Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

Renewing a British Passport in Goa?

Renewing a British Passport in Goa?

Old Jul 25th 2012, 8:31 am
Banned

stevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nice
Default Renewing a British Passport in Goa?

Has anyone on this site, tried to renew a British Passport whilst in Goa (India),
Many Thanks.
Old Jul 25th 2012, 8:41 am
BE Forum Addict

msj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Renewing a British Passport in Goa?

Originally Posted by stevebenaulim
Has anyone on this site, tried to renew a British Passport whilst in Goa (India),
Many Thanks.
A friend of mine did and it was sent up to Delhi. and it actually came back.

Unlike visa extensions that never seem to.
Old Jul 25th 2012, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

Chameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really nice

Many Thanks.
Yep. We did it in 2006 and it only took 3 weeks. Really good service with Panjim making sure that everything was OK before they despatched the application to Delhi. However, everything has changed and I believe that the application now has to go to Hong Kong. Will probably take a bit longer!
Old Jul 25th 2012, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

jcbrum is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Chameleons
Yep. We did it in 2006 and it only took 3 weeks. Really good service with Panjim making sure that everything was OK before they despatched the application to Delhi. However, everything has changed and I believe that the application now has to go to Hong Kong. Will probably take a bit longer!
Since the new system has been put in place whereby passports are sent to Hong Kong, the whole process can take more than 3 months.

John
Old Jul 25th 2012, 3:11 pm
Banned

stevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nice

If a apply in Goa, and im willing to wait for 3 months, my Indian visa will be in my old passport, will this give me problems??
Thanks
Old Jul 25th 2012, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

jcbrum is an unknown quantity at this point

If a apply in Goa, and im willing to wait for 3 months, my Indian visa will be in my old passport, will this give me problems??
Thanks
I wouldn't think so ,just take a photocopy of your visa and photo page of your passport just in case.But i would check with the High Commission the time scale for getting a new passport as it may take longer than 3 months.

John
Old Jul 25th 2012, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

Veritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really nice

How to apply in India - This link from the British High Commission Delhi website might be of help here.

http://ukinhongkong.fco.gov.uk/en/he...to-apply/india

Veri
Old Jul 26th 2012, 4:09 am
Forum Regular

Chameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really nice

Thanks
It didn't cause us any problems at all. Just make sure that you have your old (cancelled) passport with the visa in it along with the new passport. They check the visa in the old one and stamp the new passport.