Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Cars, Trucks, 2WD, 4WD

Cars, Trucks, 2WD, 4WD

Old Nov 5th 2020, 5:19 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cars, Trucks, 2WD, 4WD

TPMS - my car has this but nothing no data is showing on the display. The wheels and tyres have been changed to winter tyres on additional wheels. I'm not sure if they forgot to check the additional wheels connect to the TPMS?
Old Nov 5th 2020, 2:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting!
Which kind of system is it? Direct or indirect - look them up here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tire-p...itoring_system
Should be described here
Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) - Operating Your Vehicle - Suzuki SX4 Owners Manual - Suzuki SX4 - Suzuki manuals
Old Nov 5th 2020, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

ecurb is an unknown quantity at this point

It sounds like your car has the TPMS that is fitted to each wheel. If you have new wheels with your winter tyres you should make sure they are including the TPMS fitting in each wheel, I think it is part of the valve assembly, this usually costs extra.
Old Nov 5th 2020, 5:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Modern cars have far too many gadgets and gizmos for my liking - too much to go wrong and often needing a main agent to sort the problems or expensive computer management something or other to fix problems that never happened on older cars.
Old Nov 6th 2020, 1:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wolfi
Think they are dTPMS.
I'm member of FB UK Suzuki SX4 S-Cross and someone mentioned you have to drive 10 or 100 metres and then it will show the tyre pressure. Seems a bit weird. I have emailed the car dealership about it. I will try driving it a short distance and see what happens. They are supposed to be checked when cold!
Old Nov 6th 2020, 1:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ecurb
It sounds like your car has the TPMS that is fitted to each wheel. If you have new wheels with your winter tyres you should make sure they are including the TPMS fitting in each wheel, I think it is part of the valve assembly, this usually costs extra.
I'm certain they are already fitted.
Old Nov 6th 2020, 1:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Peter_in_Hungary
Modern cars have far too many gadgets and gizmos for my liking - too much to go wrong and often needing a main agent to sort the problems or expensive computer management something or other to fix problems that never happened on older cars.
I agree too. The reversing camera is great though. My car even has heated front seats!
Old Nov 15th 2020, 3:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

jetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond repute

I am at the point my VW Transporter is getting retired. DMF plus lots of other problems all getting expensive. I am always shocked at how expensive cars are here still. Finding a simple straight forward petrol estate car that is not too old and not too thrashed is not so easy. Probably back to Opel Astras then! As I have kids there is a certain level I can't really go below.

I have driven one of the newer shape Vitaras before and it was pretty good. A 1.6 Petrol and felt pretty quick. Just the boot isn't big enough.
Old Nov 15th 2020, 5:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond repute

I drove Astra/Kadetts as they were first called over many years and around 12 years ago "downgraded" to a Meriva A. It is a bit smaller but higher which makes it really easier to get in or get up.
Since we're all getting older I'd also look at the micro-vans if I were you.
Old Nov 15th 2020, 5:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

jetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond repute

I had a 2005 Astra estate back in the UK. Went all over the country, often with 4 of us and full of kit. Never had a problem, should have kept it really but now I know not to worry so much about mileage. Good car. Might just get another! Would be classed as an older car now....... But if that is all I can afford right now that is all I can afford. Need the Kombi though just for the carrying space. In the end probably not far off the usable space in Transporter.

Best thing we have found is a good mechanic living 1 km away from us and he has his own workshop. Always busy. Fair charges for labour, you just need to supply the parts.
Old Nov 19th 2020, 10:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Has anybody had experience of car financing etc? The Transporter is going to cost over HUF 500.000 to fix and maybe it is time to change. Hopefully someone will accept it as a deposit!

I have regular income and no debt so should be ok no?
Old Nov 19th 2020, 11:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jetsam1
Has anybody had experience of car financing etc? The Transporter is going to cost over HUF 500.000 to fix and maybe it is time to change. Hopefully someone will accept it as a deposit!

I have regular income and no debt so should be ok no?
Do you mean to ask whether you can Part Exchange your vehicle for a "new" one?
I'm curious to know the answer to this.
Old Nov 19th 2020, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Part exchange being the deposit. I am not going for anything new! Just it is not worth repairing the van and while it runs getting rid. I am only going to 1.5 million!