Imports to Goa

Old Nov 3rd 2007, 4:48 pm
Just Joined

David Gardiner is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Imports to Goa

Hi
We have just taken possession of our Acron house in Villa Violetta and want to send some furniture (flat packed) and personal possessions out by air freight. Has anybody else done this and can you offer advice/contacts etc?

Thanks

Dave & Jan Gardiner
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 5:50 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Imports to Goa

Originally Posted by David Gardiner
Hi
We have just taken possession of our Acron house in Villa Violetta and want to send some furniture (flat packed) and personal possessions out by air freight. Has anybody else done this and can you offer advice/contacts etc?

Thanks

Dave & Jan Gardiner
Hi Dave & Jan,
Welcome to the forum, please join us for the Christmas Bash, when we all hope to meet up.

Sorry can't be of any help with your question, as we had all our
furniture made over there. The thing I didn't find as good as at home was bedding - I have bought cheap and expensive out there, but none was as good M & S, Debenhams or Dunelm. So we have taken our own.
Noni
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 6:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all

Originally Posted by noni
Hi Dave & Jan,
Welcome to the forum, please join us for the Christmas Bash, when we all hope to meet up.

furniture made over there. The thing I didn't find as good as at home was bedding - I have bought cheap and expensive out there, but none was as good M & S, Debenhams or Dunelm. So we have taken our own.
Noni

Hi Dave and Jan,
Welcome to the Forum.

I dont know the answer to your question either accept try and put solid furniture into your villa as the high humidity and damp monsoons quickly deplete anything else. Thats what i was told anyway!

Regards,
Remy
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 7:34 pm
Just Joined

David Gardiner is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by noni
Hi Dave & Jan,

Noni
Can you recommend anyone for the carpentry? We did get a quote last time we were out but I thought it was expensive. We are looking to take flat pack as a short term solution until we find or have made what we really want. We are out next on 17th December so keep us informed on the Xmas bash.

Dave & Jan Gardiner
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 7:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all

Can you recommend anyone for the carpentry? We did get a quote last time we were out but I thought it was expensive. We are looking to take flat pack as a short term solution until we find or have made what we really want. We are out next on 17th December so keep us informed on the Xmas bash.

Dave & Jan Gardiner
Hi Dave and Jan,

There are a lot of places about that will hand make your furniture and you need to shop around for the best price as it really depends what you want.

But equally there are furniture places around that sell ready made furniture and i think with a few enquiries you'll get what will do you without paying to send flat pack over to Goa. Air Freight has got very very expensive. I would definately rethink the air freight idea.

Do it in stages....buy a good bed and sofa set and the rest as and when you need it. I have spent 2 1/2 years furnishing my small apartment and have paid it all in stages. It is very good quality, Solid Walnut Handcrafted and it will probably be around long after me.

Equally i know people who furnish with cane furniture very economically and are prepared to re-furnish every few years when it needs it.

Either way i would'nt bother with air-freight and i think if you check out the rates you will agree. Best of luck whatever you decide.

Regards,
Remy
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

Bryson7 will become famous soon enoughBryson7 will become famous soon enough

Hi Dave & Jan,
Have a search on Google India for furniture etc. or Ebay India, certainly get more choice.
Good luck in your new home.
Best Regards
Bryson
Old Nov 15th 2007, 1:28 pm
Just Joined

marting is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Thanks

Dave & Jan Gardiner
Hi Dave & Jan you could try Elegant Interiors any taxi driver will take you there. I got all my furniture and light fittings from them.
Regards Martin Gardiner.
Old Nov 15th 2007, 2:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by marting
Hi Dave & Jan you could try Elegant Interiors any taxi driver will take you there. I got all my furniture and light fittings from them.
Regards Martin Gardiner.

Hi Martin,

Where are Elegant Interiors situated as i need about 6 wall light fittings.

Regards,
Remy
Old Nov 15th 2007, 2:10 pm
Just Joined

marting is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Remy-Ireland
Hi Martin,

Regards,
Remy
Hi Remy i was taken by Blaise at the Fishermans cove. Its on the main motorway to mumbai. Its not that far from Candolim but you know how they take you on the back roads and you can never find it yourself.
I am sure Blaise would give you the info you require if you want his mobile pm me.
Regards Martin.
Old Nov 18th 2007, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

catpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Remy-Ireland
Hi Martin,

Regards,
Remy
Hi Remy, just arrived back in Blighty, left other half having another week's hols.

I think there's a good lighting shop in Panjim but haven't been there or know what it's called. If it's the same Elegant Interiors I think it is, the shop's in Porvorim.
Old Nov 19th 2007, 1:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Calangute,Goa (October -May) Pattaya,Thailand (May-Oct)
enfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really nice

Originally Posted by catpat123
Hi Remy, just arrived back in Blighty, left other half having another week's hols.

I think there's a good lighting shop in Panjim but haven't been there or know what it's called. If it's the same Elegant Interiors I think it is, the shop's in Porvorim.
Hiya,
Elegant Interiors are at Poverim , near O'Coqueiro.
Lighting shops in Panjim I know are Hassans and James ,both close to the Municipal Gardens.Hope this helps.

Mike
Old Nov 19th 2007, 1:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Calangute,Goa (October -May) Pattaya,Thailand (May-Oct)
enfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really nice

Hi

Thanks

Dave & Jan Gardiner
We sent some possessions out here a couple of years ago through DFS Freight
based at Heathrow.Over 500 kg. It worked out at £2 per kg.Came with Air India within a week of being picked up in the UK.Half a day at the Customs shed in Vasco opening 34 assorted boxes and ended up paying £60 to them.

Mike
Old Dec 4th 2007, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

mayrig is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: Imports to Goa

Hello Mike

Would appreciate details of how to contact DFS Freight. Do you know whether they have a web page? I was unable to find one. You mentioned that your personal effects went over with Air India, so I assume you sent it airfreight rather than seafreight. Was wondering how you got it upto Vasco or did Air India do it by air upto Goa?

We may need to send some personal effects in advance of the main container which will go by sea. £2 per kg sounds cheap, but I guess it has probably gone up a lot by now. Can I ask what they charged you Customs on?

Also, we've been living in France for a while and have amassed a cellar full of wine. Does anyone have any experience of having shipped wine to Goa, and the customs duty they would have incurred?

Thanks and regards
Fleur

Originally Posted by enfield951
We sent some possessions out here a couple of years ago through DFS Freight
based at Heathrow.Over 500 kg. It worked out at £2 per kg.Came with Air India within a week of being picked up in the UK.Half a day at the Customs shed in Vasco opening 34 assorted boxes and ended up paying £60 to them.

Mike