Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

Losing weight in Goa - without even trying!

Wikiposts

Losing weight in Goa - without even trying!

Old Feb 12th 2010, 5:18 am
Sensible Member

GoanPlaces is a jewel in the roughGoanPlaces is a jewel in the roughGoanPlaces is a jewel in the roughGoanPlaces is a jewel in the rough
Default Losing weight in Goa - without even trying!

Has anyone else experienced 'organic' weight loss while in Goa, losing weight without trying to do so? And No I haven't got dissentry!

I moved here at the end of August last year and already 1.5 stone down on UK weight. I only realised this when I weighed myself today for the first time since coming to Goa. I thought my swimsuit had lost it's elastic, but actually it's my body which has shrunk! Swimsuit still the same size (UK 16) but body now closer to a 12 methinks!

Lovin it!

Julia x
Old Feb 12th 2010, 5:22 am
born to be mild

mazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nice
Default Re: Losing weight in Goa - without even trying!

Tapeworm ?
Old Feb 12th 2010, 5:32 am
Sensible Member

GoanPlaces is a jewel in the roughGoanPlaces is a jewel in the roughGoanPlaces is a jewel in the roughGoanPlaces is a jewel in the rough

I attribute my weight loss to a lack of decent cheese and cider both of which I used to consume in abundance in England! Without these I'm at a loss as to what to snack on and often opt for a tomato covered in salt.

In England I had cheese pasties, quiche, milano salami, chorizo, crab sticks etc. all sitting in my fridge waiting to be eaten. And eaten they would be and washed down with two litres of devon's finest. Now I have no 'convenience foods' in my fridge. Alll I have are ingredients which require some sort of cooking, and cooking I cannot be bothered to do when I want to snack, so out the salt-covered tomato comes!

No I don't have a tapeworm or diahorrea but have lost weight! Yay!

Will need to buy a new swimsuit though!

J x
Old Feb 12th 2010, 5:46 am
born to be mild

mazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nice

I think we all experience a drastic change in life style when we relocate and usually for the better,too much TV and boredom in UK>So enjoy your new look and lifestyle beats being a couch potato and TV addict.
Old Feb 12th 2010, 3:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

poppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to all

My weight lose is all the stress of just living here at the moment, and no decent chocolate !!!!! my friends always bring me over galaxy bars wish i could slowly eat them but never do so pig out until there all gone lovely!!!!: thats the only thing that makes me happy at the moment and the sunshine of course.....
Old Feb 12th 2010, 6:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

emsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant future

Goanplaces - can we come and live with you please - ours is going the other way
Old Feb 12th 2010, 8:15 pm
Account Closed

Goacrazy56 is an unknown quantity at this point

I always lose weight in Goa and I think it attributed to not snacking and and pigging out on crisps and chocolate and all the wrong stuff.
Enjoy your weight lose Julia 1.5 stone is some going well done,You need a shopping trip now to celebrate
GC
Old Feb 13th 2010, 2:25 am
born to be mild

If you miss chocolate enough to pay £25.00 delivery for 3kg you could do this http://www.britishcornershop.co.uk/
Old Feb 13th 2010, 7:44 am
Sensible Member

Originally Posted by emsirrah
Goanplaces - can we come and live with you please - ours is going the other way
If you do you can also come with me for a walk on the beach after dropping the kids off at school each morning! Gets the metabolism moving first thing. Could never do this in England even though I lived closer to the beach there than I do now in Goa due to the crappy weather.

Brisk walk before the sun is hot is amazing.

J x
Old Feb 13th 2010, 7:48 am
Sensible Member

Originally Posted by Goacrazy56
I always lose weight in Goa and I think it attributed to not snacking and and pigging out on crisps and chocolate and all the wrong stuff.
Enjoy your weight lose Julia 1.5 stone is some going well done,You need a shopping trip now to celebrate
GC
I'll have to try that excuse on my hubby when I come home with yet another new pair of sparkly flip-flops! I'm spending less on food therefore - need more for outfits! And as I have lost weight none of my old clothes fit right anymore - bloody perfect excuse if you ask me!

J x
Old Feb 13th 2010, 8:01 am
Account Closed

Goacrazy56 is an unknown quantity at this point

Your learning girl!!
That is just what to say to him
GC
Old Feb 13th 2010, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

poipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud of

GoanPlaces - I guess I better not tell you that you can get good cheese from Ajay's supermarket in Mapusa then... - It comes in round packs with a yellow cow's head logo I think, my favourite by far is Garlic and chilli - YUM. SO much better than any other Indian cheese, not quite as good as UK cheese but good enough! - Problem is I'm eating it now

I wish I lost eight here, I eat at the charity and the food is just SO VERY GOOD, it's hard to loose weight, it's all Saroja's fault (the cook
Old Feb 15th 2010, 5:57 am
Sensible Member

Originally Posted by poipleshadow
GoanPlaces - I guess I better not tell you that you can get good cheese from Ajay's supermarket in Mapusa then... - It comes in round packs with a yellow cow's head logo I think, my favourite by far is Garlic and chilli - YUM. SO much better than any other Indian cheese, not quite as good as UK cheese but good enough! - Problem is I'm eating it now

I wish I lost eight here, I eat at the charity and the food is just SO VERY GOOD, it's hard to loose weight, it's all Saroja's fault (the cook

Noooo! Don't tell me you can get decent cheese in Goa now Still not Davidstowe extra-mature cheddar though I bet! Next thing you will be telling me is that you can get CIDER and not Tempest, which is not made of any apples I know of! I'm going to brew my own cider soon - ordering a truck-load of cider apples from oop north India. Only thing I need is wine yeast! Won't help with the weight loss, but will do wonders for my state of mind

Julia x
Old Feb 15th 2010, 8:15 am
BE Enthusiast

emsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant future

My problem in Goa is that I go for Pilates and Aqua classes when I am at home in Spain and have to walk 2 kms to get there 4 times each week and back,
We have just been in Austraila and had a step counter which told us how far we walked each day = 12 kms along straight clean beaches was not hard - our best day was 31 kms .
Goa is is difficult to do this walking.
We have a bike but try to walk to the market each day via the back lanes.
Old Mar 4th 2010, 12:57 am
Just Joined

chablis is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GoanPlaces
Noooo! Don't tell me you can get decent cheese in Goa now Still not Davidstowe extra-mature cheddar though I bet! Next thing you will be telling me is that you can get CIDER and not Tempest, which is not made of any apples I know of! I'm going to brew my own cider soon - ordering a truck-load of cider apples from oop north India. Only thing I need is wine yeast! Won't help with the weight loss, but will do wonders for my state of mind

Julia x
Erm I have 24 cans of strongbow cider in fridge yummmmmmmy
No, you cant have my address!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.