Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

Priti Patel and the Brexit Campaign

Priti Patel and the Brexit Campaign

Old Jun 20th 2016, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

prestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Priti Patel and the Brexit Campaign

Many people i have talked to have voiced concern over the attitude of the Conservative MP, Priti Patel and her involvement in the Brexit Campaign. Saying how can the daughter of an immigrant from Idis Amins Uganda join a campaign that seeks to limit and even criminalise immigration into the UK. I have heard her called Priti Patchel, because she is a smaller version of her hero Margaret Thatcher. A Hindu fascist and a secret supporter of the BJP and Hindutva because she is a Hang Em and Flog believer who looks at the Muslims with a skewered eye, so-to-speak........The truth is even stranger though.She was parachuted into her constituency by Conservative Central Office as one of Daves Babes, arm candy for the electorate and the Asian vote.Her Constituency, Worthing, didnt want her. They had there eyes on a local person. She had only been in office for 12 months when it was announced that her constituency, Worthing, was being abolished and absorbed into its next door neighbor. It meant she was looking for a safe seat and it did not look like she was going to get one.The knives came out for Cameron and she jumped at Brexit as a way of getting back at the one person who she saw as responsible for her humiliation...Cameron !All can be checked in past issues of Private Eye.The Brexit Campaign is full of opportunist looking to either promote their careers, like Johnson or Grayling who is an anti-social psychopath who hates any shade of brown.
Old Jun 20th 2016, 9:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Priti Patel and the Brexit Campaign

Originally Posted by prestonjohn
Many people i have talked to have voiced concern over the attitude of the Conservative MP, Priti Patel and her involvement in the Brexit Campaign. Saying how can the daughter of an immigrant from Idis Amins Uganda join a campaign that seeks to limit and even criminalise immigration into the UK. I have heard her called Priti Patchel, because she is a smaller version of her hero Margaret Thatcher. A Hindu fascist and a secret supporter of the BJP and Hindutva because she is a Hang Em and Flog believer who looks at the Muslims with a skewered eye, so-to-speak........The truth is even stranger though.She was parachuted into her constituency by Conservative Central Office as one of Daves Babes, arm candy for the electorate and the Asian vote.Her Constituency, Worthing, didnt want her. They had there eyes on a local person. She had only been in office for 12 months when it was announced that her constituency, Worthing, was being abolished and absorbed into its next door neighbor. It meant she was looking for a safe seat and it did not look like she was going to get one.The knives came out for Cameron and she jumped at Brexit as a way of getting back at the one person who she saw as responsible for her humiliation...Cameron !All can be checked in past issues of Private Eye.The Brexit Campaign is full of opportunist looking to either promote their careers, like Johnson or Grayling who is an anti-social psychopath who hates any shade of brown.
PJ. With respect much of your post is rubbish.
But to be specific, Brexit will mean control over borders so that immigrants to the UK will be chosen according to skills. So NON-EU immigrants will be admitted on an EQUAL basis with EU immigrants. It will be more fair for would be non-EU immigrants.
You are just reading the bad elements of the Brexit campaign, Farage etc--there are unpleasant characters on both sides.

Instead of reading 'Private eye' read the Treaty of Lisbon, read the Constitution of the EU, read those of the official Brexit campaign, Lawson, Stuart, Lea etc you will see that immigration is not mentioned.

(Why do you say "secret supporter of the BJP" why should it be secret? Are the Tory party a 'secret society'?)
Old Jun 20th 2016, 9:16 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bipat
PJ. With respect much of your post is rubbish.
But to be specific, Brexit will mean control over borders so that immigrants to the UK will be chosen according to skills.
Will it? I don't think anybody knows that for sure. From everything I've read (not in the newspapers, they're peddling as much rubbish as the politicians!) if we want to remain in the single market and trade with Europe that means being part of the EEA, or EFTA - both of which include signing up to free movement.

So I still have no idea how a leave vote would mean any reduction in immigration? Not that it bothers me personally, I see immigration as a mainly positive thing, but there are plenty that seem to think leaving the EU will magically reduce the numbers, but all the experts are saying that it will make no difference in reality.
Old Jun 20th 2016, 9:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Will it? I don't think anybody knows that for sure. From everything I've read (not in the newspapers, they're peddling as much rubbish as the politicians!) if we want to remain in the single market and trade with Europe that means being part of the EEA, or EFTA - both of which include signing up to free movement.

So I still have no idea how a leave vote would mean any reduction in immigration? Not that it bothers me personally, I see immigration as a mainly positive thing, but there are plenty that seem to think leaving the EU will magically reduce the numbers, but all the experts are saying that it will make no difference in reality.
The problem is the Brexit campaign has been 'high-jacked' by people such as Nigel Farage and those against immigration as such.

Leaving the EU is not about reducing immigration, but it can mean control of borders. Which means a points style system so non-EU immigrants can be admitted on an equal basis. After Brexit of course EU immigrants will continue to come to the UK but there will be controls.

Leaving the EU is about loss of sovereignty and belonging to a non democratic, badly run, expensive trade organisation which is moving towards a 'Federal Europe'.
As I said above read the Treaty of Lisbon which gives the European Court more power. (EU law takes precedence over British law). Read the Constitution.

Read the speech of Lord Lawson the original 'chair' of the leave campaign.
He doesn't mention immigration once.

Lord Lawson's Chatham House speech - The Case for Brexit - Vote Leave
Old Jun 20th 2016, 10:06 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

The problem is the Brexit campaign has been 'high-jacked' by people such as Nigel Farage and those against immigration as such.
Totally agree. Odious man!

Leaving the EU is not about reducing immigration, but it can mean control of borders. Which means a points style system so non-EU immigrants can be admitted on an equal basis. After Brexit of course EU immigrants will continue to come to the UK but there will be controls.
How do you know this though? Everything I've read says that there will still have to be free movement for those in the EU if we're in the EEA or EFTA? Similar to Norway now, who aren't in the EU but are in the EEA and therefore have to allow free movement?

And there's already a points system in place for those outside the EU, so that doesn't need introducing. UK Immigration Points Based Tier System | UK Tier 1 Visas | UK Tier 2 Visas | UK Tier 4 Visas | UK Tier 5 Visas
Old Jun 20th 2016, 10:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Totally agree. Odious man!

How do you know this though? Everything I've read says that there will still have to be free movement for those in the EU if we're in the EEA or EFTA? Similar to Norway now, who aren't in the EU but are in the EEA and therefore have to allow free movement?

And there's already a points system in place for those outside the EU, so that doesn't need introducing. UK Immigration Points Based Tier System | UK Tier 1 Visas | UK Tier 2 Visas | UK Tier 4 Visas | UK Tier 5 Visas
I am aware of the visa system for non-EU immigrants to the UK.
It depends how you define "free movement", regardless of whether or not the UK joins EEA or EFTA there will be controls also on EU workers.

This is one of the points that Priti Patel is making, that it has become more difficult for those non-EU immigrants with needed skills to come to the UK.
Just one example (as this is the India part of the Forum) more Indian chefs are needed to train young British chefs in Indian restaurants, but the strict income rules and numbers reduction make this impossible.
Old Jun 20th 2016, 10:47 am
SUPER MODERATOR

It depends how you define "free movement", regardless of whether or not the UK joins EEA or EFTA there will be controls also on EU workers.
That's interesting, because it's not we're being told in the UK (well, unless it's by dubious folks in the leave campaign that are telling people leaving the EU will magically resolve any immigration issues!!). Where have you read that different controls will be put in place to those required by Norway etc? I just don't see how we could negotiate that.

You seem certain that immigration rules will change if we're still part of the EEA or EFTA, can you please share where you're reading that? Thank you.
Old Jun 20th 2016, 11:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

That's interesting, because it's not we're being told in the UK (well, unless it's by dubious folks in the leave campaign that are telling people leaving the EU will magically resolve any immigration issues!!). Where have you read that different controls will be put in place to those required by Norway etc? I just don't see how we could negotiate that.

You seem certain that immigration rules will change if we're still part of the EEA or EFTA, can you please share where you're reading that? Thank you.
Some points here.

https://www.freemovement.org.uk/impa...k-left-the-eu/
Old Jun 20th 2016, 12:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

prestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond repute

Bipat i am getting quite fed up with your deliberate myopic approach to my threads and being insulted by you calling me an idiot. I never mentioned immigration in my post just that Brexit was being used by certain political persons who have ulterior motives for jumping on the bandwagon, thats all.Also i am getting quite tired of your bias towards India when most people on this forum know you are in fact not even Indian by birth. Why did you bring up the points system that the UK operates as unjust and unfair as opposed to allowing free movement within in the EU ? What in essence your trying to say is that qualified people from India should be allowed to work in the UK because their families are rich and sent their children to university and they speak English so if they so desire they should take precedence against unskilled Rumanians or Polish labourers.This is racism and elitist. Whats the difference between a Polish tradesman and an Indian graduate in IT technology ? At times you are in danger of spouting Hindutva rubbish like the nonsense associated with Aryanism, Brahmanism and all the other isms that people like to cling to.
Old Jun 20th 2016, 1:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat i am getting quite fed up with your deliberate myopic approach to my threads and being insulted by you calling me an idiot. I never mentioned immigration in my post just that Brexit was being used by certain political persons who have ulterior motives for jumping on the bandwagon, thats all.Also i am getting quite tired of your bias towards India when most people on this forum know you are in fact not even Indian by birth. Why did you bring up the points system that the UK operates as unjust and unfair as opposed to allowing free movement within in the EU ? What in essence your trying to say is that qualified people from India should be allowed to work in the UK because their families are rich and sent their children to university and they speak English so if they so desire they should take precedence against unskilled Rumanians or Polish labourers.This is racism and elitist. Whats the difference between a Polish tradesman and an Indian graduate in IT technology ? At times you are in danger of spouting Hindutva rubbish like the nonsense associated with Aryanism, Brahmanism and all the other isms that people like to cling to.

PJ. I didn't call you an "idiot". I said much of what you were saying was "rubbish"--how can you possibly know what Priti Patel thinks from reading Private Eye?

You certainly did mention immigration, I think you need to read your post again.is

"Bias towards India"---this is the India section of the Forum.
No I am not Indian born--but obviously as a member of an Indian family in India, I am naturally equally concerned with its politics,--why not? My children were British born but they are obviously also of Indian origin. Their futures are in both countries.

I did not say non-EU immigrants should have precedence over EU immigrants, just that they should have EQUAL opportunities. That UK employers should have a choice.
(I very much doubt if an Indian graduate in IT technology would be employed in a UK plumbing firm!!)

I don't know what you mean by your last sentence, can you explain.

(As to insults, you have insulted me often enough over the years, why don't you join in TIO you could 'let yourself go' there--!)

Last edited by Bipat; Jun 20th 2016 at 1:55 pm. Reason: Addition
Old Jun 20th 2016, 2:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

I dont need to let myself go anywhere and as somebody who has actually lived in Goa and spent nearly 27 years traveling around Goa and India i think your being a little presumptuous and high minded. Most of your posts have displayed a bias towards India especially regarding immigration policies of the UK. You never mention India's draconian anti-immigration policies and strict visa rules that affect people of European descent, only how unfair it is of the UK to adopt a points system that limits entry to a select few. What would you have a free for all, like whats happening now and what Priti Patel protests is wrong ? I think the strongest bit of historical legacy we left in India after 1947 was racism because its alive and thriving in Modis BJP India and Im quite suprised that a middle class educated person like your self keeps defending the undefendable because of marriage.....apart from Bangladesh, when was the last time India opened its doors to Muslim refugees fleeing for their lives or any other refugees come to that ?India was a quite a peaceful country until some clot opened pandoras box and out flew the Hindutva fairy and what followed, arrogance and intolerance and greed backed by a religious movement which has its origins in National Socialist Germany and look what they did to certain unwanted parts of their population. I hope they dont find gas in Gujarat.........
Old Jun 20th 2016, 3:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I dont need to let myself go anywhere and as somebody who has actually lived in Goa and spent nearly 27 years traveling around Goa and India i think your being a little presumptuous and high minded. Most of your posts have displayed a bias towards India especially regarding immigration policies of the UK. You never mention India's draconian anti-immigration policies and strict visa rules that affect people of European descent, only how unfair it is of the UK to adopt a points system that limits entry to a select few. What would you have a free for all, like whats happening now and what Priti Patel protests is wrong ? I think the strongest bit of historical legacy we left in India after 1947 was racism because its alive and thriving in Modis BJP India and Im quite suprised that a middle class educated person like your self keeps defending the undefendable because of marriage.....apart from Bangladesh, when was the last time India opened its doors to Muslim refugees fleeing for their lives or any other refugees come to that ?India was a quite a peaceful country until some clot opened pandoras box and out flew the Hindutva fairy and what followed, arrogance and intolerance and greed backed by a religious movement which has its origins in National Socialist Germany and look what they did to certain unwanted parts of their population. I hope they dont find gas in Gujarat.........
Of course I mention that every country in the world has control over who enters their country. Why should not the UK be the same.
How many times---I think that the criteria should be the same for EU and non EU. UK already has a points system/visa system but only for no EU citizens. Before joining the EU it was equal system for all.

Why should India not have a strict visa system (it was introduced after the Khalistan uprising in the UK and the assassination of Mrs Gandhi.)
Millions of immigrants from Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Tibet are there.

Priti Patel is promoting EQUALITY for all immigrants not a preference to EU immigrants forced by the EU 'free movement'.

You do not approve of the present Indian Government. It was voted in by an overwhelming majority, so you don't approve of democracy? You would prefer Congress corruption?

The present Government would not have gained power without a sizeable Muslim vote. Gujarat --you keep going back to the riots. Were you there? Do you have more evidence than the Supreme Court?

I am not a 'right-winger' by my personal politics, but the present Indian government are doing far more to promote the economy. Do you want the Indian population to remain poor? Is that it? More picturesque for the tourists?

What religious movement are you on about, 80% of the population are nominally of the Hindu philosophy, --what is the difference between Christian UK, and Hindu India --both statements probably meaningless in the reality of politics.

I am not biased toward India just proud of BOTH my countries, have been part of the second far longer than the first.
Are you biased towards the UK, if yes, is that wrong?
Old Jun 26th 2016, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Click this link to sign the petition "EU Referendum Rules triggering a 2nd EU Referendum"
https://petition.parliament.uk/signa...uD0zRvEZvFdUTW

AndyD 8-)
Old Jun 26th 2016, 10:28 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

As I understand it, the rules governing Norway et als access to the EU market means they have to accept the free movement of LABOUR. I.E no job , no entry. A subtle difference to the UKs full membership which says we had to accept free movement of EU citizens to LIVE or WORK in any EU country. Norway does not seem to be over run by immigrants - illegal or otherwise SFAIAA.
Old Jun 26th 2016, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Have you lived in Norway in January ? I once lived in Sweden for 3 years and the Winters can be hellish and long, especially if you originate from a warmer climate.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.