Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

Hi staying in Goa 5 1/2 months

Hi staying in Goa 5 1/2 months

Old Dec 16th 2014, 12:10 am
Just Joined

Daerwin8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi staying in Goa 5 1/2 months

Hi yes I know I am away from home for 5 1/2 months and I am enjoying every minute as I always do however I so miss watching some UK TV (Sad) I like to watch Emmerdale but can no longer get any threads - any Idea's??? Sorry to bother you all with such a trivial thing.
Old Dec 18th 2014, 10:47 am
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Hi staying in Goa 5 1/2 months

Originally Posted by Daerwin8
Hi yes I know I am away from home for 5 1/2 months and I am enjoying every minute as I always do however I so miss watching some UK TV (Sad) I like to watch Emmerdale but can no longer get any threads - any Idea's??? Sorry to bother you all with such a trivial thing.
I think some people do watch British tv but I would not know how they do it. Probably online. One friend has her daughter download from catchup tv, copy to disc then send to Goa by post, broadband is so slow in Goa. I just set my 'box' to record the series I want then watch when I get back. Sorry I can not be of more assistance.
Old Dec 18th 2014, 12:12 pm
Just Joined

Daerwin8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Hi staying in Goa 5 1/2 months

Originally Posted by k800mer
I think some people do watch British tv but I would not know how they do it. Probably online. One friend has her daughter download from catchup tv, copy to disc then send to Goa by post, broadband is so slow in Goa. I just set my 'box' to record the series I want then watch when I get back. Sorry I can not be of more assistance.
Thank you for your reply
Old Jan 18th 2015, 3:58 pm
Just Joined

ShiftyJJ is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm a month late on this post I know. You need to download something called a VPN. If you are using a tablet there are different VPN apps. I use one called tunnel bear. It makes it appear as if you are back in the UK so that you can use Iplayer, iTV player etc...

Hope this helps.
Old Feb 22nd 2015, 10:05 pm
Just Joined

cliveofindia is an unknown quantity at this point

Agree with Shifty JJ. You could also purchase an appleTV from amazon or some other electronic online store and then subscribe to a "smart DNS" like unblock-us. After that you will need to subscribe to Netflix UK to enjoy UK and US shows.