GOA - Buyer Beware!

Old May 24th 2008, 3:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

poppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to all
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Hi noni
well may as well go down fighting with or without a paddle, as you said my friend has more to lose, and while the kids are away can get down and get dirty so to speak, first port of call sub registrar first thing monday morning, watch this space cant wait!!!!
Old May 25th 2008, 9:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all

Originally Posted by poppetjay
Hi noni
well may as well go down fighting with or without a paddle, as you said my friend has more to lose, and while the kids are away can get down and get dirty so to speak, first port of call sub registrar first thing monday morning, watch this space cant wait!!!!
Hi Poppetjay,

I have to say I really admire your determination, you go girl!
Old May 25th 2008, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

poppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to all

thanks remy its the eastender in me fighting, just a question folks: how many of you in Goa have successfully downloaded or been able to hear the show, 3 of us now have tried with Realplayer/ even itunes and the message we get once downloaded is error, is BB trying to tell us something or it the systems!!!!!!
Old May 25th 2008, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

catpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nice

Are you able to hear any other BBC radio stations via the internet? I tried it and it seems to work but I'm in the UK. Could it be that good old Indian broadband is creaking like the rest of their infrastructure?

Here's the link I used http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/mainf...ouandyours_fri
Old May 28th 2008, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

MapsaMapsa is an unknown quantity at this point

From Goan Voice UK 28 May:

Goa land purchase: DoE serves show-cause notices to foreigners

28 May: MSN News. Excerpts: The Directorate of Enforcement has served show-cause notices to foreigners who have purchased properties in Goa allegedly in violation of FEMA. The notices has asked why their properties should not be confiscated to the Central government … All the respondents have to appear in person or through legal practitioner at DoEs Mumbai office … Responses are required within 30 days … The Goa government had found 298 cases of violations … Legal experts, however, feels that these property purchases do not violate FEMA. 532 words.

Go to Goan Voice UK for the link to the full text.
Old May 28th 2008, 4:17 pm
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MapsaMapsa
From Goan Voice UK 28 May:

Goa land purchase: DoE serves show-cause notices to foreigners

28 May: MSN News. Excerpts: The Directorate of Enforcement has served show-cause notices to foreigners who have purchased properties in Goa allegedly in violation of FEMA. The notices has asked why their properties should not be confiscated to the Central government … All the respondents have to appear in person or through legal practitioner at DoEs Mumbai office … Responses are required within 30 days … The Goa government had found 298 cases of violations … Legal experts, however, feels that these property purchases do not violate FEMA. 532 words.

Go to Goan Voice UK for the link to the full text.
Here's a link to the full text of the article which I have not copied & pasted here due to copywright. Was Vikram Varna not Fiona Mackeowen's advocate/lawyer?

http://news.in.msn.com/national/arti...mentid=1421775

Hamingway.

Last edited by hemingway; May 28th 2008 at 4:22 pm. Reason: link missed off initial post!
Old May 28th 2008, 4:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Return of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant future

Hi Hemingway,

Yes you are right Vikram Varna/ or Varma !

Perhaps those involved may want to try and contact him ?

K-C
Old May 28th 2008, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

More is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hemingway
Here's a link to the full text of the article which I have not copied & pasted here due to copywright. Was Vikram Varna not Fiona Mackeowen's advocate/lawyer?

http://news.in.msn.com/national/arti...mentid=1421775

Hamingway.
Isnt this old news?
Old May 28th 2008, 6:09 pm
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by More
Isnt this old news?
Not as I know - the article is dated 28/05/08 - the copywright is 2008 & as far as I'm aware the FNs that had letters from the D of E received them sometime ago & heard nothing since - this looks to me like it could be a sign of things moving on tho the next stage? :curse::curse:

Douglas, Andy - does it appear that way to you also?

Hemingway.
Old May 29th 2008, 8:03 am
A little honey

Honey Bee is an unknown quantity at this point

Not as I know - the article is dated 28/05/08 - the copywright is 2008 & as far as I'm aware the FNs that had letters from the D of E received them sometime ago & heard nothing since - this looks to me like it could be a sign of things moving on tho the next stage? :curse::curse:

Hemingway.
to-day in http://www.goanvoice.org.uk
article "Foreigners can't settle in Goa."

also in the Herald to day 12 Foreigners violated Fema to buy land.

Last edited by Honey Bee; May 29th 2008 at 8:09 am.
Old May 29th 2008, 3:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Hemingway.
Hi, I'm back in UK at the moment so I'm a bit out of touch - Navhind has the same article today, it's a bit confusing as to whether they are talking about the letters / interviews that we already know about or new ones, and if new whether it's the same people being interviewed again or new people.
Once again they seem to be hammering on about the 'business route' and ignoring the FEMA residency angle.
I expect more details will emerge eventually.
btw does anyone know whether the 'old' letters were in fact Show Cause Notices?

AndyD 8-(#
Old May 29th 2008, 6:17 pm
I love apathy!

Can't see any copywright on this so here goes, interesting:

‘No final order on foreigners’ land’

Panaji: The Enforcement Directorate has served notices to foreigners who have purchased land in Goa. Additional collector (North) Swapnil Naik said the Enforcement Directorate has served some notices through the collector’s office while others have been sent directly asking foreigners to appear for hearings. The matters have been going on and no final orders have been passed, Naik said.
A prominent Goan lawyer representing some foreigners confirmed that Enforcement Directorate officials have come from Mumbai to record the statements of the foreigners.
“The ED is only verifying whether the properties were bought in accordance with the law; whether their affidavit declarations were correct and whether the money was routed through the official banking channels.
“The Enforcement Directorate officials have not prosecuted anyone yet,” the lawyer said.

Hemingway.
Old May 30th 2008, 7:04 am
Banned

Saliwooo is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.oheraldo.in/pagedetails.asp?nid=4739&cid=26
Old May 30th 2008, 7:06 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Can't see any copywright on this so here goes...
where was that from?

AndyD 8-)#
Old May 30th 2008, 7:10 am
BE Forum Addict

hahaHaHaHaHAHAHAHA!

AndyD 8-)#

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.