British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Hungary (https://britishexpats.com/forum/hungary-140/)
-   -   Accommodation/ Food regs (https://britishexpats.com/forum/hungary-140/accommodation-food-regs-917961/)

JBinhungary Oct 3rd 2018 6:34 pm

Accommodation/ Food regs

Hi,

Does anyone know where i would find the correct information on running a B&B, self catering & also campsites in Hungary.

I know all are covered by different rules in regards to tax etc but cant find anything much on B&Bs & the provision of food. Am sure there will be something as there must be licences etc to get

Peter_in_Hungary Oct 4th 2018 7:49 am

Re: Accommodation/ Food regs

The office to talk to would be NÉBIH - Nemzeti Élelmiszerlánc-biztonsági Hivatal
Look up your nearest office at NÉBIH központ és telephelyek - Nébih

JBinhungary Oct 4th 2018 7:32 pm

Thanks Peter, will do

jameswm May 13th 2019 12:28 pm

@JB, did you find out anything about the regulations for the accommodation side of things? Thanks

JBinhungary Feb 11th 2020 8:27 am

I am getting back at it this year. Life here has a way of the days running into weeks a,d before you know it,it is a new year. I know there were change to some of the laws last year re NAV I believe.

jameswm Feb 11th 2020 8:55 am

Hi JB,
We set up our "Egyebi Szallashely" last summer. You have to register at the Onkormanzat. They need the following:
-proof of ownership of the property
-proof of business registration
-adoszam
-3000 Ft

You also need to register with NTAK and submit guest information everyday.
Then each month you need to submit via paper/electronically a 3 page form about how many guests came.
Then you need to pay the Idegenforgalmi Ado (tourist tax) - for us it's 300 Ft/person/night.

Don't forget there's also Helyi Ipari Ado, up to 2% of turnover.

As well as this you'll either need to be self employed on KATA (50k ft/month) or pay an annual flat tax plus a tax per square meter.

For us, being an "other accommodation place", we had to make sure we met the critiera; min square meterage, toilet brush, coffee making facilities, etc.

Hope this helps you/someone else!

JBinhungary Feb 11th 2020 9:31 am

Thanks James, what is your accommodation? They certainly added more in than the last time we looked with these new snoopers law as I have hear them called. Some areas are exempt from the tourist they though aren't they or has that changed too?

jameswm Feb 13th 2020 8:01 am

Ours is basically a garden shed, so separate from the house.
Not sure what you mean about the areas being exempt.

JBinhungary Feb 18th 2020 6:22 pm

I saw somewhere about a tax that was more specific to the area around the lake.

Peter_in_Hungary Feb 19th 2020 9:54 am

Originally Posted by JBinhungary (Post 12808458)
I saw somewhere about a tax that was more specific to the area around the lake.

There is a tourist tax that is levied in some areas payable at a daily rate per head. This tax is at the discretion of the local council and sometimes the landlords quote this as a separate item on the accommodation pricing.

JBinhungary Feb 20th 2020 8:29 pm

That's the one, thanks Peter