Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

Suvina Orchards-benaulim

Suvina Orchards-benaulim

Old Feb 24th 2007, 1:27 pm
Just Joined

Jameslangstone is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Suvina Orchards-benaulim

Hi folks,

I am buying one of the villas at suvina orchards - benaulim in south goa.

I would be interested in hearing from other buyers on the development so we can share experiences about subjects such as furnishing, the current morass of turning the leasehold into a freehold - via company, via residency ???? etc. etc.

cheers

james
Old Feb 24th 2007, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

John Chappell will become famous soon enoughJohn Chappell will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Suvina Orchards-benaulim

Hi James,

My wife & I are buying Villa No 1. I am currently living and working in Cochin South India and have been for some time, I have established residency IAW current FEMA rules so will be registering the property in my name at completion.

I am not sure about how you stand in registering your property via a company as there has been a lot of talk about the authorities not allowing that to be permissable unless the company is actively trading. The only option currently available to you may be the long lease arrangement. Perhaps a visit to an independent advocate may be useful next time you are in Goa.

We intend to buy local furniture, if you look around there are more and more outlets coming up, although I believe can be quite expensive.

Hope this helps James, if there is anything specific you think I may be able to help with, just post to the forum as usual, no doubt we will meet later this year.

Regards

John
Old Feb 24th 2007, 5:11 pm
Just Joined

suvinaorchardsbuyer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,
We are also buying a villa at Suvina Orchards in goa.

It would be very benefitial if all buyers grouped together and exchanged some information as we all seem to be in the same position.

Looking forward to hearing from all of you buyers out there .

Best regards
Old Feb 25th 2007, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

John Chappell will become famous soon enoughJohn Chappell will become famous soon enough

Hi Suvinaorchardsbuyer,

I have sent you a private mail.

John
Old Feb 25th 2007, 2:09 pm
Just Joined

Jameslangstone is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply - I have not yet been able to access your message as I think my "private message folder" has not yet been activated - as I am new to all this stuff, I have asked the moderator for help.
I am delighted that there all ready 2 responses to this forum as it will be helpful for us all to exchange info. My villa is almost opposite yours so we will be neighbours.
For those who haven't already see it, google reveals that one of our number already has a website:

www.suvinaorchards.com.

cheers

james
Old Feb 25th 2007, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

Hi James,

Read your reply, as soon as I receive your email address I will send you what I have sent to the other two sets of buyers.

Regards

John
Old May 28th 2007, 6:05 pm
Just Joined

Wolfies is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone

We are newish to this site but we are also buying on Suvina Orchrds, we were very pleased with the build when we saw it last year so we should be even more pleased when we see it later this year, hope to meet you all at some point in the future.

Regards - Wolfies
Old May 29th 2007, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Suvina Orchards-benaulim

Hi Wolfies,

Now I know why you said "Neighbour" on the other thread ha ha, just noticed that you posted on this thread. We were there last week and were happy with what we saw, still a great deal of work to be done, wiring, bathroom fittings, kitchens, interior and exterior paint and banister rails plus other bits and pieces still to do but what has been done looks to have been done to a high standard. Hope to meet you later in the year.

Regards

John - in hot and rainy Cochin
Old Aug 18th 2007, 2:25 pm
Just Joined

TOMP is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Suvina Orchards buyers! I am concerned as everyone else is about how to get around the freehold problem; A LTD company may not be the way to accomplish this as was the initial intention from the start, so I think some investigating would be the way forward! I am intending to fly to Goa in November, stay for a couple of weeks, and see what I can do about this unforseen situation. If anyone else is around in Goa at that time of the year, it may be cool to get together, have a couple of beers and look into things like the Freehold problem, furnishings etc, and if we can eventually rent the property, what about keeping the apartment clean etc? I live in Bristol, so if anyone out there wants to meet up and have a chat about the situation, let me know, as I myself am pretty worried about what I am going to do!

Take it steady, Tom Peers
Old Aug 18th 2007, 5:31 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TOMP
Hi Suvina Orchards buyers! I am concerned as everyone else is about how to get around the freehold problem; A LTD company may not be the way to accomplish this as was the initial intention from the start, so I think some investigating would be the way forward! I am intending to fly to Goa in November, stay for a couple of weeks, and see what I can do about this unforseen situation. If anyone else is around in Goa at that time of the year, it may be cool to get together, have a couple of beers and look into things like the Freehold problem, furnishings etc, and if we can eventually rent the property, what about keeping the apartment clean etc? I live in Bristol, so if anyone out there wants to meet up and have a chat about the situation, let me know, as I myself am pretty worried about what I am going to do!

Take it steady, Tom Peers
Hi Tom
Welcome to the site. Yes it is very depressing, but at this moment in time there is no way forward, whatever the Advocates advise, and they are a rum lot, just after our money. We are having a Christmas get together in December, if you are there then we would love you to join us - should be a lively evening, details will be posted on the site by I think Dicky.

Douglas if the man to give you all the finer points, but he has gone AWOL for the moment, think he must have gone away for the weekend. Anyway I am sure he will advise you next week.

Regards Noni
Old Aug 18th 2007, 11:44 pm
Just Joined

flowermoon will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by noni
Hi Tom
Welcome to the site. Yes it is very depressing, but at this moment in time there is no way forward, whatever the Advocates advise, and they are a rum lot, just after our money. We are having a Christmas get together in December, if you are there then we would love you to join us - should be a lively evening, details will be posted on the site by I think Dicky.

Douglas if the man to give you all the finer points, but he has gone AWOL for the moment, think he must have gone away for the weekend. Anyway I am sure he will advise you next week.

Regards Noni
Hi Noni

Douglas will be depressed when he comes back and reads this lot. Cant wait for him to return.

flowermoon x
Old Aug 19th 2007, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

Hi TOMP,

Welcome to the site, I am hoping to get to Goa in the next few weeks to check on progress at Suvina Orchards, unfortunately I will be in UK in November on my 6 monthly trip home, I live and work in Cochin but don't get back to India until Nov 25th. What are you buying at Suvina Orchards ? As you can see from previous posts we are buying Villa No 1.

Regards

John
Old Aug 19th 2007, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by flowermoon
Hi Noni

Douglas will be depressed when he comes back and reads this lot. Cant wait for him to return.

flowermoon x
Hi Flowemoon,

If you read the dates of the posts you will see that they are OLD, except for the later two from TOMP and Noni Noff Noff.

Regards

John
Old Aug 25th 2007, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

TOMP is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: Suvina Orchards-benaulim

Hi everyone! It is very depressing, I am going to try and stay positive and hope that there is a way round it! I was even thinking that maybe I could become a trading company, something small that doesn't necessarily make alot of money, but just so I CAN say I am trading, and so can maybe get my apartment registered under my name. It is so expensive in the UK that people are nigh on forced to buy abroad and actually have a place of their own. I may hold fire on my trip in November and come over Christmas time instead so I can see everyone, I work in the building trade and so have two weeks off anyhow! (Thanks for the invite Noni!) I am buying apartment B7, I have been so looking forward to completion so I can stay in it, but now I am just dissapointed that I dont actually own it, the builders are laughing all the way to the bank! They are way behind too, so I reckon they will be under clause to pay penalties, I will check that out! If you are around Christmas time John I could maybe see you then? And it would be cool if you could let me know how the build is going! One last thing, does anyone know if the law may change in our favour during the 5 year lease? It does seem rather fickle! Cheers eveyone! TOM.
Old Aug 25th 2007, 4:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all

Originally Posted by TOMP
Hi everyone! It is very depressing, I am going to try and stay positive and hope that there is a way round it! I was even thinking that maybe I could become a trading company, something small that doesn't necessarily make alot of money, but just so I CAN say I am trading, and so can maybe get my apartment registered under my name. It is so expensive in the UK that people are nigh on forced to buy abroad and actually have a place of their own. I may hold fire on my trip in November and come over Christmas time instead so I can see everyone, I work in the building trade and so have two weeks off anyhow! (Thanks for the invite Noni!) I am buying apartment B7, I have been so looking forward to completion so I can stay in it, but now I am just dissapointed that I dont actually own it, the builders are laughing all the way to the bank! They are way behind too, so I reckon they will be under clause to pay penalties, I will check that out! If you are around Christmas time John I could maybe see you then? And it would be cool if you could let me know how the build is going! One last thing, does anyone know if the law may change in our favour during the 5 year lease? It does seem rather fickle! Cheers eveyone! TOM.

Hi Tom,

It would be great if you could make the 'meet up' in December.
Please post that your interested in going to the meeting on the 'Ex- Pats Meet up/Christmas Bash 2007' thread so we can get an idea of numbers.

Everyone is invited.........just please let us know of your intentions on the thread mentioned. It will be a good evening and a real opportunity to put faces to names.......dont miss this opportunity if your in Goa in December.
We can all discuss the current debacle and share our experiences over a bite to eat and a drink......and have a damn good laugh

Kind Regards,
Remy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.