GOSSIP AND CHIT CHAT

Old Jun 5th 2016, 2:46 am
Forum Regular

leegrand is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: GOSSIP AND CHIT CHAT

Originally Posted by prestonjohn
It will if the right wing media get hold of the information that there are potentially hundreds of thousands heading towards the UK because they would never live in Portugal thats for sure....I can see families aiming one of their kids towards Europe to keep the option open for them but it seems that the government is hell bent on closing this door to Goans.
correct me if wrong, but did I read that Indian work visas would not be renewed if you didnt earn 35K pounds, there are lots of Goans there earning far less than that.
Old Jun 5th 2016, 6:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leegrand
correct me if wrong, but did I read that Indian work visas would not be renewed if you didnt earn 35K pounds, there are lots of Goans there earning far less than that.
If they are there because of Portuguese passports these rules do not apply. The rule is only for non-EU migrants.
If they came on Indian passports and have not taken British Nationality, or citizenship in another way, then the new earning rules will apply. (Nurses are exempt-)
Old Jun 27th 2016, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

prestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond repute

In the end the Brexiters got nothing...no £350 million a week for the NHS. No immediate removel of immigrants,they are flooding in as i write.Dearer holidays, dearer petrol, dearer food.What did you viote for then ?
Old Jun 27th 2016, 8:16 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

corrected link:
Originally Posted by a_f_d
Click this link to sign the petition "EU Referendum Rules triggering a 2nd EU Referendum"
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/131215

AndyD 8-)
Old Jun 27th 2016, 8:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

In the end the Brexiters got nothing...no £350 million a week for the NHS. No immediate removel of immigrants,they are flooding in as i write.Dearer holidays, dearer petrol, dearer food.What did you viote for then ?
PJ -you are just repeating newspaper 'hype'. It's day three, we haven't left yet!
It will be at least two years before we do. Make a judgement then.
Old Jun 27th 2016, 10:18 am
BE Enthusiast

prestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond repute

Bipat i am quite tired of reading your biased replies on this forum and its time some one told you that its a Goan Forum, not Karnitikan. As for as i know you have never lived in Goa, you just invited your self on this forum.You are one of those strange people who have adopted an identity because for some psychological reason and i am always suspicious of people who hide behind pseudonyms and false personas. Your opinions are very right wing with a strong adopted Hindu Indian bias towards anything that you perceive as being a threat to it....If i post on this forum its not for your benefit at all since i have long grown tired of the repetitious nature of your replies...Do you have anything better to do, if so please indulge yourself but not at my cost.Goodbye.
Old Jun 27th 2016, 1:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat i am quite tired of reading your biased replies on this forum and its time some one told you that its a Goan Forum, not Karnitikan. As for as i know you have never lived in Goa, you just invited your self on this forum.You are one of those strange people who have adopted an identity because for some psychological reason and i am always suspicious of people who hide behind pseudonyms and false personas. Your opinions are very right wing with a strong adopted Hindu Indian bias towards anything that you perceive as being a threat to it....If i post on this forum its not for your benefit at all since i have long grown tired of the repetitious nature of your replies...Do you have anything better to do, if so please indulge yourself but not at my cost.Goodbye.

PJ ---because I disagree with you regarding the referendum I am biased? Millions of people in the UK voted for Brexit? Thats democracy, don't you agree with it.

For your information though I am not sure it is relevant to the UK Referendum !!! OH's ancestors were bunged out of Goa by the Inquisition along with a lot of Christians. The Christians of Karwar are direct descendants of them.
We shop in Goa/bank there.
Visit family temple at least once a year, and yes, I get fed up with going.
We used to have a time share, in Varca but sold it.
We now go to Palolem regularly for dinner, we stay in Cavelossim or Varca for a few days beach holiday, two or three times a year.
Visit a niece and family, visit a great niece there.
We used to regularly go on the old ferry before the bridge was built over the Kali river.

Is that enough to be allowed to post on the Goa Forum

Further I am/was a member of the Liberal Democrat party in UK (forgot to pay my subscription this year. So not exactly right-wing.
Are right wing people banned from Goa Forum though???
Pseudonym??? Is your first name really Preston?

You are correct I should have something better to do, but it is raining!!!

(Forgot the obvious, nowadays we can afford domestic flights, so we land at Dabolim airport--and drive through Goa to get to Karwar it is only 10 miles over the border!!! We used to go by overnight bus from Mumbai which goes on a different route--Looking back --that with babies and children was 'hell' so there is a negative for you!)

Last edited by Bipat; Jun 27th 2016 at 2:19 pm.
Old Jun 28th 2016, 8:15 am
BE Enthusiast

India to introduce a ten year visa for business and tourism.No price given but 60 day period between visits. Its only a proposal though so it might be amended through lobbying by the tourism industry.
Old Aug 2nd 2016, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

For those relaxing in The Monsoon showers of Goa. Yesterday was the 1 st of August and the BBC Weather service announced that along with very cold rain we experienced yesterday, there was a chance of ground frost on hilly areas ! The Great British Summer Washout of 2016 is official.What a rubbish Summer we have had this year.
Old Aug 2nd 2016, 3:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

For those relaxing in The Monsoon showers of Goa. Yesterday was the 1 st of August and the BBC Weather service announced that along with very cold rain we experienced yesterday, there was a chance of ground frost on hilly areas ! The Great British Summer Washout of 2016 is official.What a rubbish Summer we have had this year.
There were three very nice days towards the end of June....

AndyD 8-)

P.S. Just got a spam email suggesting a holiday in Manali - Weather: thunderstorms and rain @ 21C - same as Manchester!

Old Aug 18th 2016, 8:38 am
BE Enthusiast

There is a case heading to The Supreme Court, next week hopefully, sponsored by city financial institutions and individuals concerning the validity of the Brexit Referendum and the legality of it without parliamentary debate and voting on it in Westminster. Its a very serious issue because in the UK we do not have a written constitution, only common law which is set by interpretation of past rights or precedent.Theresa May is attempting to force it through by Spring next year before The Tories again start their internal war fare over the EU and Englands membership.In theory the court can order Ministers to follow their advice or be jailed for contempt ! The more i read about Brexit the more i am concerned it was a Tory ploy to silence the Little Brittaners in their party, which back fired spectacularly. Davids Cameron could go down in history as The Man who Broke the Union by his stupidity and ignorance and elitist arrogant attitude.
Old Aug 18th 2016, 11:34 am
BE Forum Addict

... already sent them a sub for their campaign.

I'm sure that most brexit votes were anti-immigration, but the most likely outcome is that to get entry to the single marketwe continue to pay our contribution, continue to allow free movement, but just don't have any say in Europe.
A total disaster and not even what people wanted!

AndyD 8-)
Old Aug 18th 2016, 1:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

... already sent them a sub for their campaign.

I'm sure that most brexit votes were anti-immigration, but the most likely outcome is that to get entry to the single marketwe continue to pay our contribution, continue to allow free movement, but just don't have any say in Europe.
A total disaster and not even what people wanted!

AndyD 8-)
Andy, Times of India reported on a survey of the UK 'Desi' vote and the proportion of leave/remain was the same as non migrant votes.

It is about UK sovereignty, the Justice system being supreme, equal admission for non-EU and EU migrants.
Have you read the Lisbon Treaty, giving more power to the ECJ.
The Constitution drafted then and really aiming for a Federal Europe. The referendum should really have been held then.

The negotiations have hardly started, far too soon to predict any outcome.
(Nirmala Sitharaman has made positive suggestions about a trade agreement with UK having failed for 9 years to get it with EU).
Old Aug 18th 2016, 9:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lisbon was just a minor amendment to the treaties of Rome and Maastricht - the UK were signatories to both:

The two principal treaties on which the EU is based are the Treaty on European Union (TEU; Maastricht Treaty, effective since 1993) and the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union (TFEU; Treaty of Rome, effective since 1958). These main treaties (plus their attached protocols and declarations) have been altered by amending treaties at least once a decade since they each came into force, the latest being the Treaty of Lisbon which came into force in 2009. Lisbon also made the Charter of Fundamental Rights legally binding, though that is not a treaty per se.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treati...European_Union

I read the Maastricht treaty at the time.

There was a referendum in 1975 as to whether we should remain in the 'new' EEC (as opposed to the 'Common Market'), there was an overwhelming yes vote.
'Ever closer union' has been the aim since the original Treaty of Rome - successive governments of both hues have signed up to it (Ted Heath took us into Europe (Treaty of Rome), John Major signed Maastricht; though Euro-sceptic Tories like to blame Labour for some reason).

AndyD 8-)

Last edited by a_f_d; Aug 18th 2016 at 9:42 pm.
Old Aug 19th 2016, 9:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Lisbon was just a minor amendment to the treaties of Rome and Maastricht - the UK were signatories to both:

The two principal treaties on which the EU is based are the Treaty on European Union (TEU; Maastricht Treaty, effective since 1993) and the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union (TFEU; Treaty of Rome, effective since 1958). These main treaties (plus their attached protocols and declarations) have been altered by amending treaties at least once a decade since they each came into force, the latest being the Treaty of Lisbon which came into force in 2009. Lisbon also made the Charter of Fundamental Rights legally binding, though that is not a treaty per se.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treati...European_Union

I read the Maastricht treaty at the time.

There was a referendum in 1975 as to whether we should remain in the 'new' EEC (as opposed to the 'Common Market'), there was an overwhelming yes vote.
'Ever closer union' has been the aim since the original Treaty of Rome - successive governments of both hues have signed up to it (Ted Heath took us into Europe (Treaty of Rome), John Major signed Maastricht; though Euro-sceptic Tories like to blame Labour for some reason).

AndyD 8-)
The 'remain' vote in 1975 was 40 years ago. There has been a 'creeping' federalism since then.

I think it was Tony Blairs personal ambition which caused suspicion of Labour.

Tony Blair and Europe: what's he up to? | Politics | The Guardian

The EU Constitution

The Lisbon Treaty

We will have to disagree, I think the Lisbon Treaty with increased powers of ECJ was the last straw.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.