Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

Good Resturants this Season

Wikiposts

Good Resturants this Season

Old Dec 15th 2009, 3:55 am
A little honey

Honey Bee is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Good Resturants this Season

Which Resturants do you rate this Season.

Ours are.

Titus - Roma Pizza - Beach Road, Candolim
Rising Waves - near Candolim Market.
Bistro - by Whispering Palms Candolim
21 Coco Nut - Beach Road.
Patricks - opposite Mango Grove - fish chips mushypeas only 150
Floyds - opposite Sanjay's jewellers, Candolim.
Riverside - Nerul
Ah Goa - just past Nerul
Old Dec 15th 2009, 10:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Good Resturants this Season

Originally Posted by Honey Bee
Which Resturants do you rate this Season.

Ours are.

Titus - Roma Pizza - Beach Road, Candolim
Rising Waves - near Candolim Market.
Bistro - by Whispering Palms Candolim
21 Coco Nut - Beach Road.
Patricks - opposite Mango Grove - fish chips mushypeas only 150
Floyds - opposite Sanjay's jewellers, Candolim.
Riverside - Nerul
Ah Goa - just past Nerul
if that's the same Roma Pizza we tried then they're 'aving a laugh! -
Rs. 180/- for a Kingfisher!!!
The pizzas were tasty but expensive and the service was sooo slooow!

AndyD 8-)#
Old Dec 16th 2009, 3:54 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by a_f_d
if that's the same Roma Pizza we tried then they're 'aving a laugh! -
Rs. 180/- for a Kingfisher!!!
The pizzas were tasty but expensive and the service was sooo slooow!

AndyD 8-)#
No you have the wrong place, we have been to this one on Beach Road, next to Sea Breeze.
Kingfisher 70 -75 rups. Excellent service.

I would add Tony's Place to the list.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 1:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

poppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to all

Some new restaurants:: Fire and Ice CSM road Steak with chicken livers to die for and a vegetable platter yummy!!!
Lazydays also CSM road which moved from the bottom of the road Fish and Chips and mushy peas yummy!!!!
Rasa in arpora
Old Dec 16th 2009, 7:42 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poppetjay
Some new restaurants:: Fire and Ice CSM road Steak with chicken livers to die for and a vegetable platter yummy!!!
Lazydays also CSM road which moved from the bottom of the road Fish and Chips and mushy peas yummy!!!!
Rasa in arpora
Hi PJ
Only thing with CSM Road - when you're in these restaurents, are you far enough from that bar place opposite the jewellers shops not to hear the wailing Karaoke or bad singers every night?
Good food can be ruined by bad noise !!

Dread - tuning in
x
Old Dec 17th 2009, 2:18 am
Forum Regular

steveandpauline is an unknown quantity at this point

only restaurant i can honestly recomend would be pentagon next to majorda hotel in the south. excellent menu
Old Dec 17th 2009, 3:45 am
Forum Regular

jcbrum is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by steveandpauline
only restaurant i can honestly recomend would be pentagon next to majorda hotel in the south. excellent menu
Try the Shangrali further up the road from the Pentagon excellent Thai food.

John
Old Dec 17th 2009, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

steveandpauline is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jcbrum
Try the Shangrali further up the road from the Pentagon excellent Thai food.

John
thank you i will try. its the one that taxi drivers use aint it. keep passing it on way to pentagon but cant get wife in to try.
Old Dec 18th 2009, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

D4ve M is a jewel in the roughD4ve M is a jewel in the roughD4ve M is a jewel in the roughD4ve M is a jewel in the rough

Rasa in arpora
Hi PJ..Whereabouts is Rasa please? Don't know that one.

All Spice in Arpora is consistently good for Indian food. Not sure I should say that though - don't want it any busier than it usually is. (Although it was quieter this year in November than other years!)
Old Dec 18th 2009, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

GermanFool is a splendid one to beholdGermanFool is a splendid one to beholdGermanFool is a splendid one to beholdGermanFool is a splendid one to beholdGermanFool is a splendid one to beholdGermanFool is a splendid one to beholdGermanFool is a splendid one to beholdGermanFool is a splendid one to beholdGermanFool is a splendid one to beholdGermanFool is a splendid one to beholdGermanFool is a splendid one to behold

Hi everyone!

FWIW, here's a list of my all-time favourites, not sure if they're all still around:
  • Soumyen's Kitchen, right between Candolim and Calangute, for steaks and other international stuff, bit pricey but worth every paisa
  • Thalassa, Vagator (Ozran Beach Rd.), nice Greek food and BBQ, superb setting
  • Ruchira (Top Floor of Satyaheera Hotel, Mapusa) for Tandoori and Curries
  • Hospedaria Venite, Panaji, for Goan Portuguese, superb seafood
  • La Plage, Mandrem Beach, french, expensive, but nice
These were the first to come to my mind, so I'll leave it at that for now.

Cheers
Steph
Old Dec 18th 2009, 1:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

poppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to all

To my knowledge there is no bars with karaoke up the CSM road, theres KC's and Bernards, fire and ice and lazdays dont have any live music.
dont worry i wouldnt be there either!!!! if there was...
Rasa is just up from Mojos going towards baga
Old Dec 18th 2009, 2:41 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

To my knowledge there is no bars with karaoke up the CSM road, theres KC's and Bernards, fire and ice and lazdays dont have any live music.
dont worry i wouldnt be there either!!!! if there was...
Rasa is just up from Mojos going towards baga

Hi PJ
There was a bar just in CSM Road, where it was either Karaoke, a horrendously bad singer, or cruelty to an animal going on !! Glad to hear that the horrible wailing is no longer, so based on your reassurance I shall venture down to those places you mention when I get to Goa. Thanks for the update and suggestion - always on the lookout for good food.
Do you know if Kindmans on Baga Road is open this season?

Dread - wail free zone !
x
Old Dec 28th 2009, 5:34 pm
wen
Forum Regular

wen will become famous soon enoughwen will become famous soon enough

Roys Chinese and Thai Candolim. between Top Nosh and Stone House. Really nice food and very reasonable. Beers 40, Romanov 30, 60 ml shot Been open 2 months
Old Dec 28th 2009, 8:12 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wen
Roys Chinese and Thai Candolim. between Top Nosh and Stone House. Really nice food and very reasonable. Beers 40, Romanov 30, 60 ml shot Been open 2 months
Sounds a good 'noffi place!
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

Mzee will become famous soon enough

Martins in Betalbatim in the South - excellent food but you will have to reserve in advance - very clean and reasonably priced

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.