British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Hungary (https://britishexpats.com/forum/hungary-140/)
-   -   Buying in rural Hungary (https://britishexpats.com/forum/hungary-140/buying-rural-hungary-906210/)

tooboocoo Nov 24th 2017 8:16 am

Buying in rural Hungary

Hello everyone,

I'm new here (although have been reading/following this sub-forum for a while) and am, like quite a few others, increasingly drawn to the idea of having "a little place" in this fascinating and historic country - or one of its neighbours.

The "sticky" article at the top of this page sounds like it could be very helpful, but the link seems broken. I've googled and searched but can only find the thedaily.hu's Facebook page, with the same broken link.

Does anyone have the article perhaps saved in some other place, or other format?

Thank you
Mario

PS this is a great forum, with helpful, knowledgable, experienced contributors!

fidobsa Nov 26th 2017 6:34 pm

Re: Buying in rural Hungary

There have been a few expat consultancy businesses that have come and gone over the years so the article was likely issued by one of them. Some of the information may have been out of date anyway as there have been changes in the rules for foreigners buying rural property over the last year or two. Your best bet would be to tell us something of your plans and concerns and we might be able to advise.

mawood47 Nov 27th 2017 6:38 am

Hi there so possibility of wanting to find sum wear in Hungary? But my advice is to Lean Hungarian First I have not been able to do so as it's complected, well try yourself being of younger Years may be able to Do So. I am in wright mess not knowing Hungarian been a bought since 2008 but last 2 years had to spend more time in UK But next Year I have to try to sort out lots of Problems 1st Residence Document out of Date I having doubts whether this can be Renewed as the property I Owen is Zartkert which I believe, no Residence Permit can be Given, if so then 2nd Problem can not open a Bank Acc. for payment of Council Tax, Electricity and Water at present sent to Ex Wife's Address this arrangement as Ended. So Be Careful watt You wish For, my Dreams my End next Spring good Look digger47

tooboocoo Nov 27th 2017 10:25 am

Thanks for the responses so far, guys.

Fido - I don't yet have any specific questions, was just looking for a good overview of the buying-in-rural-Hungary scenario. Since that article was made a 'sticky', I figured it was probably quite informative.
I'm probably not that affected by rule changes etc since I'm lucky enough to hold an EU passport which isn't UK!
BTW - I sent you a PM some time ago, regarding your house for sale. In short - some pictures, location, etc would be helpful!

Digger - thanks for the words of caution, it seems that you've suffered quite some setbacks in Hungary. Hopefully you are busy overcoming them - the best of luck to you.
I am very aware of the language issue; this is my chief 'brake' at the moment.

Anyone else maybe still have that "The Daily" article about buying property in Hungary?