Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

Renting and business visa

Renting and business visa

Old Mar 6th 2014, 12:18 am
BE Enthusiast

chrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Renting and business visa

Trying to find out if you need a Business Visa to enable you to rent out your apartment. It seems like you should but not sure of the legalilties..anyone know?? Thanks
Old Mar 6th 2014, 6:17 pm
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of
Cool Re: Renting and business visa

Originally Posted by chrisjolly
Trying to find out if you need a Business Visa to enable you to rent out your apartment. It seems like you should but not sure of the legalilties..anyone know?? Thanks
I would say yes you do, you *might* even need to form a company & I would think you would need som form of 'permission' from one or more 'departments' - tourism etc.

Try sending a PM to Veritas1 for possible further information/confirmation.

Regards

H.
Old Mar 10th 2014, 6:24 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Renting and business visa

Originally Posted by hemingway
I would say yes you do, you *might* even need to form a company & I would think you would need som form of 'permission' from one or more 'departments' - tourism etc.

Try sending a PM to Veritas1 for possible further information/confirmation.

Regards

H.
According to ToI last week there are over 70 permits, licences and NOCs needed to run a business in India.
This is why most people don't bother and just pay the hafta when pestered.
Which is of course the whole idea!

But woe betide you if you try that as a foreigner.

Today's Herald reports that a deportation order has been issued against a Russian woman for operating as a tour guide without permission from the Tourism Dept. (no suggestion she didn't have the right visa). It is notorious that the Tourism Dept hasn't been issuing permits to foreigners for the last several years.
Turns out the Tourism Dept has quasi-legal standing and can levy fines as if it were a magistrates' court - sheesh!

AndyD 8-)