Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

All things Ryanair

All things Ryanair

Old Feb 4th 2012, 12:41 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default All things Ryanair

Hi, I've started a new thread on Ryanair so as not to clog up the Malev or Flybalton threads.

OGSG, feel free to debate : Ryanair "the worlds favourite airline"

For now, I have a Ryanair related question. Has anybody managed to obtain a Ryanair cash passport???? Having spent three hours, late last night, and tried several different computers, browsers, debit & credit cards, I am still receiving an error message.
A search shows that this is a common problem and one for which Ryanair has no explanation and can only resolve by having you go through a tedious paperwork procedure
Old Feb 4th 2012, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

Shotgun is a jewel in the roughShotgun is a jewel in the roughShotgun is a jewel in the roughShotgun is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: All things Ryanair

Ordered one on Thursday evening. Everything went through ok, and my money was accepted. Was told that it would take up to three working days to receive it.

I only found out last night (Friday) that Ryanair were flying to Budapest from 17th February instead of April, and the fares were £9.99 each way, so I booked flights for three of us without waiting for my card to arrive - Ryanair have a habit of changing their fares (upwards) overnight, so I thought it better to pay the extra £6.00 before they went up by more than this amount.

The prices haven't changed yet, but even with the extra £6.00 each way they are still very cheap.
Old Feb 8th 2012, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

Shotgun is a jewel in the roughShotgun is a jewel in the roughShotgun is a jewel in the roughShotgun is a jewel in the rough

Ryanair card arrived this morning (Wednesday).

Fares from Manchester to Budapest did go up after I bought mine on Saturday, but they're back down to £9.99 again today, so I could have saved £36 (3 return fares).

Apparently Ryanair haven't done a deal with Budapest airport yet, so these flights may not materialise. If so, we'll just fly to Bratislava instead - the drive down takes a bit longer, but it's no great problem.
Old Feb 8th 2012, 2:53 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Shotgun, I gave up on getting one for now as I just don't have the time to go through the paperwork route and I'm hoping, since it appears to be a common issue, they might resolve it.

Quite shocking how the booking fee adds up, especially over multiple trips or a large number of travelers!
Is Wizzair an option for you? They have announced 10 new routes from Budapest but not had time to check where they fly to yet.
Old Feb 9th 2012, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

As far as I know Wizzair fly to Budapest only from Luton. This would mean a long journey at both ends, so it's not very suitable for us.

We're less than an hour from Manchester, and not much further from Liverpool so we try to travel from these if possible.