Initial enquiries

Old May 27th 2017, 7:47 pm
Just Joined

rachel.jackson.1986 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Initial enquiries

I have been looking around the world for somewhere I want to move and think I have settled on Goa. The final checks I want to make before I get over excited is what restrictions there are or criteria I have to meet to move there. Can anyone direct me the best place to find this or does anyone know the info already? Done some googling but not really found a clear list anywhere. Thank you in advance to anyone who can help.
Old May 27th 2017, 8:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Initial enquiries

Originally Posted by rachel.jackson.1986
I have been looking around the world for somewhere I want to move and think I have settled on Goa. The final checks I want to make before I get over excited is what restrictions there are or criteria I have to meet to move there. Can anyone direct me the best place to find this or does anyone know the info already? Done some googling but not really found a clear list anywhere. Thank you in advance to anyone who can help.
Well a few questions. How much time have you spent there? Which area did you have in mind?
I presume you know that at first you will need a visitor visa, which will be for 180 days.
Are you of Indian origin? If yes, the situation may be different.
Old May 27th 2017, 8:34 pm
Just Joined

Done the odd fortnight there and so has my partner and we'd be looking South Goa. We're both English.
Old May 27th 2017, 9:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Done the odd fortnight there and so has my partner and we'd be looking South Goa. We're both English.
Then you know about visas.
The best thing to do is sign up to the Indiamike travel Forum. (More used than this Forum). Where you can ask about initial rentals.

Goa - India Travel Forum | IndiaMike.com
Old May 27th 2017, 11:05 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bipat
Then you know about visas.
The best thing to do is sign up to the Indiamike travel Forum. (More used than this Forum). Where you can ask about initial rentals.

Goa - India Travel Forum | IndiaMike.com
Thank you for the reply. I'd be looking at buying a property outright over there. Just looking for the basics really to see if it's even a possibility to move. Don't want to spend hours looking for info and researching if there is a basic criteria I don't meet. I know if I were to look at Australia there are specific criteria for anyone wishing to move didn't know if it was the same for Goa as can't seem to find anything online
Old May 28th 2017, 5:23 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Thank you for the reply. I'd be looking at buying a property outright over there. Just looking for the basics really to see if it's even a possibility to move. Don't want to spend hours looking for info and researching if there is a basic criteria I don't meet. I know if I were to look at Australia there are specific criteria for anyone wishing to move didn't know if it was the same for Goa as can't seem to find anything online
All this is quite interesting.
Hopefully Bipat will be able to help you with this.
Old May 28th 2017, 6:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

As a foreigner you would need to be resident (I think this means at least a continuous tax year which is not possible on a first visa.) It is not possible to just go there and immediately buy a property.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/how-to-b...perty-in-india

Anyway, areas of Goa are so different you would need to stay some time to decide where you wanted to live. Finding a long-term rental is not difficult.
Old May 28th 2017, 9:46 am
Just Joined

That's great, I appreciate your help.
Old Jan 14th 2018, 5:00 am
Forum Regular

mayrig is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Rachel

Even if you were holding an OCI Card I would tell you DON't buy in Goa. It is a minefield and you will regret it. Put your hard earned money in some other place where there is less corruption. Save your sanity and your money.

If I hadn't been foolish enough to insist on returning to Goa we would today have been relaxing in another country (that my husband had wanted to buy property in). Now we are stuck with all our money invested in a house that they have been refusing to allow us to sell by making allegations that are totally unjustified.

That's just my two pence.