Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Advice on actions - Damage by construction vibration to personal property

Advice on actions - Damage by construction vibration to personal property

Old Apr 13th 2019, 11:23 pm
Just Joined

dream2931 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Advice on actions - Damage by construction vibration to personal property

Thank you for your additional comments, Peter.
Well, building constructed next to ours is build by the same owner just a different phase. I got builders getting SE to visit our apartment and provide us with his recommendations as I mentioned in my previous response to you. I agree that it is better to have independent SE to do assessment to make sure that it is not affected by anyone..
We contacted (sent email) to our management company and owners of new building and asked for them to get involved. Also indicated to them that we are in process of preparing our notification for our municipality building and licensing department (have not done it yet).
Those damages are complete fault of newly build building construction company (subcontractor to owners) and they admit it. Our concern is that we do not want to deal with all this mess by ourselves, want proper assessment of damages and correct work done and also want to have some compensation to us for all this mess and inconvenience it is causing to us and our living standards. Is it really doable here? Not sure how long all parties involved will drag their feet to get all properly fixed.

P.S. Sorry for posting such large pictures of damages, did not figure out yet how to make smaller images to post

Last edited by dream2931; Apr 13th 2019 at 11:28 pm.
Old Apr 13th 2019, 11:24 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Advice on actions - Damage by construction vibration to personal property

Hi Expatrick,
No we don't have Articles. Should I be asking for one? I am sure it would be in Hungarian
Old Apr 13th 2019, 11:55 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dream2931
Hi Expatrick,
No we don't have Articles. Should I be asking for one? I am sure it would be in Hungarian
You should & you should have them translated.

Compensation? Next to no chance - this is not the US!
Old Apr 14th 2019, 1:31 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Expatrick
You should & you should have them translated.

Compensation? Next to no chance - this is not the US!
Thank you, Expatrick. Got your message. Will see next week what would unfold....