Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Bus routes and fares

Bus routes and fares

Old Sep 2nd 2020, 11:59 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bus routes and fares

Feeling chuffed with myself. Found the bus routes and fares information I need to know about to head into Miskolc on the internet without any help from anyone.
https://www.volanbusz.hu/en/timetable

As I still haven't got a car I might head out to the hills with my ukele.

Last edited by FenTiger; Sep 2nd 2020 at 12:03 pm.
Old Sep 2nd 2020, 12:48 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bus routes and fares

Originally Posted by FenTiger
Feeling chuffed with myself. Found the bus routes and fares information I need to know about to head into Miskolc on the internet without any help from anyone.
https://www.volanbusz.hu/en/timetable

As I still haven't got a car I might head out to the hills with my ukele.
There you are folks, you are being given fair warning so get away from the area as fast as you can or buy some strong ear plugs. Mind you he has not told you which hills!!!!

Rosemary
Old Sep 2nd 2020, 1:51 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosemary
There you are folks, you are being given fair warning so get away from the area as fast as you can or buy some strong ear plugs. Mind you he has not told you which hills!!!! .....
If you're out in the hills, hearing a banjo should concern you more.
Old Sep 2nd 2020, 4:40 pm
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute

Now I know why my dogs have been barking all afternoon.
Old Sep 2nd 2020, 4:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

PaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
If you're out in the hills, hearing a banjo should concern you more.
My wife and I were only saying the other day that we should watch Deliverance again.
Many years ago we were holidaying here and spent many hours in the local kocsma on a regular basis. This pub was in the middle of nowhere, with only weekend houses around it and the locals were all single, alcoholic men. As we visited often when we came on holiday we got to know most of the regulars. One afternoon we got chatting to 2 guys and ended up drinking together. When the bar closed (at 6pm) they invited us back to one of their houses. In the Southern States these guys would be real hillbillies, living very basic lives and making pálinka. My memories of that evening are vague to say the least. We were plied with glass after glass of házi pálinka, singing songs and generally having a real good time. Our host even introduced us to his pride and joy.....a huge pig. My wife got nervous though when we were invited to stay the night, by which time my legs had given up on me and I was wheeled downhill in a wheelbarrow by an equally inebriated redneck, only to end up falling out of the barrow into someone's garden when it inevitably tipped up. We found out not long after that our host died a few months later and one of the other regulars was eaten by his neighbour's dogs on the way home from the pub one evening.
Unfortunately, a few months after we moved here I helped to demolish the little bar as a new development was planned on the site. 12 years later it's still not finished but I have all the wooden tables and benches from the old place in my garden as a memento.
Old Sep 2nd 2020, 4:44 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jack_Russells4ever
Now I know why my dogs have been barking all afternoon.
Love it.

Rosemary
Old Sep 2nd 2020, 4:57 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulinEger
My wife and I were only saying the other day that we should watch Deliverance again.
Many years ago we were holidaying here and spent many hours in the local kocsma on a regular basis. This pub was in the middle of nowhere, with only weekend houses around it and the locals were all single, alcoholic men. As we visited often when we came on holiday we got to know most of the regulars. One afternoon we got chatting to 2 guys and ended up drinking together. When the bar closed (at 6pm) they invited us back to one of their houses. In the Southern States these guys would be real hillbillies, living very basic lives and making pálinka. My memories of that evening are vague to say the least. We were plied with glass after glass of házi pálinka, singing songs and generally having a real good time. Our host even introduced us to his pride and joy.....a huge pig. My wife got nervous though when we were invited to stay the night, by which time my legs had given up on me and I was wheeled downhill in a wheelbarrow by an equally inebriated redneck, only to end up falling out of the barrow into someone's garden when it inevitably tipped up. We found out not long after that our host died a few months later and one of the other regulars was eaten by his neighbour's dogs on the way home from the pub one evening.
Unfortunately, a few months after we moved here I helped to demolish the little bar as a new development was planned on the site. 12 years later it's still not finished but I have all the wooden tables and benches from the old place in my garden as a memento.
It doesn't sound like prime development land?

But seriously, "eaten by dogs"?!?!?
Old Sep 2nd 2020, 5:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

PaulinEger - great story
Old Sep 2nd 2020, 5:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

PaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
It doesn't sound like prime development land?

But seriously, "eaten by dogs"?!?!?
The owner wanted to build a small restaurant/guesthouse in its place. They started it but it's still not completed.

One of the regulars was walking home in February 2008. His neighbour had moved out and left his 4 dogs with no one to feed them. They got out when the old guy passed, attacked him, killed him and partially ate him.
Old Sep 2nd 2020, 6:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

PaulinEger - great story
👍
Old Sep 2nd 2020, 6:02 pm

PaulinEger - great story
Yes, it was.
Old Sep 20th 2020, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

I have managed to find one more bus timetable which is the one I really need to use as the other bus timetable I found doesn't stop at Auchan.