Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Bringing car to Hungary

Bringing car to Hungary

Old Jan 20th 2019, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

Benny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bringing car to Hungary

Thanks for the links, I found this as well if it helps anybody else:

https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizen...y/index_en.htm

There's a lot of useful information across the whole site, including things about the UK that I was unaware of.
Old Feb 4th 2019, 3:02 pm
Just Joined

Vangel is an unknown quantity at this point

Really great info and we won't be coming over until early next year but can i ask where you got the best car insurance from please..
Old Feb 4th 2019, 6:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I've not found that much difference between the various companies - they are all in competition anyway.
A couple of points about car insurance
There are 2 categories, compulsory and comprehensive. TF&T doesn't exist. Compulsory is third party only and comprehensive is just that. All policies are any driver. NCB exists up to 50% and car insurance is much cheaper than the UK.
Old Feb 4th 2019, 6:43 pm
Just Joined

Vangel is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you Peter. We take it for granted in England we know what to do when it comes to insurances at the moment I'm finding it all little bit of a mind field let alone bringing in a heavy car. I know I have the ability while we're just visiting a home to use my UK licence and I guess international insurance that I want to be prepared when the time comes to ensure that I know what I'm doing.