Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

4 hr Q at Budapest airport

4 hr Q at Budapest airport

Old Jul 19th 2020, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

2017sunshine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 4 hr Q at Budapest airport

Budapest airport yesterday I was In a Q for 4 hrs to enter the country from Luton they were taking everyone's details and giving out the red door stickers there was a special desk open for parents with small children and those who had the paper work for the covid 19 Test in the last 5 days other wise it was a long wait !!

Nearly to the passport section only 2 hrs to go

Start of my Q 4 hrs

Behind me at the start of my Q time ?? I
Old Jul 19th 2020, 7:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 4 hr Q at Budapest airport

Not the time to travel. Is your journey really necessary ?
Old Jul 19th 2020, 8:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Yup - Hungary's serious about pulling up the draw bridge. Thats how we've got away lightly so far. And they give out the red stickers so that everyone knows the household is 'unclean' and that the police can easily find the houses to check.
As far as I have heard with the recent up-tick in numbers, each case has been traced back to someone coming in from abroad.
Old Jul 19th 2020, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

Benny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Kovacs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peter_in_Hungary
As far as I have heard with the recent up-tick in numbers, each case has been traced back to someone coming in from abroad.
and by the looks of that queue if somebody at the front had it then by 4 hours later someone at the back probably will as well
😷☣️
Old Jul 19th 2020, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

Hello Péter and yes !! I don't disagree with any think ! They could have made things easier with an online form to fill out and submit the same as when you fly into the uk which would have made things a lot better for the passengers arriving and also for the staff at the airport ! But they did give out free bottles of water which was nice !
Old Jul 20th 2020, 4:56 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear, we are flying out on Wednesday arriving nearly midnight so if the queue is four hours long we won't get to our destination until 6 in the morning!
Old Jul 20th 2020, 4:56 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Did you have a medical exam?
Old Jul 20th 2020, 5:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Benny Kovacs
and by the looks of that queue if somebody at the front had it then by 4 hours later someone at the back probably will as well
😷☣️
You can see in the photos some people were getting fed up wearing their face mask!
Old Jul 20th 2020, 5:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Peter_in_Hungary
Yup - Hungary's serious about pulling up the draw bridge. Thats how we've got away lightly so far. And they give out the red stickers so that everyone knows the household is 'unclean' and that the police can easily find the houses to check.
I thought everyone arriving at Budapest Airport has a medical exam?

I agree with Hungary pulling up the drawbridge. Some people are very ignorant of social distancing or wearing a face mask. In UK I noticed some people have no patience to wait for someone to exit a shop before going in to maintain the shop's 'only two customers inside at any time'.
Old Jul 20th 2020, 5:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by FenTiger
Oh dear, we are flying out on Wednesday arriving nearly midnight so if the queue is four hours long we won't get to our destination until 6 in the morning!
I came in at 12.00 so there was already a Q And flights arriving afterwards you may be lucky if your the only flight in And just the temp check hopefully I'm going for a covid test today or tomorrow if my friend can book me in 10000 ft and the results in 30 mins I will let you know if it happens ?
Old Jul 20th 2020, 5:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by 2017sunshine
I came in at 12.00 so there was already a Q And flights arriving afterwards you may be lucky if your the only flight in And just the temp check hopefully I'm going for a covid test today or tomorrow if my friend can book me in 10000 ft and the results in 30 mins I will let you know if it happens ?
Might get a covid test too. Do you only need one covid test or is it two five days apart? I'd happily pay 10,000 HF if it cuts my quarantine down to "time served"!

I don't think I could cope with quarantining myself for 14 days! Atleast my mother-in-law's garden is big enough to have a little run or stroll around.
Old Jul 20th 2020, 5:45 am
Forum Regular

Hi mr tiger yes I think if you pass the first one you can ask to be except from quarantine but you still have to have the 2nd test as you say within a few days
Old Jul 20th 2020, 5:50 am
BE Forum Addict

2017sunshine - thanks for clarifying.

Both my wife and I have decided irrespective of whether we have a test or not we will be firm with social distancing with other family members and friends until we feel confident we are 110% clear.
Old Jul 20th 2020, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

An update for you my friend just phoned to say I have to apply for the covid test from my local village doctor who then comes ? As I have arrived from the orange country and yes it two tests within 48 hrs I will email my doctor and again will let you know what happens ?
Old Jul 20th 2020, 6:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by 2017sunshine
An update for you my friend just phoned to say I have to apply for the covid test from my local village doctor who then comes ? As I have arrived from the orange country and yes it two tests within 48 hrs I will email my doctor and again will let you know what happens ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.