Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

Arriving scheduled leaving by charter - URGENT REPLY

Arriving scheduled leaving by charter - URGENT REPLY

Old Dec 22nd 2018, 2:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Return of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant future
Default Arriving scheduled leaving by charter - URGENT REPLY

Urgent Help required PLEASE
We have friends over who booked their son due to come out for a week on a Gatwick TUi flight arriving tomorrow, due to Gatwick backlog they have re booked him on a 2 week return Heathrow Jet air flight, but want him to leave on the original return Tui flight 30th December. We told them to their horror last night that this was never possible, but we are unaware if this silly rule still applies. Can anyone give 100% guarantee reply on the current situation please?
Thanks
RofS
Old Dec 27th 2018, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

mayrig is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Arriving scheduled leaving by charter - URGENT REPLY

Originally Posted by Return of Santan
Urgent Help required PLEASE
We have friends over who booked their son due to come out for a week on a Gatwick TUi flight arriving tomorrow, due to Gatwick backlog they have re booked him on a 2 week return Heathrow Jet air flight, but want him to leave on the original return Tui flight 30th December. We told them to their horror last night that this was never possible, but we are unaware if this silly rule still applies. Can anyone give 100% guarantee reply on the current situation please?
Thanks
RofS
Would suggest you try calling all below. Between them you should get an answer :

1. British Nationals Assistance Office - is located near Marriott Hotel - they may or may not know the answer, but worth a try. Contact details here : https://www.gov.uk/world/organisatio...nce-office-goa

2. Call the Airport and try to speak to Airport or Duty Manager for International departures.

3. Call both the airlines involved... they really ought to know the answer!
Old Dec 27th 2018, 2:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Return of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant future

Thanks Mayrig, always a difficult one to get over and through Indian bureauCRAZY!
I tried to ring FRRO in Panjim, no answer
I ALWAYS say look in Hindi dictionarary for the word LOGIC - it doesn't exist....🤪
Happy New Year
Old Dec 28th 2018, 9:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Mayrig, always a difficult one to get over and through Indian bureauCRAZY!
I ALWAYS say look in Hindi dictionarary for the word LOGIC - it doesn't exist....������
Happy New Year
Not sure why you would ring the FRRO? (Why Hindi in the south?!)

It really depends on Tui as to whether the return part of the booking can still be used, so they should be asked, and what is the guarantee given for its use.
(Don't personally know anything about them).

Have always found Jet Airline reservations (when phoning) very helpful. The return part of the ticket is separately priced but there is a cancellation penalty. Was £100 may be more now.
Old Dec 30th 2018, 2:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks BiPat
They decided not to gamble and adult son has gone back via Jet and they with the Tui flight

Happy New Year✌
Old Jan 10th 2019, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

mayrig is an unknown quantity at this point

I ALWAYS say look in Hindi dictionarary for the word LOGIC - it doesn't exist....🤪
Happy New Year
LOL... now I know why they drive the way they do!!
Not sure why you tried to ring the FRRO? Doubt that they would know the answer. Anyway, it looks like they've now left. Hopefully someone will have the definitive answer, for the benefit of anyone else who faces the same issue.
Didn't see your message till just now. For some reason the BE emails keep going into Spam even though I've white-listed it several times.
Hapoy New Year to you too.