Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Best gadget I've ever bought

Best gadget I've ever bought

Old Jul 31st 2020, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Best gadget I've ever bought

A small foldable army spade and pick with leather protective sleeve. (sleeve in garage!)

Old Jul 31st 2020, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

ecurb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Best gadget I've ever bought

Kitchen gadget, We brought a manual grating machine at a car boot sale in Torbay for a £2 gpb. I do not have pic but it is a bit like one of those old school hand meat grinders but the body is plastic the grating bit is stainless steel.
It makes short work of grating apples for apple pie.
Old Jul 31st 2020, 2:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ecurb
Kitchen gadget, We brought a manual grating machine at a car boot sale in Torbay for a £2 gpb. I do not have pic but it is a bit like one of those old school hand meat grinders but the body is plastic the grating bit is stainless steel.
It makes short work of grating apples for apple pie.
I think my wife has one of those but I'm not going to mention it to her otherwise she'll be opening all our stored boxes trying to find it. Oh yes, we do have an itemised list of what's in each box number but my wife has discovered a couplebof items are not in the box she thought she put them in. Not her fault. The removal guys turned up three hours early!
Old Jul 31st 2020, 3:47 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FenTiger
A small foldable army spade and pick with leather protective sleeve. (sleeve in garage!) .....
What do you use it for? It looks like it would be handy for carrying on a trip, or keeping in the car boot, so perhaps for a camping trip, but wouldn't a pick axe and spade be more useful, assuming you have the space to store them?
Old Jul 31st 2020, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

Benny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
What do you use it for? It looks like it would be handy for carrying on a trip, or keeping in the car boot, so perhaps for a camping trip, but wouldn't a pick axe and spade be more useful, assuming you have the space to store them?
Mostly for digging latrines and CQB like the rest of us I guess.
Old Jul 31st 2020, 4:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I use it for digging and breaking up hard set earth. I actually bought it to dig myself out of anything, I.e. mud, snow or whatever. It being foldable and also you can change angle of the spade or pick to whatever suits you. With the spade or pick folded from the ground up it comes to about 5cm below my knee. I bought it from a army surplus store in UK. Oops, just found this. It's actually German military shovel and pick.https://hahnsurvival.com/products/ge...ilitary-shovel
Old Aug 1st 2020, 3:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Benny Kovacs
Mostly for digging latrines and CQB like the rest of us I guess.
I dug out a small tree stump and the root yesterday. It was so easy. The spade just cut right through the earth, the pick I used to break up compacted earth deeper down. Filling in the hole with the spade at 90 degrees I compacted each layer of earth so the surface would be even with the rest Being small and foldable it saves alot of space and I had no difficulties doing the job.

Last edited by FenTiger; Aug 1st 2020 at 3:57 am.