Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

Needing advice & info re. current property situation for foreigners in India? -->

Needing advice & info re. current property situation for foreigners in India? -->

Old Nov 21st 2014, 3:05 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Needing advice & info re. current property situation for foreigners in India? -->

Originally Posted by mod snip
<snip as old news & detracts from important issues>
IF ANYONE WANTS ADVICE AND INFORMATION ON THE CURRENT PROPERTY SITUATION FOR FOREIGNERS IN INDIA PLEASE GO TO THE BRITISH HIGH COMMISSION WEBSITE WHERE THERE IS AN E MAIL LINK TO THE GOA PROPERTY WORKING PARTY

This working party are the people who are currently liaising directly with the Enforcement Directorate and other authorities (including the CM)............. and they have negotiated on interpretations of law and range of accepted evidence. Furthermore their input during the last 18 months has led to numerous foreigners being cleared of investigation and declared the lawful owners of their Goan properties.

As for inheritence - the working party has a case recently cleared which sets a precedent that inheritence from foreigner to foreigner is indeed accepted as lawful..... however this would clearly be evaluated on a case by case basis.

This will likely be my final post here........... but I implore any of the members here who own property in Goa to contact the working party via the link on the BHC website........... or come and meet the WP at the next BHC town hall meeting............
Regards

Dread

Last edited by BEVS; Nov 21st 2014 at 4:13 am. Reason: adjust post to reflect new thread
Old Nov 21st 2014, 4:29 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: If you need advice & info re. current property situation for foreigners in India

Thank you so much for thinking to update this on our BE site. Very much appreciated.

I really felt this advice was better suited to a thread of its own, so have moved it accordingly.

As you have stated this is your final post to BE , I have closed the thread as you will not be about to field subsequent posts & that wouldn't be fair to those looking in. However I will sticky the thread for a while to helpas it is very important support for anyone looking in . Hopefully people that need the assistance will find this working party . I shall try to find a link to help.

To all those of you finding yourselves in a bad situation , then BE is a good place where you can vent , cry & find support. As well as share all the good stuff. After all that is what BE is really all about. Helping, caring and sharing between us expats all over the world.

All good wishes to any of you finding yourselves in a wretched situation beyond your control.

BEVS