GOSSIP AND CHIT CHAT

Old Oct 29th 2016, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

prestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: GOSSIP AND CHIT CHAT

After being bribed by Theresa May by guaranteeing the price tariff kickbacks to Nissan
Old Oct 29th 2016, 12:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Return of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by prestonjohn
After being bribed by Theresa May by guaranteeing the price tariff kickbacks to Nissan
Probably similar to all past, present and future trade deals ?

Our own beloved member of the Royal Family "Air Miles Andy" a prime tool
Old Feb 9th 2017, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

prestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond repute

Government defeated on allowing EU citizens to remain in the UK after Brexit by large majority in The Commons last night means that a large majority of Goans here on Portuguese Passports have a shaky future here.It also means that persons living in the EU on UK passports are also in danger. For me personally it illustrates the under lying racism that promoted the leave vote. I get sick and fed up of hearing that it was getting powers back to Westminster. We need to govern ourselves not un elected officials in Bruxelles....What a load of old rubbish it was racism pure & simple.Farage is an old racist he used to sell British Bulldog at his school. Dulwich College in the 70s/80s. Its little England trying to reclaim a past which has long gone, thank God.
Old Feb 11th 2017, 3:22 pm
Just Joined

Seasalter is an unknown quantity at this point

What a sad person you seem to be.
A majority of good and decent people voted in a democratic referendum to free the U.K. from the shackles of a corrupt regime that has outlived its usefulness.
A number of our MPs especially those from Northern England are so far from their constituents ideas of modern living.
All I say the Remain lot lost, learn to live it.
Old Feb 12th 2017, 9:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Who rattled your cage Mr. Little Britain from Nether Wallop or some other suburban dump. For your information only 34 % of the electorate voted for leave so how is that democratic and the will of the people ? Back Door Dave Cameron will go down in history as one of the biggest idiots to enter Westminster and it was by the back door courtesy of the Libdems. If he had inserted a clause, thats used throughout the continent, that a referendum to be legal 50% of the electorate must vote for it to be valid, not 34 %....Go back to your picture post cards of Scarborough in the 50s and dream on you sad little man.
Old Feb 12th 2017, 10:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Who rattled your cage Mr. Little Britain from Nether Wallop or some other suburban dump. For your information only 34 % of the electorate voted for leave so how is that democratic and the will of the people ? Back Door Dave Cameron will go down in history as one of the biggest idiots to enter Westminster and it was by the back door courtesy of the Libdems. If he had inserted a clause, thats used throughout the continent, that a referendum to be legal 50% of the electorate must vote for it to be valid, not 34 %....Go back to your picture post cards of Scarborough in the 50s and dream on you sad little man.
It is a majority of those that take the trouble to vote, just as it is for a General Election. Because it was not the result you wanted doesn't make it undemocratic. Few Governments had 50% of the electorate vote.

If voting had been compulsory why would the result have been different?
Old Feb 13th 2017, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

It was not a General Election Bipat, it was a referendum and the rules that apply should have demanded 50% of the electorate needed to make it legal and binding, not 34 %. Anyway i did not mention in my post that i was against the result.If you look i only mentioned the precarious state of Persons holding foreign passports living in the UK. My wife is German and we have been married and living together for over 10 years. We have no children....We have been advised to apply for Residency by other people we know who are in a similar position to us.The Residency booklet and form is 95 pages long and it costs £65 plus postage.....David Cameron, despite his blokey image and purported support of the EU is a well known euro-sceptic within the Tory Party.You can make your own mind up whether it was deliberately done but the issue of EU continuation was tearing The Conservatives apart. Brexit and Corbyns uselessness has regenerated them.....
Old Feb 14th 2017, 12:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

It was not a General Election Bipat, it was a referendum and the rules that apply should have demanded 50% of the electorate needed to make it legal and binding, not 34 %. Anyway i did not mention in my post that i was against the result.If you look i only mentioned the precarious state of Persons holding foreign passports living in the UK. My wife is German and we have been married and living together for over 10 years. We have no children....We have been advised to apply for Residency by other people we know who are in a similar position to us.The Residency booklet and form is 95 pages long and it costs £65 plus postage.....David Cameron, despite his blokey image and purported support of the EU is a well known euro-sceptic within the Tory Party.You can make your own mind up whether it was deliberately done but the issue of EU continuation was tearing The Conservatives apart. Brexit and Corbyns uselessness has regenerated them.....
PJ--there is a lot of 'posturing' about EU citizens settled in UK and vice versa.
I would have thought that there will be reciprocal arrangements.
In the meantime as you say money to be made by the Residency applications. (Just like India/UK reciprocal visa system!)

Realistically long term EU nationals are not going to be deported from UK anyway--just imagine the outcry, the protests, the marches!
Old Jun 6th 2017, 2:28 am
Forum Regular

leegrand is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone,
In yesterdays Goan Voice was an article informing people that have Indian bank accounts that you must show Aadhaar, Pan to your bank by 31.12.17
or, the account will be froze.
Does this mean every one for any country, or just Indians.
Thank you.
Old Jun 6th 2017, 6:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Return of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by leegrand
Hi Everyone,
In yesterdays Goan Voice was an article informing people that have Indian bank accounts that you must show Aadhaar, Pan to your bank by 31.12.17
Thank you.
Yes I read I read this and thought the same, I have a B.O.B account which has been opened and used for many years, so I am going to email B.O.B
Old Dec 10th 2017, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Very heavy snow today in London.It rained most of the night and around 7.30 this morning it started to snow ! Its now 10.30 and its still coming down......Lots of football matches will be cancelled and Birmingham airport is closed probably Heathrow too now.Dangerous conditions on the roads as there has been gritting at all...
Old Dec 10th 2017, 11:00 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by leegrand
Hi Everyone,
Thank you.
ditto for mobile phones....
long discussion on IM -
basically the latest version of the rules says that you don't have to do it if you are not eligible to get Aadhaar (i.e. in India for >182 days in the 12 months before you apply for Aadhaar).
It isn't clear how the phone co.s will know. It may be different for banks cos' if you're not resident in India you're not entitled to a resident bank a/c.. Non-resident (NRO/NRE) accounts will presumably not have this requirement!

AndyD 8-)

Last edited by a_f_d; Dec 10th 2017 at 11:04 am.
Old Dec 11th 2017, 6:01 am
Forum Regular

jcbrum is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by a_f_d
ditto for mobile phones....
long discussion on IM -
basically the latest version of the rules says that you don't have to do it if you are not eligible to get Aadhaar (i.e. in India for >182 days in the 12 months before you apply for Aadhaar).
It isn't clear how the phone co.s will know. It may be different for banks cos' if you're not resident in India you're not entitled to a resident bank a/c.. Non-resident (NRO/NRE) accounts will presumably not have this requirement!

AndyD 8-)

NRO accounts are now being closed by the banks if they have been operational for more than 6 months. Our ICICI account was frozen earlier this year after having it for 11 years.HDFC are also in the process of doing the same.

John
Old Dec 11th 2017, 3:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jcbrum
NRO accounts are now being closed by the banks if they have been operational for more than 6 months. Our ICICI account was frozen earlier this year after having it for 11 years.HDFC are also in the process of doing the same.

John
Yes, I've commented on this many times over the last few years. It all started as some sort of misunderstanding, but then potential loss of face took over and it's now pretty much set in stone (for Tourists only) - despite the fact that RBI's own rules don't support it - see Q3, Q5 here

AndyD 8-)₹
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 2:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

My friend and i will be travelling through Mumbai international airport in late January on either Air India or If nothing else is available, Jet Airways! Do you still have to change terminals for domestic flights.Its been 4 years since i used the place and then you had to get the coach to the other side !We have a 2 hour slot from landing to take off on Jet but 4 hours on India.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.