GOSSIP AND CHIT CHAT

Old May 22nd 2009, 8:46 am
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: GOSSIP AND CHIT CHAT

Originally Posted by sha123
If I insult anybody I will DELETE myself. I have limited knowledge, only been to Goa once.
Ooooh Sharon! That sounds a bit drastic?
If you feel you must, then delete the post, but not yourself please.

I actually feel you have a lot to offer the forum having only been to Zimbabwe-on-Sea the once. Your view of the place is uncorrupted(sic) by the fact that you have not been going for many many years and do not remember the place as it was before the rot set in.
Most of us cannot help comparing the present conditions with the "goodold days"
Old May 22nd 2009, 9:16 am
Just Joined

sha123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by johnny five
Ooooh Sharon! That sounds a bit drastic?
If you feel you must, then delete the post, but not yourself please.

I actually feel you have a lot to offer the forum having only been to Zimbabwe-on-Sea the once. Your view of the place is uncorrupted(sic) by the fact that you have not been going for many many years and do not remember the place as it was before the rot set in.
Most of us cannot help comparing the present conditions with the "goodold days"
Hello J5
I will delete my user account, all my posts will remain. I loved Goa, I have a list of places and restaurants to visit next time we go. We would have holidayed their in Dec 08 if my passport with visa would have been returned to me. I received another ladies passport in my pre paid envelope.
I am nervous to re post my passport in Oct 2009, incase it gets lost/delayed again. Was considering a visa surgery again. We had a good experience at a visa surgery in early 2008.
Members post very good advice, I feel guilty reading sometimes. I cannot add to these recommendations as I'm an inexperienced traveller to Goa. Hope this sounds ok.
Kind Regards Sharon
Old May 22nd 2009, 12:12 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sha123
Hello J5
I will delete my user account, all my posts will remain. I loved Goa, I have a list of places and restaurants to visit next time we go. We would have holidayed their in Dec 08 if my passport with visa would have been returned to me. I received another ladies passport in my pre paid envelope.
I am nervous to re post my passport in Oct 2009, incase it gets lost/delayed again. Was considering a visa surgery again. We had a good experience at a visa surgery in early 2008.
Members post very good advice, I feel guilty reading sometimes. I cannot add to these recommendations as I'm an inexperienced traveller to Goa. Hope this sounds ok.
Kind Regards Sharon
Hi Shah,
Please do not delete your user account. Just join in, some people on board have never been to Goa. You can tell us your favourite resturants, where you like days out etc. and if anybody argues, tell them to cut it out.
Stay with us. Noni
Old May 22nd 2009, 8:36 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by noni
Hi Shah,
Please do not delete your user account. Just join in, some people on board have never been to Goa. You can tell us your favourite resturants, where you like days out etc. and if anybody argues, tell them to cut it out.
Stay with us. Noni
Hi all,

Hope all will be well over the weekend, am going camping
weather should be 70 by sunday have full winter gear.
Mitzy will be looking after you all! Behave.
Noni
Old May 22nd 2009, 9:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

emsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant future

Enjoy your weekend - not doing anything much except going for a couple of hours round M and S and Matilan.

Just watching ITV2 American Idol - Rod - I cant sing - Stewart - what a load of crap he is - how on earth did he con the UK he could sing. He just said "thank you kindly" and I am sure he meant it.

Went in Tesco and the 3 wines for £10 have finished but Asda have a good offer on - stocked up today!!
Old May 22nd 2009, 9:55 pm
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by emsirrah
Just watching ITV2 American Idol - Rod - I cant sing - Stewart - what a load of crap he is - how on earth did he con the UK he could sing. He just said "thank you kindly" and I am sure he meant it. Went in Tesco and the 3 wines for £10 have finished but Asda have a good offer on - stocked up today!!
I cannot abide those cringe making reality TV/(lack of) talent shows - in fairness to Rod, he could sing - but about 30 years ago with the likes of Maggie May & You wear it well - 30 years of tall long legged blonds must have taken their toll on old Rodders!

Cheap beer in Tesco, only Carling but good for 'swamping' on warm sunny days - 24 x 440ml cans for £10 - that's 18.5 pints, works out at £0.54 per pint - tastes the same as the pub, served chilled in a head keeper glass & it's a damn site less than the boozer price of £2.25 + you can enjoy it sat in the sun in your own garden! Guess what I'm doing tomorrow. . . . . .

Regards

Hemingway
Old May 22nd 2009, 10:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

emsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant future

Well - got American Idol winner wrong
I love music of any kind, as old as I am but his voice is awful, very weak - he looks like Enrique but does not have the voice.
Hoped the "eyeliner boy" would win but I think he is more saleable than the winner.
Old May 22nd 2009, 10:05 pm
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

it's a damn site less than the boozer price of £2.25 +
Wow, its cheap oop North, innit?
You'd be lucky to get it for £3.25 down Sarf.

Still not complaining, it all helps keep me off the booze.....
Exactly six months today!

Where do Northeners do their on-line buying?
E-bay gum!

Oh and by the way, got a ONE YEAR visa for the wife today, she goes back next Thursday, I've got another month in civilisation............Whahayyyyy
Old May 22nd 2009, 10:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

This is not an out and out advert for anybody who lives in Nottingham.

Noni - not making money - just wanting everybody to know about it.

There is a theatre production called MOD CROP which is about all us old timers (there are at least 4 of us on here) who were in our teenage years in the 60's in Nottingham, Newark and Skegness - we are all getting pensioners discount when we go to see it

It is on at Nottingham Royal Centre from 9th to 13th June and you can get your photo taken with Stings Vespa which was in Quadrophenia - if you saw the film can you remember the silver scooter he drove with a very big G.S. on the front - his name in real life is Gordon Sumner.
So if you are in Nottingham in June this is the thing to watch - if it has a good response here it will go on tour.
Old May 22nd 2009, 10:53 pm
Banned

Still not complaining, it all helps keep me off the booze.....
Exactly six months today!
Can I clarify?
Someone kindly PM'd me to say they were happy that I am winning my battle with alcoholism!

Very thoughtful of them.

Didn't have a problem though, just decided to stop drinking completely for a while.

Don't buy Carters Royal Soda water though (from Booker C&C), its cr*p and tastes nearly as bad as Goan lager rubbish. Had to fight my way through 12 litres of the stuff as OH bought it for me but just drank the last of it. On to Tesco's sparkling spring water now.............yumeeee!

Hic. Innit?
Old May 23rd 2009, 5:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Return of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant future

Oh and by the way, got a ONE YEAR visa for the wife today, she goes back next Thursday, I've got another month in civilisation............Whahayyyyy[/QUOTE]

Many Congrats J5 !( about the visa,not the wife going back)
Did you go for the year visa and get it straight off ?

"you can enjoy it sat in the sun in your own garden! Guess what I'm doing tomorrow". . . . . .Quote from Hemingway

We don't REALLY want to know !
Old May 23rd 2009, 6:35 am
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Kan-conned
"you can enjoy it sat in the sun in your own garden! Guess what I'm doing tomorrow". . . . . .Quote from Hemingway

We don't REALLY want to know !

K-C,

Ha ha ha - posting at 06:40am, dry night for you was it pal???

Oh & don't worry - I'll not be sharing my planned weekend recreational activities with you all!

Regards

Hemingway

P.S. - Well done on the visa J5 - I guess it has the 180 day maximum stay restriction?
Old May 23rd 2009, 6:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Return of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=hemingway;7597142]K-C,

Ha ha ha - posting at 06:40am, dry night for you was it pal???

Oh & don't worry - I'll not be sharing my planned weekend recreational activities with you all!

No it wasn't dry ( how can you be so silly) I decided I needed a dump so stayed up ! (probably T.M.I for a Saturday morning)

Peace & love, Peace & love

K-C (_*_)
Old May 23rd 2009, 8:03 am
Banned

Hemingway

P.S. - Well done on the visa J5 - I guess it has the 180 day maximum stay restriction?
Hemingway, you'll be in trouble! That's a.f.d.'s question that he ALWAYS asks.

KC, yes applied for 1 year multiple entry and got it, hope to get the same for me next month. Did take the precaution of getting new passports though, as ours were full of indian visas only and had just a year to run.

So at the end it will have cost us £370 just to keep indian officialdom happy?

I wish there a lot more Cowboys....................
Old May 23rd 2009, 8:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Talking of Cowboys (&Indians)

Has anyone seen Vazelines Vaz's :curse: defence of his £80k expenses over 4 years in the Leicester Mercury via the Goan voice ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.