Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

Robs New Charity (Founder of Children Walking Tall)

Robs New Charity (Founder of Children Walking Tall)

Old Jul 15th 2013, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

poipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud of
Default Re: Robs New Charity (Founder of Children Walking Tall)

Hi Noni,

Nothing much to tell really... I have spent a good chunk of time (as it's the monsoon) doing a bit of research and adding bits to the website and that's about it. Everything I have done so far is on the website (pretty much), I will be having a few meetings in the next month or so and hope to 'hammer out' a few ideas and ways to move forward. I don't expect to be anything like what CWT was mainly because at the moment I am pretty much doing everything myself, which is fine, although I am not as young as I was when I started CWT and back then I was lucky to have Shermina there to kick me when I was feeling a little lazy.

Oh, I have done a few things, I gave out some umbrellas to children attending school, and I think I did a couple more heath pack distributions (that aren't on the website). For the next few months it's just going to be 'behind the scenes' stuff, planning out, thinking of a name (still haven't chosen 'the one' yet, nothing has inspired me, I like the logo although one of the trustees thinks it's a little dull.. - But I like it. I am off on holiday for a few days next week so that will hopefully give me a nice chance to relax and freshen up . I will always keep the website up to date so do keep checking, I have another couple of sections to finish off shortly, but it might take a few weeks as it still needs more research to put those up.

Anyway, back to your original question... My plans... To go on holiday!

Then do everything else
Old Jul 15th 2013, 11:09 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poipleshadow
Hi Noni,

Nothing much to tell really... I have spent a good chunk of time (as it's the monsoon) doing a bit of research and adding bits to the website and that's about it. Everything I have done so far is on the website (pretty much), I will be having a few meetings in the next month or so and hope to 'hammer out' a few ideas and ways to move forward. I don't expect to be anything like what CWT was mainly because at the moment I am pretty much doing everything myself, which is fine, although I am not as young as I was when I started CWT and back then I was lucky to have Shermina there to kick me when I was feeling a little lazy.

Oh, I have done a few things, I gave out some umbrellas to children attending school, and I think I did a couple more heath pack distributions (that aren't on the website). For the next few months it's just going to be 'behind the scenes' stuff, planning out, thinking of a name (still haven't chosen 'the one' yet, nothing has inspired me, I like the logo although one of the trustees thinks it's a little dull.. - But I like it. I am off on holiday for a few days next week so that will hopefully give me a nice chance to relax and freshen up . I will always keep the website up to date so do keep checking, I have another couple of sections to finish off shortly, but it might take a few weeks as it still needs more research to put those up.

Anyway, back to your original question... My plans... To go on holiday!

Then do everything else
Enjoy a well earned rest.
Old Sep 17th 2013, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

poipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud of

Hi...

Just wanted to let everybody know about the new charity website

www.BeingChildren.org

It's far from finished but has some new stories on it and lots of helpful stuff about Goa...

Thanks
Old Nov 10th 2013, 11:49 pm
Forum Regular

Well, it has been a long time coming (well it seems like it, but... Drum roll please....)

We are now a fully registered charity! Yay! Still lots to do, and lots happening, the latest blog is up. One of the girls from the slum came down with Malaria so have spent the last last in and out of hospital with her.

When I went to see her last night to take her some food she was a LOT better, so if all goes well, she may even get discharged today.

You can see the blog entry here if you're interested....

Malaria In The Slums in Goa

As well as that the website has come on in leaps and bounds, most of the menus have been updated with the latest prices (just 3 left still to do), lots of Goa Information there too...

Enjoy!
Old Nov 11th 2013, 1:49 pm
Vendor

Dan_W9 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations!!!