Architect

Old Nov 18th 2021, 10:31 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Architect

We are trying to find an architect to design an extension. Sister-in-law neighbours son is an architect but he is only into designing new houses. We tried someone else but he's more into renovation.
Any ideas how best we could find someone.
Old Nov 18th 2021, 1:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Architect

Originally Posted by FenTiger
We are trying to find an architect to design an extension. Sister-in-law neighbours son is an architect but he is only into designing new houses. We tried someone else but he's more into renovation.
Any ideas how best we could find someone.
Ask on the FB group "Uj Miskolc Lattam or

https://www.houzz.com/professionals/...3%A9n--Hungary

https://www.cybo.com/HU/miskolc/architects/?p=7

Old Nov 20th 2021, 8:57 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sachina
Will look at the links. Not sure about putting on FB.
Old Dec 5th 2021, 8:21 am
Just Joined

Manel is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

We used a firm from Gyor for our house in Balaton. They are really talented team.

CAN Architects Studio Kft.

Old Dec 7th 2021, 8:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Not had any luck emailing an architect in Miskolc. Today sister-in-law husband popped round. We asked him about architects but the university where he works don't do this field. So might have have to design it myself. I don't care if people laugh to say I can't do it. I've gained alot of experience from everyone on this forum I'm confident I can do it.
I've not yet lost my marbles. At school before I left I passed some exams which others didn't excel at but they got better jobs than myself.
Old Dec 8th 2021, 3:34 am
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute

If you take your time and put your ideas onto paper first and write down what you want to achieve I don't see why you could not attempt to design your extension if you are unable to find an architect to do it for you. Bear in mind that cutting corners on things like the foundation and the roof can be expensive to fix later and assuming you are submitting your plans for approval of the relevant authorities you want those items to be correct or your approval could be withheld. If you have access to some design software and can learn how to use it you could come up with 3 D simulations of what your idea will look like before you construct it.
Old Dec 8th 2021, 6:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

You won't get planning and building regs permission unless your drawings are done by a qualified architect and any load bearing issues signed off by a structural engineer. Unfortunately doing your own plans and getting permission based on those is not an option.

Doing your own plans is a good idea as it gives the architect something to work from rather than a verbal discussion so this can cut down on the cycle of changes needed to get what you want.
Old Dec 8th 2021, 6:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Peter_in_Hungary
You won't get planning and building regs permission unless your drawings are done by a qualified architect and any load bearing issues signed off by a structural engineer. Unfortunately doing your own plans and getting permission based on those is not an option.

Doing your own plans is a good idea as it gives the architect something to work from rather than a verbal discussion so this can cut down on the cycle of changes needed to get what you want.
It crossed my mind I would need someone qualified to sign off our plans. Worse case scenario is to forget the extension and build a covered terrace with outdoor kitchen.
Old Dec 8th 2021, 7:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

When we needed to build a holding tank on my property, my son sketched out the plans and the local town planner drew them up professionally so that they would pass planning permission. It might be worth enquiring at your local district office.
Old Dec 8th 2021, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sachina
When we needed to build a holding tank on my property, my son sketched out the plans and the local town planner drew them up professionally so that they would pass planning permission. It might be worth enquiring at your local district office.
That is a good point - your local planning / building control office will know the architects in the area and will probably be able to point you to a tame architect even if one of their staff don't do drawings as a second job. (Architects and structural engineers have to be working as such and either be a current member of the relevant chamber or the firm they work for needs registration, it is no longer just enough to have the relevant university degree, not to mention the liability insurance).
Old Jan 2nd 2022, 11:27 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger
I've sent you a message about architects
Peter
Old Jan 30th 2022, 8:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Got in touch with an architect and they mention our plans are within the rules but a friend of our estate agent paid us a visit and implied we may not be able to do what we want. Our plot is 620 sq.m. and our house floor space is 100 sq.m. Our extension will be about 30 sq.m. and terrace about 15-20 sq.m. Still under the local "0.3" of plot size so bit confused why one architect is implying we can't extend with our plans!
Old Jan 30th 2022, 8:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by FenTiger
Got in touch with an architect and they mention our plans are within the rules but a friend of our estate agent paid us a visit and implied we may not be able to do what we want. Our plot is 620 sq.m. and our house floor space is 100 sq.m. Our extension will be about 30 sq.m. and terrace about 15-20 sq.m. Still under the local "0.3" of plot size so bit confused why one architect is implying we can't extend with our plans!
There are different rules about the amount of built area on a plot you can have. If the architect who said the plans are within the rules is prepared to draw up the plans and get them passed then give him the job. (There are usually options of getting around the limits if you are borderline)
Old Jan 30th 2022, 9:35 am
BE Enthusiast

As far as I understand iit all depends whether your extensions fall within the zoning code of the village you live in. For example if the zoning code for your area is 25% and you live on a plot of 1000 square metres then you can build a house up to 250 square metres but no larger.

I know where I live, despite most plots being around half an acre, the regulations dictate that all houses have to be constructed within a few metres of the road, meaning you can't build your house in the middle of your land no matter how much you want to.
Old Jan 31st 2022, 9:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Worst case scenario is we will forget adding an extension and just add a covered terrace. We could do with an additional toilet and shower especially nearer the garden rather than trudge all the way to the other end of the house!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.