GOSSIP AND CHIT CHAT

Old Jul 4th 2013, 5:44 pm
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of
Talking Re: GOSSIP AND CHIT CHAT

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
Well as you asked so nicely .......

- My Goan and Indian friends and every minute I spend with them.
- My British and European friends who live there full or part time and every minute spend with them.
- My OH who is Goan..... and his family
- A little orphanage/slum school that friends and I in the UK raise money to sponsor - where I sometimes go and help kids with maths science and English.
- Great photographic opportunities
- Great scenery
- The food
- Certain favourite bars and restaurants
- The weather
- The beaches
- Amazing sunsets almost every day
- Palm trees
- Certain beach shacks where I go and chill
- The pace of life
- More time to read books
- The improved effects on my health
- The cost of living
- Riding a scooter without a helmet on the crazy roads (more thrilling than a rollercoaster)
- Some of the architecture such as intricate carvings and temples
- Staying in beach tents in Agonda
- Kingfisher lager
- Cheese dosa's.......
- Noni when she is 'on form' (usually after a few pecs of her tipple of the day!!)
- Babu1 for interesting conversations at my OH's bar...

And probably a whole host of other things that I will remember later - but I'm sure you will agree it is a longer list than the things I don't like.....which I may point out add up to anti social behaviour, corruption and injustice....and those are things I dislike anywhere in the world !!

Dread - x
Excellent list Dread & at least 15 that are on your list figure highly on my "likes" list.

I've no desire for time to pass any faster than it already does but roll on the back end of this year & another short trip to Goa for me & my OH.

H.
Old Jul 4th 2013, 6:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: GOSSIP AND CHIT CHAT

I received a text today on my Indian phone, the phone is usually switched off except for the time when, every four weeks I send a text to someone to keep it live but I had it on as my son is working in Kerela at present and we have been keeping in touch using our Indian phones. The text did not say who it was from, just a number, but it said I needed to top up my service or I would loose it. There is only my phone and my Tata sky that I have subscriptions so I asked my son to put some money on my phone as I can do the sky top up on line. He couldn't but sent me a web address www.worldremit.com and said that he used it to top up his Indian phone. I had a go with just 100 rupees to try it out and it was very easy although the rate of exchange was dreadful, and I had a text from Idea to say the phone has been topped up within 5 minutes.
I used my visa card which has the added security of the verified by visa system. I left Goa in April and topped my phone up before I left as usual but presumably there is a new system in place where you need to top it up every so often to keep it live. From now on each time I switch it on to send a text I will go on line and top it up with 100 rupees. I have had the number for about 10 years so I do not want to loose it.
Old Jul 4th 2013, 6:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hemingway
Excellent list Dread & at least 15 that are on your list figure highly on my "likes" list.

I've no desire for time to pass any faster than it already does but roll on the back end of this year & another short trip to Goa for me & my OH.

H.
Yes, have spent the entire afternoon on computer coordinating with rels. our trip starting early October (should have my hair back by then). Will be in Karwar for Diwali.
Dread's great list twice mentioned an OH????? Is it marriage wonderful news or 'host', disappointment. Wonder which it is?
Old Jul 4th 2013, 6:27 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bipat
Yes, have spent the entire afternoon on computer coordinating with rels. our trip starting early October (should have my hair back by then). Will be in Karwar for Diwali.
Dread's great list twice mentioned an OH????? Is it marriage wonderful news or 'host', disappointment. Wonder which it is?

N.O.Y.B for sure !!!!!

Dread - x
Old Jul 4th 2013, 6:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

N.O.Y.B for sure !!!!!

Dread - x
No, but why mention it on a public forum then? Oh dear, just when I thought the usual aggression might cease.

Never mind, still looking forward to our trip.
Old Jul 4th 2013, 6:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold

No, but why mention it on a public forum then? Oh dear, just when I thought the usual aggression might cease.

Never mind, still looking forward to our trip.
I hope you enjoy your trip, personal questions are a bit like making personal comments and should be kept for pm's so I will not ask you anything personal but say that if your comment about your hair in an earlier post relates to a serious illness I hope you are recovering and wish you well.
Old Jul 4th 2013, 6:51 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bipat;
To quote your post no 1896 where you state :

But nobody I have ever met among adult middleclass Indian people would spit/urinate in the street, go about in public in a vest, scratch themseves while leering at women, and the other things described. The very thought is actually quite amusing.
Spend time living elsewhere in India and you will find such behaviour in public is not the "norm".

Now you state this :

Last edited by Bipat : Today at 3:12 pm.10784624

As for behaviour Hindu priests are by definition of Brahmin descent, and I have certainly come across some priests who exhibit 'low class' behaviour, plenty of spitting, weeing and vests , probably not leering

So one minute you have NOT encountered such conduct when you want to prove your point...next minute you have encountered this conduct..........

.....out of curiosity which is it???

Dread - x
Old Jul 4th 2013, 6:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by k800mer
I hope you enjoy your trip, personal questions are a bit like making personal comments and should be kept for pm's so I will not ask you anything personal but say that if your comment about your hair in an earlier post relates to a serious illness I hope you are recovering and wish you well.
Thank you so much K800, finished my treatment 6 months of awfulness but v.hopeful for complete cure. Hair a small price to pay, but now have an inch and also eyebrows so am very upbeat and can laugh about it!!
Old Jul 4th 2013, 6:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

So one minute you have NOT encountered such conduct when you want to prove your point...next minute you have encountered this conduct..........

.....out of curiosity which is it???

Dread - x
Have never said I have not encountered any particular conduct. Just "most" Indians are not this or that. They are differing people just like any other nationality.

(Also, I was discussing social class, Andy turned it into "caste", somewhat different.)

Last edited by Bipat; Jul 4th 2013 at 7:26 pm.
Old Jul 4th 2013, 7:26 pm

Have never said I have not encountered any particular conduct. Just "most" Indians are not this or that. They are differing people just like any other nationality.
Errrrrr me thinks you should read your post no 1896 before you make this claim !

Dread - x
Old Jul 4th 2013, 7:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Errrrrr me thinks you should read your post no 1896 before you make this claim !

Dread - x
Just edited my above post to indicate that the discussion had been apparently 'muddied' by Andy in introducing 'caste'. My post 1896 was indicating that people of a particular 'social status' do not spit, wee or wear vests in the street!!!!

(Although the story went round ??true of the politician who wet himself in the queue for the loo, on a flight).
Old Jul 4th 2013, 8:27 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Just edited my above post to indicate that the discussion had been apparently 'muddied' by Andy in introducing 'caste'. My post 1896 was indicating that people of a particular 'social status' do not spit, wee or wear vests in the street!!!!

(Although the story went round ??true of the politician who wet himself in the queue for the loo, on a flight).
Ah! Bless you can't blame Andy for mudding the discussion, any more than the politician who wet himself - more loo's on flights I say.
Old Jul 6th 2013, 2:47 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Not been on the Just looked we have 74 Guests this afternoon on Goa BE - surely this is wrong. !!
Old Jul 6th 2013, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by noni
Not been on the Just looked we have 74 Guests this afternoon on Goa BE - surely this is wrong. !!
Crikey if that figure is correct there are a heck of a lot of peepers out there !

Dread - x
Old Jul 6th 2013, 5:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

msj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by noni
So either the heat in england is making BE members there think of Goa......or the weather is so wet here in Goa that peepers have nothing else to do.....NO power her for 2 days on the trot.....comes back overnight.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.