Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Are builders expensive in Hungary?

Are builders expensive in Hungary?

Old Nov 11th 2018, 8:33 am
Just Joined

rainee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Are builders expensive in Hungary?

The small window needs to come off, i'm getting confused this is what the agent sent me in an e-mail

Here the itemized quote of the windows/doors...
Price is 2.005 000huf
*Extra is the locks/latch normally(cc.100.000 huf). But maybee incl...i will ask.
*Transport i think incl.
And my work.

The 2 million price incl.the paintings,installation too.So they do all the work...
Looks high(incl. the 27% vat too).But these are the prices nowdays for the bigger size ,,ready,, size doors-windows,which made from good quality wood.
THE READY SIZE DOORS/WINDOWS MAYBEE chipper with 400-500,000 huf... but less quality...and more builder work...
So at the endbill will not big difference....
Old Nov 11th 2018, 9:14 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Put it another way, using the Duztee method the OP would be facing a bill of approx 3.75 million!
Old Nov 11th 2018, 10:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rainee
The small window needs to come off, i'm getting confused this is what the agent sent me in an e-mail

Here the itemized quote of the windows/doors...
Price is 2.005 000huf
*Extra is the locks/latch normally(cc.100.000 huf). But maybee incl...i will ask.
*Transport i think incl.
And my work.

The 2 million price incl.the paintings,installation too.So they do all the work...
Looks high(incl. the 27% vat too).But these are the prices nowdays for the bigger size ,,ready,, size doors-windows,which made from good quality wood.
THE READY SIZE DOORS/WINDOWS MAYBEE chipper with 400-500,000 huf... but less quality...and more builder work...
So at the endbill will not big difference....
I would expect the window furniture (hinges & handles) to be included. With modern tilt and turn windows you can't properly provide windows without factory fitted furniture. If it includes transport and installation (which will include removal of the old) then the price begins to look better. If the price includes installation don't expect too much (like none) by way of making good the reveals.

By the way the manufacture process is - 1, make the frames, 2, fit the hinges etc and adjust, 3, remove the hinges etc., 4, paint, 5, refit hinges 6, fit glass unit. And the wood used will be pine laminated up from 3 strips (to ensure stability and no warping) purchased in 6m length of a prefinished size to go into the molding machine to cut the profile of either the frame or the light. Typically the 6m lengths are imported from the Ukraine (same applies to doors)

Last edited by Peter_in_Hungary; Nov 11th 2018 at 11:05 am.
Old Nov 11th 2018, 11:24 am
Just Joined

rainee is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmmm me thinks you've:: done this before goodpost
Old Nov 11th 2018, 4:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I've done lots of referbs., you have to get a v. clear understanding of what is included in the price.
If it's not on the quote then it probably won't happen - get it detailed on the quote.

The other thing that happens is - "I'll come next week" so you think OK Monday morning then and all will be ready for him, whereas what happens is that on Friday afternoon he drops his tools off and inspects whats to be done.