Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Car goods trailer

Car goods trailer

Old Apr 17th 2014, 2:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

mawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Car goods trailer

Yes I am asking for advice goods trailers by law it must be tested but there is not many out there at wright price around 60.000fh all I can find is trailers but no paper work other than a sales invoice, so I concerns a bought buying one I bean led to believe if no decimation, then a construction test must all so be cared out, cost I think is a bought 60,000fh plus the test fee say 12.000fh so the final cost would be say 72.000fh well what a high cost just to cart Horse Manure and straw bales for the new build house so any advice will be gratefully received digger
Old Apr 19th 2014, 7:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car goods trailer

Trailers here have an identity, that is their own number plate (starts with X) and yes second hand ones seem to start about 60,000fts. After this you have the MOT every 2 years the annual road tax and their own insurance. The road tax is based on the gross weight of the trailer. I have a 2 ton tipping trailer that I handed back the registration as the road tax was 40,000fts per year, which is more than the tax on my Land Rover! So owning a trailer for occasional use can be expensive. I now use the tipping trailer only on the farm and if I need a road trailer I hire one (500kgs capacity) at about 2500fts per day (at least that the price locally).

You have to do the sums and see how often you need a road legal trailer then decide if its better to buy or hire.
Old Apr 19th 2014, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

mawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Peter_in_Hungary
Trailers here have an identity, that is their own number plate (starts with X) and yes second hand ones seem to start about 60,000fts. After this you have the MOT every 2 years the annual road tax and their own insurance. The road tax is based on the gross weight of the trailer. I have a 2 ton tipping trailer that I handed back the registration as the road tax was 40,000fts per year, which is more than the tax on my Land Rover! So owning a trailer for occasional use can be expensive. I now use the tipping trailer only on the farm and if I need a road trailer I hire one (500kgs capacity) at about 2500fts per day (at least that the price locally).

You have to do the sums and see how often you need a road legal trailer then decide if its better to buy or hire.
Thanks for information Peter I think the way forward would be use the car boot fully open to cart the Horse Manure up to my place its a bought 2 km only 500 metres on main road with boot fully open it will be a bought one there'd of a trail load at a time the other goods say from Bamax they can provide a trailer, charge not sure on and the Straw Bales for the next house construction I will have to arrange with the farmer thanks digger
Old Apr 19th 2014, 10:45 am
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

Can you not get a farmer or villager with a tractor and trailer to move stuff for you. Alternatively you could get a pickup truck instead of the car.
Old Apr 19th 2014, 11:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fidobsa
Can you not get a farmer or villager with a tractor and trailer to move stuff for you. Alternatively you could get a pickup truck instead of the car.
I have tried all ways of getting delivery up stairs but problem turning around with tractor and trailer the best is to say their is Drivers and Screwdrivers I wanted a pickup truck but limited funds, at present collect 2 full loads before breakfast each morning it gives me a hap tight never mind I am always in the sh? digger
Old Apr 19th 2014, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

gcroft is an unknown quantity at this point

Is that 2 loads of bales each day?
Otherwise it is a lot of sh.. before breakfast!
Old Apr 19th 2014, 1:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gcroft
Is that 2 loads of bales each day?
Otherwise it is a lot of sh.. before breakfast!
the last part before breakfast Bales on trailer when I got frame sorted digger