Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Brits in hungary?

Brits in hungary?

Old Apr 24th 2012, 3:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Brits in hungary?

If you want to be near to Budapest, then try 'east' of Lake Balaton. Or a little south of Lake Balaton. That way you will have the best of both worlds. Where I live it only takes 45 minutes to an hour to get to Budapest.

We gave up everything and moved here; it has not been easy, but I would not change it for the world.
Old Apr 24th 2012, 4:22 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brits in hungary?

I think you really need to visit before making any decisions as there is a huge difference in landscape. South and East tend to be flat as is the North West, South of the lake is flat, North and East hilly. North of Budapest hilly/mountainous. There are of course exceptions within these areas.
Most Brits are in Budapest or around the lake (West end of the lake). Prices also vary between areas as do the social and economical status's of the villages.

Best idea would be to spend a couple of weeks travelling around various areas to get a feel for them yourself.