Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Anyone live in Hungary?

Anyone live in Hungary?

Old Jul 3rd 2011, 7:53 am
Just Joined

snailww is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone live in Hungary?

We are looking to purchase in Lake Balatan area...any ex pats out there with advise as to location...pitfalls & advantages. All help gratefully received
Old Oct 20th 2011, 12:56 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone live in Hungary

Hi,

I've just found your thread buried in our Rest of the World forum. We actually have a Hungary forum and have quite a few members who live there, so I am going to move this thread for you.

A belated welcome to our little site for expats

Sue
Old Oct 20th 2011, 3:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Anyone live in Hungary?

Hello there,

With regard to location it depends on what you are looking for and also what your budget is. There are plenty of people on here who can advise on the locations they are located in. My first piece of advice is this - if you are using an agent please check their credentials - unfortunately there are unscrupulous people around who might not make you aware of all the pitfalls of an area. Have you visited Hungary, if so, what areas appealed to you etc? If you can provide a bit more info - I am sure there will be plenty of guidance here.
Old Oct 21st 2011, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

OGSG is just really niceOGSG is just really niceOGSG is just really niceOGSG is just really niceOGSG is just really niceOGSG is just really niceOGSG is just really niceOGSG is just really nice

Originally Posted by snailww
We are looking to purchase in Lake Balatan area...any ex pats out there with advise as to location...pitfalls & advantages. All help gratefully received
There are loads living in the Balaton area - they are the Balaton Brits. Welcome! You'll soon get a welcome from Rural Hungary moderator for the Hungary expat group.

Can I suggest you let us know what you are after? Now your thread has been moved you'll see there is already lots of advice here, take a while to read through it, I'm sure it will answer a lot of your questions!
All the best on your move, good choice!
Old Oct 21st 2011, 4:42 pm
Banned

SteveNLisa is just really niceSteveNLisa is just really niceSteveNLisa is just really niceSteveNLisa is just really niceSteveNLisa is just really niceSteveNLisa is just really niceSteveNLisa is just really niceSteveNLisa is just really nice

We have just completed the purchase of our property in Hungary with huge amounts of help from Rural on this forum. She is a complete a star
Old Oct 21st 2011, 4:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by SteveNLisa
We have just completed the purchase of our property in Hungary with huge amounts of help from Rural on this forum. She is a complete a star
Pleased to hear it. Welcome to Hungary Where did you buy may I ask?
Old Oct 21st 2011, 4:56 pm
Banned

SteveNLisa is just really niceSteveNLisa is just really niceSteveNLisa is just really niceSteveNLisa is just really niceSteveNLisa is just really niceSteveNLisa is just really niceSteveNLisa is just really niceSteveNLisa is just really nice

Thank you, We purchased a small holding in Rgyac nr Nagykanizsa

We are still awaiting to sell our property in the UK before we can move out though
Old Oct 21st 2011, 4:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Great stuff. Look forward to hearing your progress etc.
Old Oct 22nd 2011, 2:24 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SteveNLisa
Thank you, We purchased a small holding in Rgyac nr Nagykanizsa

We are still awaiting to sell our property in the UK before we can move out though
Rigyac LOL Don't want you getting lost on your return!

You definitely did well - views like that are hard to find without a serious price tag

Welcome to the forum snailww, as the users have said, there is a wealth of information on the Hungarian section so browse away and if you need any help or have further questions just ask as there will be somebody around to help. I'm the concierge for the Hungarian section so if you need to, feel free to drop me a PM.
Old Oct 22nd 2011, 6:09 pm
Banned

Was spelt correct, I just left my I looking at the view from our new home