Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Any pilots flying in Hungary?

Any pilots flying in Hungary?

Old Dec 17th 2010, 9:45 am

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Any pilots flying in Hungary?

Can't find anything in my searches.

I would love to know how you get on and how much it costs here to hire aircraft, Clubs around here, and if can you renew your medicals here. In fact any thing else you could update me on.
Old Dec 17th 2010, 2:46 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any pilots flying in Hungary?

Hi, I know there somewhere near Heviz which offers flights, skydiving etc but I don't know if they hire the planes out.
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

tonydilihaz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by anonimouse
Can't find anything in my searches.

I would love to know how you get on and how much it costs here to hire aircraft, Clubs around here, and if can you renew your medicals here. In fact any thing else you could update me on.
did you Google 'Flying Training in Hungary'? 3 came up. one at least rents planes & does PPL training.
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 6:58 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonydilihaz
did you Google 'Flying Training in Hungary'? 3 came up. one at least rents planes & does PPL training.
No I hadn't had any luck with Google.

It was hiring aircraft and costs and where to take a medical and if the medical here is accepted by the CAA. where to purchase maps and things for Hungary, just general stuff really.

I had many questions that a local pilot could have perhaps answered but it's not important I am moving soon, thanks anyway.
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

tonydilihaz is an unknown quantity at this point

With the ascendance of EASA, licences have become pan European, so the old worries about cross border applicability are now history. What have you got? A British PLL/CPL?

Hourly rates I saw this evening look quite reasonable, AVGAS £££/litre & all that.

Where are you off to?
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by tonydilihaz
With the ascendance of EASA, licences have become pan European, so the old worries about cross border applicability are now history. What have you got? A British PLL/CPL?

Hourly rates I saw this evening look quite reasonable, AVGAS £££/litre & all that.

Where are you off to?
Hi, I'm PPl, off back to Spain.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 9:47 am
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

I dare say the firms would want to go up with you the first time before they agree to hire you a plane for solo use but they will need to speak enough English for air traffic control / radio in any case. Good luck with it.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

tomasc is a jewel in the roughtomasc is a jewel in the roughtomasc is a jewel in the roughtomasc is a jewel in the roughtomasc is a jewel in the rough

You can get all the things done in Hungary, as well as the medical. I did my PPL here and it is no problem, everybody speaks english.

Top of my head i don't remember howthe PPl licensing works if you are not in your country of residence, if you have hungarian residence no problems for sure.

Some schools and places to hire planes,
http://www.caboodle.hu/nc/directorie...y/?user_bd_pi1[showSecondLevelCategory]=103000

http://www.bestaviation.net/search/?...fl&loc=Hungary

Medical
ODOR JÓZSEF ORSZÁGOS KÖZEGÉSZSÉGÜGYI KÖZPONT REPÜLÉSI, HAJÓZÁSI ÉS TENGERÉSZETI EGÉSZSÉGÜGYI KÖZPONT (Fodor Jozsef Medical Center)

Address: 1097 Budapest, Gyáli út 17.
Tel.: +36 (1) 2806809
Fax.: +36 (1) 358-0975
URL.: http://www.aeromed.org/
E-mail: [email protected], [email protected]

The check is done on a preagreed date, and usually takes a half day.
The Budapest airspace is a bit busier than countryside so there is bit more work with air trafic control. :-)
Old Mar 24th 2011, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by fidobsa
I dare say the firms would want to go up with you the first time before they agree to hire you a plane for solo use but they will need to speak enough English for air traffic control / radio in any case. Good luck with it.
Ah yes that's standard practice having a checkout whoever you are, obviously they would want to see your license and log book too, as for the language, English is the International standard for flying so no worries on that score I would hope.....and prey lol.

I have hired aircraft in America it's not a problem, I had to complete forms for a temporary airmans certificate but I got a proper full license in the post when I got home, from them.

It sure is the way to travel
Old Mar 24th 2011, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by tomasc
You can get all the things done in Hungary, as well as the medical. I did my PPL here and it is no problem, everybody speaks english.

Top of my head i don't remember howthe PPl licensing works if you are not in your country of residence, if you have hungarian residence no problems for sure.

Some schools and places to hire planes,
http://www.caboodle.hu/nc/directorie...y/?user_bd_pi1[showSecondLevelCategory]=103000

http://www.bestaviation.net/search/?...fl&loc=Hungary

Medical
ODOR JÓZSEF ORSZÁGOS KÖZEGÉSZSÉGÜGYI KÖZPONT REPÜLÉSI, HAJÓZÁSI ÉS TENGERÉSZETI EGÉSZSÉGÜGYI KÖZPONT (Fodor Jozsef Medical Center)

Address: 1097 Budapest, Gyáli út 17.
Tel.: +36 (1) 2806809
Fax.: +36 (1) 358-0975
URL.: http://www.aeromed.org/
E-mail: [email protected], [email protected]

The check is done on a preagreed date, and usually takes a half day.
The Budapest airspace is a bit busier than countryside so there is bit more work with air trafic control. :-)
Thanks for all that good info, problem is it's come a little late for me I'm off from here within about 10 days, Interesting though and thank you

One question, how did taking your PPL here compare to the UK, are the exams the same for instance? as In America they, I believe are much easier but not accepted by the CAA in the UK.

In the Uk there are about about 6 exams I believe now,

Aviation Law, Meteorology, Navigation, Aircraft technical, Radio telephony, and one I didn't have to take Human limitations and performance, these are of course only the basic and there are more around the aircraft and flying exams too then there are extras like IMC (only a UK recognised thing) and IR, etc etc.

The Bitish License is accepted world wide.

Last edited by anonimouse; Mar 24th 2011 at 2:18 pm.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

tomasc is a jewel in the roughtomasc is a jewel in the roughtomasc is a jewel in the roughtomasc is a jewel in the roughtomasc is a jewel in the rough

If you do JAR PPL then the exams are pretty much the same everywhere as they are stipulated by JAA and the license should be accepted in all JAA countries. If you do any national license, then you can only fly planes registered in that country, if i remember correctly. I think UK is one of the countries that still issues national licenses as well (as does Hungary if i recall correctly). Some countries as far as i know already stopped issuing national licenses altogether.

I did JAR PPL in Hungary and accordingly it should be accepted everywhere as any JAR PPL.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by tomasc
If you do JAR PPL then the exams are pretty much the same everywhere as they are stipulated by JAA and the license should be accepted in all JAA countries. If you do any national license, then you can only fly planes registered in that country, if i remember correctly. I think UK is one of the countries that still issues national licenses as well (as does Hungary if i recall correctly). Some countries as far as i know already stopped issuing national licenses altogether.

I did JAR PPL in Hungary and accordingly it should be accepted everywhere as any JAR PPL.
Some of this is new to me, this information will help other pilots coming to Hungary I am sure, wish I would have had this info earlier could have met up for a natter, thanks anyway mate, good info
Old Jun 12th 2011, 8:05 am
Just Joined

poeli is an unknown quantity at this point

Can anyone give me some more information about the PPL in hungary? If I get it over there, Can I use it in other EASA countrys? Like Belgium, Uk, France?
And for the paperwork and revalidation, is it possible to transfer all the paperwork to Belgium after I got my licence in Hungary?
Thanks,
Old Jun 13th 2011, 6:51 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi poeli and welcome to the BE site.
Should you have any problems or questions, feel free to contact myself or Mitzyboy and we will be more than happy to help. Useful advise on using the forum can be found here at the welcome inn

Sorry but I can't help you on this one. Hopefully someone who can answer your question will be along soon .