Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

Where to eat? Your views

Where to eat? Your views

Old Nov 4th 2007, 6:24 pm
Just Joined

nativegoan is a jewel in the roughnativegoan is a jewel in the roughnativegoan is a jewel in the roughnativegoan is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Where to eat? Mirabai Goan Village

Originally Posted by lemonpepper
Wonderful place down quiet road near beach. Great genuine Goan food and seafood , charming knowledgeable owner Vasu is a wonderful host.

Turn towards beach ( tehre afe signs for it) by hotel Zahara on Baga Rd about 500m from Infantaria
In South Goa , MArtin's Corner ...
Old Nov 4th 2007, 6:38 pm
wen
Forum Regular

wen will become famous soon enoughwen will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Where to eat? Your views

Originally Posted by Remy-Ireland
Hi Andy,

cant seem to find article about shacks in todays herald.
Have you got a link?

Remy
I couldn't find it niether
Old Nov 5th 2007, 2:42 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by noni
Hi Remy,
Not in the on line Herald. perhaps Andy will send us the article.
No I guess the items won't be online. One was an application form from the Government to apply for NOC's for shacks, the other was an ad from the Shackowners calling a meeting to protest the lateness of the applicatios / lottery for shacks.

AndyD 8-)#
Old Nov 5th 2007, 2:47 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by a_f_d
No I guess the items won't be online. One was an application form from the Government to apply for NOC's for shacks, the other was an ad from the Shackowners calling a meeting to protest the lateness of the applicatios / lottery for shacks.

AndyD 8-)#

Will they be up by the 11th November?
Old Nov 6th 2007, 6:36 pm
Just Joined

David Gardiner is an unknown quantity at this point

Casa Sea Shell candolim excellent food and service but avoid the table in the middle it seems to attract all the flies (dont ask me why) Ask for a tandoori platter its not on the menu but its a good mix.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 7:40 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by David Gardiner
Casa Sea Shell candolim excellent food and service but avoid the table in the middle it seems to attract all the flies (dont ask me why) Ask for a tandoori platter its not on the menu but its a good mix.
Have always found them very good - is Sam still in charge of the Resturant?
Old Nov 7th 2007, 9:19 am
Just Joined

David Gardiner is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Where to eat? Your views

Have always found them very good - is Sam still in charge of the Resturant?
Hi Noni
Yes Sam is still in charge and the staff are all friendly and the chef can come and live with me!!!
Old Nov 7th 2007, 2:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Will they be up by the 11th November?
quote from today's Heraldo mistyped by my own fair ahnd <g>:

Government of Goa
Department of Tourism
CORRIGENDUM
The permission for 'A' beach Stretches of North and South Goa shall be read as Rs 25,000 instead of Rs 30,000 and the permission fee for 'B' ... Rs 15,00 instead of Rs 20,000
The fee for Application Forms shall be read as Rs 5,500 instead of Rs 500
Further, for sale of Application Forms the date may be read as 7/11/2007 instead of 9/11/2007 . The last date for receipt of Application Forms .... 12/11/2007 instead of 14/11/2007 .. draw of lots for North Goa will be 14/11/2007 instead of 21/11/2007 and for South Goa will be 15/11/2007 instead of 22/11/2007.... erection of Temporary Shacks shall be issued on 16/11/2007.
Pissups in breweries will be read as from 2345...

AndYD 8-)#
Old Nov 7th 2007, 2:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Where to eat?

Eat at home - Newtons have opened a *huge* supermarket on the Highland site.

AndyD 8-)#
Old Nov 8th 2007, 1:25 am
Forum Regular

FUWID is on a distinguished road

Hi Andy

I saw you the other day at the HBR but i did not have chance to stop and chat. I hope everything is alright and will chat to you when i can. Great storm last night or what ?. We went to Fishermans cove at the top of HB road and had a lovely meal by candle light of course.

If you PM me i will let you know who you are talking too.

FUWID
Old Nov 8th 2007, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by FUWID
Hi Andy

I saw you the other day at the HBR but i did not have chance to stop and chat. I hope everything is alright and will chat to you when i can. Great storm last night or what ?. We went to Fishermans cove at the top of HB road and had a lovely meal by candle light of course.

If you PM me i will let you know who you are talking too.

FUWID
SOON OUR COVERS ARE GOING TO BE BLOWN - LIKE THE LEKKIE LAST NIGHT.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 8:25 pm
Just Joined

bombayduck is an unknown quantity at this point

Dont forget there is the on line "Goa find all "which is the same as the little booklet that is found in all restaurants. just click on the date and what you are interested in

Link should be below

http://www.findall-goa.com/browsebycat.php?page=1&cat=9
Old Nov 8th 2007, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by bombayduck
Dont forget there is the on line "Goa find all "which is the same as the little booklet that is found in all restaurants. just click on the date and what you are interested in

Link should be below

http://www.findall-goa.com/browsebycat.php?page=1&cat=9
Hi Bombayduck
Couldn't find the Who is Who of the British Expats!!
Old Nov 9th 2007, 1:51 am
Forum Regular

FUWID is on a distinguished road

Noni

FUWID
Old Nov 13th 2007, 6:03 am
BE Enthusiast

TONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond repute

Have been eating in the Moonlight, on the same road as Pretty Petals, wonderful little place, good food, nice people. Pork chops are great as well as some of the Goan meals. Barbecue on Wednesday, have said we will go to it, Santana, the owner, says it is very good.
Tony P

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.