Car tax

Old Apr 8th 2021, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

JBinhungary has a reputation beyond reputeJBinhungary has a reputation beyond reputeJBinhungary has a reputation beyond reputeJBinhungary has a reputation beyond reputeJBinhungary has a reputation beyond reputeJBinhungary has a reputation beyond reputeJBinhungary has a reputation beyond reputeJBinhungary has a reputation beyond reputeJBinhungary has a reputation beyond reputeJBinhungary has a reputation beyond reputeJBinhungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Car tax

Good morning does anyone know what happens if you haven't received your car tax demand for this year from NAV & are either stopped by police or the side of the road Toll control cars?
Old Apr 8th 2021, 9:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car tax

Originally Posted by JBinhungary View Post
Good morning does anyone know what happens if you haven't received your car tax demand for this year from NAV & are either stopped by police or the side of the road Toll control cars?

I also have not recieved mine for this year either. I asked my neighbor about this the other day and if I understood them and they understood me right, The villages and towns have been stripped of this revenue and we will be recieving a bill from the national government. At least that was my understanding. If anyone else knows about this and I am wrong please feel free to correct me. I heard from them they thought these bills would sent out in April.
Old Apr 8th 2021, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

JBinhungary has a reputation beyond reputeJBinhungary has a reputation beyond reputeJBinhungary has a reputation beyond reputeJBinhungary has a reputation beyond reputeJBinhungary has a reputation beyond reputeJBinhungary has a reputation beyond reputeJBinhungary has a reputation beyond reputeJBinhungary has a reputation beyond reputeJBinhungary has a reputation beyond reputeJBinhungary has a reputation beyond reputeJBinhungary has a reputation beyond repute

Yes that's right. It has been centralised & this is where the problem has come from. Normally they were had delivered twice a year. That is why I am trying to find out the happens as we haven't received any of ours.
Old Apr 8th 2021, 10:49 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger is just really niceFenTiger is just really niceFenTiger is just really niceFenTiger is just really niceFenTiger is just really niceFenTiger is just really niceFenTiger is just really niceFenTiger is just really niceFenTiger is just really niceFenTiger is just really niceFenTiger is just really nice

We got ours and paid into bank for full year couple of weeks ago.
Old Apr 8th 2021, 2:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

enter is an unknown quantity at this point

Ours arrived by Posta few weeks ago as normal and paid from the payment slip at the local post Office, no change here (yet)
Old Apr 9th 2021, 4:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by FenTiger View Post
We got ours and paid into bank for full year couple of weeks ago.
Yes many have & also many haven't, that is not my question though. I know it has all changed & I know why. No one seems to be able answer my question which is what happens if I am scanned by a tool car as I drive along or stopped by the police. Is it like the UK & there is a fine for not having it, which I can imagine here would be a pain to contest. Or is there a national leeway due to the changeover?
Old Apr 9th 2021, 6:22 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger is just really niceFenTiger is just really niceFenTiger is just really niceFenTiger is just really niceFenTiger is just really niceFenTiger is just really niceFenTiger is just really niceFenTiger is just really niceFenTiger is just really niceFenTiger is just really niceFenTiger is just really nice

On FB 'Brits in Hungary, the friendly group' there's mention about this. If I read the posts correctly there's been a bit of a cock up and things are in chaos.
I've no idea if there will be some leeway for unpaid road tax but then again it's not your fault. If you can phone them or make contact via email and let them know atleast there'll be a record you had attempted to pay your road tax.
Old Apr 9th 2021, 1:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

duztee is a name known to allduztee is a name known to allduztee is a name known to allduztee is a name known to allduztee is a name known to allduztee is a name known to allduztee is a name known to allduztee is a name known to allduztee is a name known to allduztee is a name known to allduztee is a name known to all

In the old system the Mayor's daughter who lives opposite used to drop mine off a couple of times a year, This year I received the new centralized version, still two yellow bills for two 6 monthly periods.
I paid both bills on my phone with iCsekk, much easier and avoids the post office queue and contact.
Old Yesterday, 5:05 am
Forum Regular

On FB 'Brits in Hungary, the friendly group' there's mention about this. If I read the posts correctly there's been a bit of a cock up and things are in chaos.
I've no idea if there will be some leeway for unpaid road tax but then again it's not your fault. If you can phone them or make contact via email and let them know at least there'll be a record you had attempted to pay your road tax.
Good plan, that's all bases covered in terms of chasing it up. I am not on FB, way too much bother. This forum is far superior and doesn't suffer from the problems so many groups seem to.
Old Yesterday, 7:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute

I've no idea if there will be some leeway for unpaid road tax but then again it's not your fault. If you can phone them or make contact via email and let them know atleast there'll be a record you had attempted to pay your road tax.

Could you post a link to the email address for the tax collection folks or at least the website? I am not on Facebook either, Thanks

Old Today, 11:32 am
Just Joined

clivebradbury2 is an unknown quantity at this point

We had the same problem - our GB friends in the same street had their vehicle tax form via post, but we had not, and time is running out for the first payment.

Solution:

book a face-to-face appointment at your local NAV office (in our case Ozd). Take your vehicle information with you and they will issue a payment slip for you to take to the Post Office. With payment due tomorrow the clock was ticking. Rumour is that the authorities are aware of the delays in issuing forms, and are not currently fining for late/non-payment (but that is only a rumour).

Note: in order to book the above appointment in the first place you will need your Hungarian tax number or your Taj number. We do not have the latter, and until today did not know we each had a tax number! Presumably it was generated when we bought our house to handle the purchase tax. But we took a Hungarian friend along to translate, and she had already booked the appointment for us online using her number.

Bonus was that the council official also arranged for an ID card with our tax numbers on to be posted to us. So now we can book our own appointments in the future.

Last edited by clivebradbury2; Today at 12:34 pm.