Default Re: Car To Give Away

Dear Expats,
The Ulysse has now been disposed of. Thank you all for your interest and advice
Old Mar 11th 2015, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

heli2010 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tonydilihaz
Yeah, but don't forget you would need only 3rd party, not even fire & theft. I doubt you would pay more than £100
£100? for a month or a year

is car or van insurance cheap in Hungary I havnt been able to find out off the web obviously I would be starting with no NCB
Old Mar 12th 2015, 6:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

cathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond repute

£100 for the year. The car is insured not the driver here. Not sure if there is any such thing as NCB in Hungary.... Happy days
Old Mar 12th 2015, 6:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cathyg
£100 for the year. The car is insured not the driver here. Not sure if there is any such thing as NCB in Hungary.... Happy days
£100 for the year is about right, my son has just got his first car - insurance £83 p/a. This is for the compulsory insurance, which equates to third party. There is no third party, fire and theft here as in the UK. If you want theft cover then you have to get comprehensive.

There is a NCB here but on comprehensive cover. I have the highest NCB at 50% so not as good as the UK and worse it is paid at the end of the year after paying full premium all year and for some reason I have yet to discover 50% NCB turns out to be a 30% refund !!!

The insurance rates are calculated on the drivers record and address but all car insurances are any driver.
Old Mar 13th 2015, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

thanks cathy and peter for the replies clearly this is something I need to look into
I presume you would need comprehensive to travel under green card to other countries in europe
my eldest son has just got his first car also he passed his test a year ago and just turned 25 his insurance third party and theft £1420 on a for focus diesel worth £450

Last edited by heli2010; Mar 13th 2015 at 11:36 am.
Old Mar 13th 2015, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

No, 3rd party is OK for HU>UK or elsewhere in Europe.
Old Mar 13th 2015, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fidobsa
No, 3rd party is OK for HU>UK or elsewhere in Europe.
is it just an address card you need to get insurance or do you need full residency?
Old Mar 13th 2015, 3:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by heli2010
thanks cathy and peter for the replies clearly this is something I need to look into
I presume you would need comprehensive to travel under green card to other countries in europe
my eldest son has just got his first car also he passed his test a year ago and just turned 25 his insurance third party and theft £1420 on a for focus diesel worth £450
That a lot, however the cost of third party (the major part of the insurance cost) has nothing to do with the value of the car, and more to do with the cost of putting someone in a wheelchair for life and the probability of that happening! And of course the shareholders want the profit line to go up as well. Your Post code can make a big difference to insurance costs as well
Old Apr 6th 2015, 2:44 pm
Just Joined

mercurien is an unknown quantity at this point

Is the Car still there tony? Im moving to zalaapati on 16th April,if it is you c an contact me at <snip>
Regards,
Anton

Last edited by BEVS; Apr 8th 2015 at 4:50 am. Reason: protect you from spam bots and oddballs
Old Apr 6th 2015, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

tonydilihaz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mercurien
Is the Car still there tony? Im moving to zalaapati on 16th April,if it is you c an contact me at <snip>
Anton
sorry Anton. It was scrapped weeks ago. Hope you find something else.

Kind regards

Tone

Last edited by BEVS; Apr 8th 2015 at 4:51 am.