GOSSIP AND CHIT CHAT

Old Mar 20th 2016, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

prestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: GOSSIP AND CHIT CHAT

He wanted to bring in Means Testing for wealthier pensioners in relation to Bus Passes, free prescriptions and other perks.His resignation has nothing to do with the budget but alot to with Brexit.The Tories are tearing themselves apart.
Old Apr 28th 2016, 8:54 am
BE Enthusiast

prestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond repute

we will be looking for a apartment to rent in the Ximer St. Anthonys area ( Our Lady of the Intersection ) of Calingute/Candolin from January7/8th 2016 for at least 8 weeks. we were looking at guests houses but my wife wants a apartment so she can cook and have more privacy than a guest house where you have a landlord on your door step daily.Any ideas gratefully received.We are both elderly in our 60s and we both have experience of Goa going back over 30 years.
Old Apr 28th 2016, 9:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by prestonjohn
we will be looking for a apartment to rent in the Ximer St. Anthonys area ( Our Lady of the Intersection ) of Calingute/Candolin from January7/8th 2016 for at least 8 weeks. we were looking at guests houses but my wife wants a apartment so she can cook and have more privacy than a guest house where you have a landlord on your door step daily.Any ideas gratefully received.We are both elderly in our 60s and we both have experience of Goa going back over 30 years.
PJ--You constantly complain about North Goa, why do you not stay in the south?
60s elderly????

Anyway join in the forum again the India section is in decline!
Old Apr 28th 2016, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

danbushell is an unknown quantity at this point

it would be worth asking on the Meet and Greet in Goe-The alternative to TA Facebook page as the majority of people on that site tend to holiday in Candolim and Calungute-expect some extortionate prices though-always better to book somewhere for a couple of nights and have a look around when you are there.
Old Apr 29th 2016, 12:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

wheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud of

Do you mean 2017 ? There may be a 2 bed house in Candolim rather than a flat?
Old Apr 30th 2016, 8:44 am
BE Enthusiast

yes its 2017, January around the 7th to 10th to be precise.Has anybody given thought to what will happen if the UK leave the EU in relation to visa fees ? At the moment there is a slight discrepancy between the UK and other countries in the EU. My wife is a German national and she pays less than me by about £30.I hope the situation around Mister Good Times Kingfisher doesn't blow out of proportion as India has demanded his deportation from the UK and cancelled his parliamentary diplomatic passport.He is an MP in the Lokh saba but i think he has a Portuguese Passport in his back pocket .
Old Apr 30th 2016, 4:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

yes its 2017, January around the 7th to 10th to be precise.Has anybody given thought to what will happen if the UK leave the EU in relation to visa fees ? At the moment there is a slight discrepancy between the UK and other countries in the EU. My wife is a German national and she pays less than me by about £30.I hope the situation around Mister Good Times Kingfisher doesn't blow out of proportion as India has demanded his deportation from the UK and cancelled his parliamentary diplomatic passport.He is an MP in the Lokh saba but i think he has a Portuguese Passport in his back pocket .

You still haven't said why you are going to North Goa when you dislike it so much. The South is so much nicer.

I can't see that leaving the EU or not will have an influence on Visa fees, unless--if Brexit and increased trade between India and UK, UK reduces its fees--the fees tend to be reciprocal.

Mr Mallya's passport has been revoked. He was in the upper house Rajya Sabha so will be expelled. (Not an MP).

How could he possibly have a Portuguese passport, his father was a Goud Saraswat from Bantal, Karnataka.

Last edited by Bipat; Apr 30th 2016 at 4:49 pm.
Old Apr 30th 2016, 5:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

wheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bipat
You still haven't said why you are going to North Goa when you dislike it so much. The South is so much nicer.

I can't see that leaving the EU or not will have an influence on Visa fees, unless--if Brexit and increased trade between India and UK, UK reduces its fees--the fees tend to be reciprocal.

Mr Mallya's passport has been revoked. He was in the upper house Rajya Sabha so will be expelled. (Not an MP).

How could he possibly have a Portuguese passport, his father was a Goud Saraswat from Bantal, Karnataka.
Yes! It would be highly unusual for him to have a Portuguese passport without a "Goan" personal history.
Old May 1st 2016, 8:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Then if his passport has been revoked/cancelled how is he staying in the UK ? His children might have UK passports but he certainly hasnt. The reason i pick the North over going South is that i have lots of friends who live in Candolim, along with my sister, who lives in Calingute.
Old May 1st 2016, 9:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Then if his passport has been revoked/cancelled how is he staying in the UK ? His children might have UK passports but he certainly hasnt. The reason i pick the North over going South is that i have lots of friends who live in Candolim, along with my sister, who lives in Calingute.
He has lived/had an address in UK for many years. After a certain length of time foreigners can apply for UK residency. (I don't know the specific rules-other posters can reply).
Regards deportation we will see, I don't think he can claim it will be against his 'Human Rights'!
Old May 3rd 2016, 3:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Bipat
He has lived/had an address in UK for many years. After a certain length of time foreigners can apply for UK residency. (I don't know the specific rules-other posters can reply).
Regards deportation we will see, I don't think he can claim it will be against his 'Human Rights'!
Actually I was wrong I thought he had been expelled from the Rajya Sabha, but he resigned (to save his dignity????), however on NDTV just now---his resignation has not been accepted and the expulsion will go ahead.
Old May 4th 2016, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

I do not have any sympathy for this man as he fiddled his employees out of their tax contributions and failed to pay their wages.I also watched a TV news item where he was saying Kingfisher Villa was his ancestral home. I have stayed in the Candolim area for nearly 28 years and i remember what was on this piece of land then and it was certainly not his ancestral home unless it was a couple of fishermans shanties he was mentioning.A thoroughly disgusting person who robbed wage earners of their earned money to pay for fabulous jet set life style. When i was in Calcutta dodging human land mines ( turds) on The Maiden we came across his football club there.Nice to have a football club and a Formula 1 racing team to play with. He will fit in nicely with the Phillip Greens of this world in Monaco..........ar**hole
Old May 4th 2016, 12:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I do not have any sympathy for this man as he fiddled his employees out of their tax contributions and failed to pay their wages.I also watched a TV news item where he was saying Kingfisher Villa was his ancestral home. I have stayed in the Candolim area for nearly 28 years and i remember what was on this piece of land then and it was certainly not his ancestral home unless it was a couple of fishermans shanties he was mentioning.A thoroughly disgusting person who robbed wage earners of their earned money to pay for fabulous jet set life style. When i was in Calcutta dodging human land mines ( turds) on The Maiden we came across his football club there.Nice to have a football club and a Formula 1 racing team to play with. He will fit in nicely with the Phillip Greens of this world in Monaco..........ar**hole
For once I agree with you!
His airline staff lost 6 months of pay, one former employee committed suicide as he couldn't support his family.
(As I pointed out his ancestral home is Bantal, Karnataka)
Old May 4th 2016, 3:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Theresa May should boot him out as an undesirable person but the reality is that he is probably having high tea with the Chipping Norton set.
Old May 4th 2016, 6:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

You have 28 years Candolim links. There are others with documented in Latin script 500 year and then add in Sanskrit another 500 year documented actual (non fictional) ancestral links who would never have assaulted the nature spirits of Candolim/Calangute in the sure knowledge that at some time there is payback.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.