Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

Positive sides of Goa

Positive sides of Goa

Old Aug 5th 2009, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

dj53 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Positive sides of Goa

I to have sold my small 1 bed appt in Goa Jose1 and I had some bad experiences with lawyers and people trying to rip you off.Like many others on this board. However I havent come back on the forum in this thread moaning and wingeing like a 3 year old that has had his/her dummy taken from them.Furthermore if you are as bright and clever as you make out with your know it all bullying attitude then why did you invest in Goa in the first place?

Youre just another "keyboard warrior" whose brain cells have been diminished by to much sun or kingfisher.

Why dont you save the moderators the bother of banning you for your racist and damming comments by just leaving.
Regards David
Old Aug 5th 2009, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Kan-conned
Well said beatlenut !
jose1 you obviously have a major psychological problem about Goa and India.We do realise India is a 3rd world country and will remain so for a long time but this why some of us were drawn to it in the first place.
( We in the west haven't made Utopia here either) I suggest you move on and concentrate on the Nirvana you are in now for your own mental health sake
Leave us to concentrate on ours !
Thank you and good luck ( Please do not respond to me as I have better things to do )

K-C
Agree with what you say. Being that 'worked up' about anything is bad for your blood pressure. What I really like about Goa is I never need to know what time it is so I never wear a watch.
We arrive on the 29th October and we always visit your bar while we are there.
Old Aug 5th 2009, 11:36 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jose1
Positive sides of Goa? there are many,so many. The property owning Fns there have 30 to 50 years to save up for their legal bills against the Goan govt. so there's a win win situation,no interest free loans needed
This coming season will see those magnificent sunsets being witnessed by one lucky individual(you'll be the only one on the beach),meals in the beach shacks will probably be had for free,the shack owner probably topping himself before the meal is finished at the thought of the good times passed,so if you see a set of swinging legs hurry on out.Taxi's, no wait there,thousands of 'em lined up just waiting for you,the sound of taxi taxi taxi echoing in your ears like a bloody parrot,night and day.
Likewise interactive games with the locals like "spot the white man" can be played out,mind the locals may take it too literally and get the cooking pot out ,so take care.
Your plane ride out will be a pleasure too,you'll be the only one on it,plenty of leg room there,but as no longer than two week stay periods being in order in case the charter airline pulls out mid season(which of course it will ) a flight home in sheer comfort beckons,by Qatar Airways.Of course being the only passenger on the plane ride out may see serious passenger intervention,having second thoughts about coming to Goa and saying bugger this,finding somewhere more attractive and getting the pilot to put down in the middle of the Sahara.
Of course Goa has its positive sides,about the same distance as the Falkland Islands the RAF can practice long distance bombing raids on it,there's a thought deliver passengers(dregs) and bomb the crap out of them and it.
Just a few thoughts on the positive sides of Goa ,I know there are so many many more,one more springs to mind,fuel savings.The cops will be lining up every 5 yards or so checking your driver documents,not that I am suggesting they are after bribes but your wallet will be a lot lighter,thus passing on positive fuel savings.

Jose, why do you post such rubbish ... empty planes, no one on the beaches, bombing the locals, .although people on here have their issues with Goa, your view is clearly not the norm So I am assuming that you are now posting just to wind up the other members on here, as you clearly are. Enough please.
Old Aug 5th 2009, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

kcsbar is on a distinguished road

As the bar isnt open till October. See you in Corrins corner in Calangute. Lots of ex-pats go there.
Old Aug 6th 2009, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

martin_d is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kcsbar
As the bar isnt open till October. See you in Corrins corner in Calangute. Lots of ex-pats go there.
see you then, hope your enjoying sunny edinburgh at the moment. it's my wifes birthday on 1st October so would be great if the bar was open then and a joint celebration could be had
Old Aug 7th 2009, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

Tuvalu is just really niceTuvalu is just really niceTuvalu is just really niceTuvalu is just really niceTuvalu is just really niceTuvalu is just really niceTuvalu is just really niceTuvalu is just really nice

Well Said Remy. Couldnt agree with you more.
Hello is that you Mr C. this is your fisherman friend from Sanjays on the river near the ferry. we are in Sri Lanka at present for new visa.P
Old Aug 7th 2009, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by martin_d
see you then, hope your enjoying sunny edinburgh at the moment. it's my wifes birthday on 1st October so would be great if the bar was open then and a joint celebration could be had
If not open keep in touch and we will meet up
Old Aug 10th 2009, 5:48 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Positive sides -

Sunsets.
Knowing it the sun is going to shine.
Smell of spices.
Meeting up with old friends.
Entertainment in Night Market.
Having Friends come over to stay.
Relaxed way of life
Can't wait to go back.
Old Aug 10th 2009, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

davidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nice

Went to a bar in Calangute last night,called Palm Tree(opposite old petrol pumps). What a lovely atmosphere, mainly due to the antics of the landlord, Mad Max. Great night. Good food and good Dreg company. Try it. Next Sunday I,ll ask the crazy man to ask if any BE members are present,I,d like to meet and have a chat.(Chat, not moan.)
Regards.
Old Aug 10th 2009, 8:23 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by davidhendry
Went to a bar in Calangute last night,called Palm Tree(opposite old petrol pumps). What a lovely atmosphere, mainly due to the antics of the landlord, Mad Max. Great night. Good food and good Dreg company. Try it. Next Sunday I,ll ask the crazy man to ask if any BE members are present,I,d like to meet and have a chat.(Chat, not moan.)
Regards.
Will contact you when we arrive.

Come on everybody 'look on the bright side of life'
We are only on this planet once.
Sort out the property issue and we will all be happy bunnies, other problems you can sort for yourselves.
Old Aug 10th 2009, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by davidhendry
Regards.
We go there quite a lot when our bar is closed and have a good time with mostly ex pats and no moaning at all. great times in the monsoon season.
Old Aug 10th 2009, 12:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

old man will become famous soon enoughold man will become famous soon enough

We go there quite a lot when our bar is closed and have a good time with mostly ex pats and no moaning at all. great times in the monsoon season.
Heard to-day from a friend in Goa - 6 full FN friends have returned to uk.

One of mine has, and two 6 month couples are not returning, another sold!. That is a hell of a lot of people in our circle leaving or not returning
Old Aug 10th 2009, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

Tina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to all

What a shame that people are giving up on Goa. I love it. Dirt and all. Just thinking about my time spent in Goa makes me smile. The people are smiling and happy (mostly). It's some of the Brits that are the problem. Why can't they just go and relax. They seem as though they haven't enough to occupy their minds so they have to stir things up and cause problems for others. They call it their Paradise and yet they still are continually finding fault. Just 'chill' I say.
Old Aug 10th 2009, 3:47 pm
A little honey

Honey Bee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tina1
What a shame that people are giving up on Goa. I love it. Dirt and all. Just thinking about my time spent in Goa makes me smile. The people are smiling and happy (mostly). It's some of the Brits that are the problem. Why can't they just go and relax. They seem as though they haven't enough to occupy their minds so they have to stir things up and cause problems for others. They call it their Paradise and yet they still are continually finding fault. Just 'chill' I say.
Presume Tina you mean the long termers - we have come across some of these types. Just let them be miserable on their own, we have nothing to do with them, don't let them spoil things for you and your friends. 2/3 weekers have too much to do. Goa is to enjoy however long you are there.
Old Aug 10th 2009, 5:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Honey Bee
Presume Tina you mean the long termers - we have come across some of these types. Just let them be miserable on their own, we have nothing to do with them, don't let them spoil things for you and your friends. 2/3 weekers have too much to do. Goa is to enjoy however long you are there.
Hi All,

Well done folks.
don't worry be happy!

Met a friend today who was really cheerful and happy, i asked him what his secret was, ''how come your always happy?''. ''Remy, i learned a long time ago not to take things too seriously, the whatever happens, happens attitude is all it takes''

Maybe he has a point!

Last edited by Remy-Ireland; Aug 10th 2009 at 5:17 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.