Breakdown cover

Old Nov 11th 2020, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

JBinhungary has a reputation beyond reputeJBinhungary has a reputation beyond reputeJBinhungary has a reputation beyond reputeJBinhungary has a reputation beyond reputeJBinhungary has a reputation beyond reputeJBinhungary has a reputation beyond reputeJBinhungary has a reputation beyond reputeJBinhungary has a reputation beyond reputeJBinhungary has a reputation beyond reputeJBinhungary has a reputation beyond reputeJBinhungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Breakdown cover

Does anyone have any good recommendations for breakdown cover. We had full RAC package in the UK so are looking for similar, which will cover person also in other cars
Old Nov 12th 2020, 2:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

PaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Breakdown cover

My wife and I joined Magyar Auto Klub a couple of years ago, just for peace of mind. We drive older cars and most of our journeys are on country roads. Fortunately, as of yet, we haven't needed to use them. The cover is for each of us individually, regardless of what vehicle we are driving.
The best part of it is that it costs us 20,000 ft per year for the pair of us but with that we get a discount card for 8ft per litre off fuel at all MOL petrol stations, saving us about 20,000 ft per year (we do a lot of driving). So technically, the breakdown cover is free.
Old Nov 12th 2020, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

JBinhungary has a reputation beyond reputeJBinhungary has a reputation beyond reputeJBinhungary has a reputation beyond reputeJBinhungary has a reputation beyond reputeJBinhungary has a reputation beyond reputeJBinhungary has a reputation beyond reputeJBinhungary has a reputation beyond reputeJBinhungary has a reputation beyond reputeJBinhungary has a reputation beyond reputeJBinhungary has a reputation beyond reputeJBinhungary has a reputation beyond repute

I have been looking at their website. Thank you. There are no prices that match yours that I could see. Are you on the Standard or Comfort package by any chance?
Old Nov 13th 2020, 6:45 am
BE Enthusiast

PaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond repute

I've just looked at their website and it appears that I have the standard membership, although I may update to comfort next year.
Old Nov 13th 2020, 3:48 pm
Just Joined

Dickyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PaulinEger
I've just looked at their website and it appears that I have the standard membership, although I may update to comfort next year.
How did you go about getting the MOL discount card please? I am a member of Autoklub too and can't see any info on the MOL card on their site.

Thank you,

Dicky
Old Nov 13th 2020, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dickyb
How did you go about getting the MOL discount card please? I am a member of Autoklub too and can't see any info on the MOL card on their site.

Thank you,

Dicky
I have seen it in the breakdown of what package includes. As long as I can apply on line, I will check if there is somewhere else
Old Nov 13th 2020, 10:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

The card came through the post a couple of weeks after we joined. If you haven't got one you need to contact MAK.
Old Nov 14th 2020, 4:07 am
Just Joined

Thank you both. I have an autoklub card, standard membership, PaulinEger. Is that the one you show at the petrol station? I've contacted MAK for advice too. Thank you for your time.

Dicky

Last edited by Dickyb; Nov 14th 2020 at 4:20 am.
Old Nov 14th 2020, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

cheers Paul, on my list of jobs for Monday
Old Nov 15th 2020, 7:56 am
BE Enthusiast

This is my MOL discount card. I simply swipe it in the card machine when I go to pay (before paying). It also gives points that add up and can be used towards discounts on certain products or coffee in the shop.
Old Nov 16th 2020, 11:45 am
Just Joined

Thank you very much Peter.
Old Dec 28th 2020, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

Finally got around to sorting it, only to be told you have to go to an office in person to apply. Honestly what is the point? Has anyone used the one Tesco is advertising by any chance. I need to be able to do it on line.