Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Balaton Sound 2013

Balaton Sound 2013

Old Jun 10th 2013, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

dave1982 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Balaton Sound 2013

Does anyone know whether the whole of Zamardi will be in a state of chaos during the period July 11th to 14thduring the music festival. Not sure whether the area should be avoided at all costs.

Unless your a fan of loud music, live bands and uninhibited antics of the somewhat younger generation. (I'm not a killjoy, honest, just more laid back since passing 40)

I'm sure ticket holders are welcome but what about the general public or tourists visiting the settlement. I can imagine certain areas will be cordoned off with limited access to the beach.

I have tried to locate a general plan of where different stages are located . We like to visit the very busy and popular Italian Restaurant in Zamardi whenever we're over.

Anyone have any experience or advice on this.

Advice greatly appreciated.
Old Jun 11th 2013, 12:24 am
BE Enthusiast

duztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Balaton Sound 2013

As someone who used to live only a few miles from Glastonbury, my only advice is 'Live and let live'
Like you I am even more passed the loud music and youthful antics stage of life, but it's only a few days so easiest option is to be even more laid back than usual and enjoy watching them enjoying themselves.
Old Jun 11th 2013, 2:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light

There shouldn't be any more disruption than is usual for summer season in and around Siófok and Zamardi. Strangely enough it can be more bothersome for the residents in Balatonfured the opposite side of the Lake as the music travels across the water, making sure no one gets any sleep in the early hours

As Duztee said, its a case of live and let live, and Hungarian concerts are usually well organised, especially the Balaton Sound. I have been in and around Siofók/Zamardi area when the concert has been on for the last 2 years and haven't experienced anything adverse...just a really good vibe
Old Jun 11th 2013, 2:27 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Pol, was that you with the glo sticks, throwing some shapes on top of the water slide
Old Jun 11th 2013, 2:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary
Hey Pol, was that you with the glo sticks, throwing some shapes on top of the water slide
Man...I was in the chill out tent with the bongos :-)
Old Jun 11th 2013, 3:14 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Polgardi
Old Jun 11th 2013, 3:21 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Originally Posted by Polgardi
Talking of chill out tents, exams finished today so time to celebrate then chilllllll - bottle of bubbly at the BB's tonights, oh I know how to party these days