It would probably be simpler and could be cheaper to have your central heating installed by a professional company. Lutherm, who I think I'm correct in saying have branches country wide, installed mine and it cost £2300, but that was 7 years ago so will no doubt be more expensive now. The price included the drawing up the plans and getting permission, all the pipes, radiators, Baxi boiler and labour. It took six workmen three days to install plus a visit from the TiGaz engineer who had to approve the work before it was turned on.

You should also be aware that central heating systems, I think by law, have to be serviced every year. I don't have to to phone Lutherm as they normally contact me every October to make an appointment.
Old Feb 12th 2014, 2:02 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Ditto what Peter says, especially on the materials cost. Lost count of the number of quotes I have turned down due to material costsb eing hiked up by 30-40%.