Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

Indian Football during the Weekend anyone? (23rd May)

Indian Football during the Weekend anyone? (23rd May)

Old May 19th 2015, 10:19 am
Just Joined

AGcreative18 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Indian Football during the Weekend anyone? (23rd May)

Hello,

Anyone in Goa during this weekend ( 23-24) & interested in Football?

We are a bunch of travelling fans of BengaluruFC, an Indian football club which plays in the I-League, the Indian version of the LaLiga or EPL. Travelling fans are quite rare in India, and for Football/Soccer, its almost non-existent, as the sport is not popular here in India.

So, this is an invite to anyone who would like to join us on Saturday ( May 23, 2015) to watch our team taken on the Goan side DempoFC. The match is crucial as our team is currently leading the league & is only 2 wins away from being crowned champions. For Dempo, another loss & they are staring at relegation! Hence the game is going to be highly competitive & exciting.

So if your interested, do reply. Cheers!
Old May 20th 2015, 7:36 am
BE Enthusiast

prestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Indian Football during the Weekend anyone? (23rd May)

I would love to be there but unfortunately my team are playing west Brom in the Premier League on the 24th here in the UK.Best of luck though in your up-coming game and PS...we needs points too to qualify for The Champions League next season.n We also have to prepare for the FA CUp Final on the 30th of May.
Old May 20th 2015, 7:37 am
BE Enthusiast

prestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond repute

My team are Arsenal.....
Old May 26th 2015, 11:15 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by prestonjohn
My team are Arsenal.....
Up the Villa! <g> (well, they do sponsor my old school).

AndyD 8-)
Old May 26th 2015, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

jcbrum is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by a_f_d
Up the Villa! <g> (well, they do sponsor my old school).

AndyD 8-)
I used to go to school virtually next door..but come on Arsenal..

John
Old May 27th 2015, 10:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Football now second to cricket in popularity. What happened to hockey?
Years ago I asked a very young football mad nephew if he had heard of someone called David Beckham, I got the appropriate reply and he showed me the posters in his bedroom.
Later on a visit to UK he was 'in heaven' to visit Chelsea ground and got some turf and an anorak (at great expense). Now plays in his city Zone matches.

I used to support Norwich City, but now there doesn't seem to be anyone from Norwich or even Norfolk in the team---probably an old fashioned idea.
Old May 27th 2015, 10:06 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jcbrum
I used to go to school virtually next door.....

John
Ah! the smell of Ansell's Brewery and the HP sauce factory on a damp day.

AndyD 8-)
Old May 27th 2015, 10:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

AndyD 8-)
Norwich City at Carrow Road (Carrerroad in Norfolkese) had a Colman's mustard advert on the roof visible from the air apparently.
Old May 27th 2015, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

AndyD 8-)
Yes that was some aroma...Brew X1 never tasted the same after Ansell's closed.

John
Old May 29th 2015, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Cup Final tomorrow against Villa at 5.10 pm.Will you get it in India ? Maybe Star Sports they usually broadcast off-league games.It will be something of a record for a team to win on successive years but i stand to be corrected. Up the Arsenal....but not literally please.......
Old May 30th 2015, 12:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

leavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the rough

Brew X1 was cr@p if I remember. Down South it was one of those fizz beers, not "proper" beer.
Old May 30th 2015, 12:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

leavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the rough

Fa cup 10pm star sports 4.
Old May 30th 2015, 12:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

There are some matches today in IPL. deciding relegation.
Old May 30th 2015, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by leavinggoa
There are some matches today in IPL. deciding relegation.
Dempo relegated..how the might have fallen.

John
Old May 30th 2015, 4:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Better start digging again and get some do$h in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.