GOSSIP AND CHIT CHAT

Old May 5th 2016, 8:26 am
BE Enthusiast

prestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: GOSSIP AND CHIT CHAT

The topography of Candolim in historical terms is very interesting in relation to natural springs and areas of religious significance, especially if you follow the nullas that flow towards the sea. Ximer has a double row of Banyan Trees that start on the other side of the road near Bobbs Inn and end at the Spring at the base of the Porvorim Plateau.
Old May 5th 2016, 8:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wheatsheaf
You have 28 years Candolim links. There are others with documented in Latin script 500 year and then add in Sanskrit another 500 year documented actual (non fictional) ancestral links who would never have assaulted the nature spirits of Candolim/Calangute in the sure knowledge that at some time there is payback.
Unfortunately much of Sanskrit writings, libraries etc. were destroyed by the Portuguese. The original temples also destroyed, but as you know later on rebuilt.
Some history is saved in the passed down memories and writings of those who fled the inquisition, both Hindus and Christians.
Old May 5th 2016, 9:40 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by prestonjohn
we will be looking for a apartment to rent in the Ximer St. Anthonys area ( Our Lady of the Intersection ) of Calingute/Candolin from January7/8th 2016 for at least 8 weeks. we were looking at guests houses but my wife wants a apartment so she can cook and have more privacy than a guest house where you have a landlord on your door step daily.Any ideas gratefully received.We are both elderly in our 60s and we both have experience of Goa going back over 30 years.
The only Place I know of that has them and I am sure there are more is the Donna Alcina. Many of these rooms are semi furnished and pretty spartan at best, or they were!!

Not sure if they will let them for such a short term period, then again they may
Old May 6th 2016, 7:44 am
BE Enthusiast

prestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Mike will look into it via my sister who is unofficial trade catalogue for Calingute......waiting for election results here in London hope Sadiq ( Genhis Khan ) gets in nas Tories have made a mess of London under Bovin Boris Johnson
Old May 17th 2016, 7:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Montsarette case gets murkier and murkier by the day. I have wondered from day one if this is just a get back from the police in Panjim for the march he led against police brutality and political meddling, which i think he is still on Indian endless bail ? Will follow with interest
Old May 17th 2016, 4:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Montsarette case gets murkier and murkier by the day. I have wondered from day one if this is just a get back from the police in Panjim for the march he led against police brutality and political meddling, which i think he is still on Indian endless bail ? Will follow with interest
Have not really followed the case, just seen some reports on NDTV.
However, where would he have got the reported 50 lakhs from, to buy the 16 year old girl?? and why?
He could have got any number of prostitutes for just a few rupees if he was that sort of man!!!
Old May 18th 2016, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Its a lot on money in any ones language. £50,000 pounds ! You can buy a Nepalese village for that amount.
Old May 26th 2016, 7:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Has it started raining yet ?
Old May 26th 2016, 8:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Has it started raining yet ?
Rained in Karwar one night last week, heavy enough to bring down some mangoes, but nothing since.
Usually June 6th start but prediction later this year.
Old May 27th 2016, 7:39 am
BE Enthusiast

A friend was in Delhi 3 days ago and he said to me the temperature was in the late 40s when it rained bringing people out on the streets. Within hours though it was worse with humidity and dust closing everything down. was glad when he arrived at Heathrow because t was only 11C and cold.Said it was fantastic.
Old May 27th 2016, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

jcbrum is an unknown quantity at this point

A friend was in Delhi 3 days ago and he said to me the temperature was in the late 40s when it rained bringing people out on the streets. Within hours though it was worse with humidity and dust closing everything down. was glad when he arrived at Heathrow because t was only 11C and cold.Said it was fantastic.

This is our 10th year here in Goa and this month is the hottest I can remember. Definitely going back to the Uk next May.

John
Old May 27th 2016, 10:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jcbrum
This is our 10th year here in Goa and this month is the hottest I can remember. Definitely going back to the Uk next May.
John
Only stayed until mid-April and that was very hot this year.

AndyD 8-)₹
Old Jun 1st 2016, 7:48 am
BE Enthusiast

If what i have read today in Goan Voice is true then Brexit supporters have just been given a big helping hand in their campaign to leave the EU. According to constitutional experts the 400,000 Goans who have registered citizenship in Portugal are ineligible for Indian Citizenship and that dual nationality is illegal according to the Indian constitution. The ramifications are horrible because if they are stripped of citizenship they cannot legally own land, vote, obtain medical care or social security and their passports will be cancelled !They will in effect be non-persons living illegally in Goa.From my own personal perspective this would suit the Hindu majority in Goa quite nicely because it is the Goan Catholics who are the biggest landowners in the state historically. Although a minority now they are still the biggest industrialists and landowners and Hindus see them as beneficiaries of colonialism and want to right what they see as rewards for cooperation with the Portuguese administration. Its a right kettle of fish if you ask me.The solution obviously is to renounce but i cannot see Delhi doing this because to tell you the truth there is a lot of truth on the Hindu side that land grabs were allowed by the Portuguese against Hindu Goans for hundreds of years.
Old Jun 1st 2016, 8:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

If what i have read today in Goan Voice is true then Brexit supporters have just been given a big helping hand in their campaign to leave the EU. According to constitutional experts the 400,000 Goans who have registered citizenship in Portugal are ineligible for Indian Citizenship and that dual nationality is illegal according to the Indian constitution. The ramifications are horrible because if they are stripped of citizenship they cannot legally own land, vote, obtain medical care or social security and their passports will be cancelled !They will in effect be non-persons living illegally in Goa.From my own personal perspective this would suit the Hindu majority in Goa quite nicely because it is the Goan Catholics who are the biggest landowners in the state historically. Although a minority now they are still the biggest industrialists and landowners and Hindus see them as beneficiaries of colonialism and want to right what they see as rewards for cooperation with the Portuguese administration. Its a right kettle of fish if you ask me.The solution obviously is to renounce but i cannot see Delhi doing this because to tell you the truth there is a lot of truth on the Hindu side that land grabs were allowed by the Portuguese against Hindu Goans for hundreds of years.
Surely all they have to do is renounce the Portuguese citizenship. Or if they want to keep it they could get OCI? Which gives all rights except voting and buying agricultural land--they can inherit any land.
It is a legal matter rather than religious. It has been an anomaly that they have dual citizenship. Also any Government is more concerned with present day votes rather than history.
Yes it could affect those who have ambitions to come to Europe via Portugal.
I don't think it will matter to Brexit.
Old Jun 3rd 2016, 10:30 am
BE Enthusiast

It will if the right wing media get hold of the information that there are potentially hundreds of thousands heading towards the UK because they would never live in Portugal thats for sure....I can see families aiming one of their kids towards Europe to keep the option open for them but it seems that the government is hell bent on closing this door to Goans.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.