Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Appliances - where to buy?

Appliances - where to buy?

Old Nov 19th 2015, 8:33 am
Just Joined

Spineytoad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Appliances - where to buy?

Advice please, looking for places to buy kitchen appliances as well as sinks/plumbing supplies and also for bathroom items ie: toilet pan and shower etc
Old Nov 19th 2015, 7:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Appliances - where to buy?

Originally Posted by Spineytoad
Advice please, looking for places to buy kitchen appliances as well as sinks/plumbing supplies and also for bathroom items ie: toilet pan and shower etc
Specific to a location - in which case where? Otherwise for white goods research on line and go to chain stores like Euronics. We have bought a washing machine and 2 freezers on line and a fridge locally. It was all down to models available and price.

Ditto for plumbing supplies, but I tend to buy most of the plumbing bits in the local plumbing shop as these tend to be small items for maintenance although when I did a heating referb then I bought some on line due to availability/cost.

The on line shops have all operated a COD system and delivery is usually within 1-2 days.
Old Nov 19th 2015, 9:32 pm
Just Joined

We will be in the Zala region if that helps :-)
Old Nov 19th 2015, 9:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond repute

You might look first in the MediaMarkt in Zalaegerszeg or the Euronics as Peter wrote for a kind of "base price" for appliances and then look if you can get a better price.

Re bathroom and heating stuff: there are several large shops in Keszthely on the main road with a large selection too.
Old Nov 20th 2015, 12:19 am
Just Joined

Thanks Wolfi and Peter :-)
Old Nov 22nd 2015, 2:17 am
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

In Nagykanizsa there is a plumbing shop called Viky which is at Nagykanizsa, Récsei út 1. That is the road that runs behind OBI. There is one guy there who speaks good English. Look carefully at the design of the toilet pans as they are not all the same as UK ones!
Old Nov 22nd 2015, 5:40 am
Just Joined

fidobsa _ I assume you are referring to the poo shelf! lol. Have spotted that quirk, not quite sure why it is like that, but no worse than the French 2 foot plates straddling a 'hole'! We will be needing septic tank and full plumbing for sanitation waste. a dry compost loo will have to suffice until we can get it all sorted. Thanks for the link to an assistant in a plumbing shop that has good English as my Hungarian will be stretched to the limit for everyday life to start with, let alone complex things like pipe diameters and thread counts.
Old Nov 22nd 2015, 4:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

mawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this point

fidobsa _ I assume you are referring to the poo shelf! lol. Have spotted that quirk, not quite sure why it is like that, but no worse than the French 2 foot plates straddling a 'hole'! We will be needing septic tank and full plumbing for sanitation waste. a dry compost loo will have to suffice until we can get it all sorted. Thanks for the link to an assistant in a plumbing shop that has good English as my Hungarian will be stretched to the limit for everyday life to start with, let alone complex things like pipe diameters and thread counts.
Septic Tank available at www.rotatech.hu 1000 Lt. 76.073fh. Including Tax add delivery over the years I have installed a large amount of septic tank.systems so if any help then contact Going many years Grandad broke the Gusender under the bed Granny had to go on hunt for new one none in the Village so of to Town scoring all the shops none then noticed Timothy Whites asking non but the shop assistant says have you Tried Boots granny Reply was yes but they are not water tight and runs out of Lace Holes digger47
Old Nov 22nd 2015, 4:37 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by digger47
Going many years Grandad broke the Gusender under the bed Granny had to go on hunt for new one none in the Village so of to Town scoring all the shops none then noticed Timothy Whites asking non but the shop assistant says have you Tried Boots granny Reply was yes but they are not water tight and runs out of Lace Holes digger47
Old Nov 22nd 2015, 9:20 pm
Just Joined

Many years since I have had a Gusunder! My Aunty's old farm with only an outside loo in winter, no leccy, just candlelight and the only indoor plumbing was the cold tap in the kitchen. Brings back childhood memories of holiday visits.

Out of interest in these old houses with no sanitation for human waste, how did they manage the toilet necessities of life? Was it all 'bucket and chuck it?' Compost heap style?

Thanks digger 47, whereabouts are you? Would be nice to get to know some peeps over a mound of earth and a bottle of pálinka!
Old Nov 22nd 2015, 10:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

mawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this point

Many years since I have had a Gusunder! My Aunty's old farm with only an outside loo in winter, no leccy, just candlelight and the only indoor plumbing was the cold tap in the kitchen. Brings back childhood memories of holiday visits. Out of interest in these old houses with no sanitation for human waste, how did they manage the toilet necessities of life? Was it all 'bucket and chuck it?' Compost heap style? Thanks digger 47, whereabouts are you? Would be nice to get to know some peeps over a mound of earth and a bottle of pálinka!
Hi there I am over near to Szekesfehervar Patka and LovasberneyI was traverling to Lincon for ooncology when ran into very very thick fog so I was lost but in the distance able to see a Light so of I went to ask directions, knocing on the door a small Boy answered asking if mum was there he sed no but my uncle was then my big sister then my dad not mum so son boy what sort of House is this he sed a S---T House digger 47
Old Nov 22nd 2015, 11:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Breaking News for Spineytoad to avoid being in smelly envirement go to www.dynamis-hordo.hu top wright hand side change to English then Menu select from list Other Products ok got that then when there look bottom right hand side this will help keeping Friends and proberly the Wife digger47
Old Nov 23rd 2015, 4:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Out of interest in these old houses with no sanitation for human waste, how did they manage the toilet necessities of life? Was it all 'bucket and chuck it?' Compost heap style?
There was/is an outside loo which consisted of a hole in the ground about 1m3 which had an enclosure with boards and a seat and an ash bucket built on top of it. If the enclosure was wooden then this had the advantage that when the hole was within 30cm of the top (took years as the stuff composts itself) then the enclosure could be moved to another 1m3 hole, the remaining 30cm was filled with earth and a fruit tree planted on top. Many places in Hungary still have this for use when in the garden and I know a couple of places where this is still the only sanitation.

By the way the last time I used a guzunder was when I was in a village in the south of Belgium that had a cold water tap in the kitchen for drinking water only otherwise the well hand pump was used and the outside loo was across the yard and had no light. It was a bit chilly in the winter!! But that was 50+ years ago.
Old Nov 23rd 2015, 6:30 am
Just Joined

Digger47 are you sure that web address is correct? It goes to a wine barrel producers site?! As for keeping the wife, I am the wife :-P

Peter_In_Hungary - I shall look out for the best fruit trees on the plot! My Aunt's was in a little village not far from Bristol, she was very reclusive and short on cash, it was only 35yrs ago and she refused to modernise as it was too expensive and the candles worked well enough. At night she banked the fire and the range cooker.
Old Nov 23rd 2015, 6:42 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Digger47 are you sure that web address is correct? It goes to a wine barrel producers site?!
It does but if you look for 'Other Products' it has some rather unusual & interesting products for the keeping of oneself smelling sweetly.

Try this LINK < ---------------

You need to scroll to the bottom of the page.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.