GOA - Buyer Beware!

Old May 17th 2008, 6:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Return of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

there are 183 signatures now
well done kan con for getting some of us up and fighting keep it up!!!
i have also signed the petition and wrote to my local mp and lord malloch brown (or whatever his name is) but got no replies
sorry for the ramble so angry at the latest news:curse:[/QUOTE]

Hi MyWay,

Thanks for your support

As I previously mentioned AWARENESS and ATTENTION to our situation is the main focus, if the "Do nothing" brigade have their way we may as well abandon "our" properties now and shut down this thread !:curse:

A simple question for all to muse over; MAHATMA GHANDI had not have gone
"walkabout" would the UK still rule India?

Cheers

K-C
Old May 17th 2008, 7:10 am
Just Joined

fionams is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

I came close to buying 3 years ago- indeed I ended up losing my deposit. Luckily for me, I contacted an Indian lawyer who told me the truth. I had already become alarmed with my own investigations. I actually moderate a Goa forum and have frequently contacted members who have said they were buying. I have posted on our own( small) expats forum and have been frustrated by the fact that most thought that it would all be ok in the end.I have also pmd members with a link to here. I am furious when I still see property ads for Goa and glossy magazine articles about investing in Goa.
For many people, finding this site probably came too late but I just hope that it has saved some from heartbreak.
Old May 17th 2008, 8:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Douglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by fionams
I came close to buying 3 years ago- indeed I ended up losing my deposit. Luckily for me, I contacted an Indian lawyer who told me the truth. I had already become alarmed with my own investigations. I actually moderate a Goa forum and have frequently contacted members who have said they were buying. I have posted on our own( small) expats forum and have been frustrated by the fact that most thought that it would all be ok in the end.I have also pmd members with a link to here. I am furious when I still see property ads for Goa and glossy magazine articles about investing in Goa.
For many people, finding this site probably came too late but I just hope that it has saved some from heartbreak.
Hi fionams and welcome to the site.

Frustration, tell me about it, no wonder the bed wetting has increased recently.

regards
douglas
Old May 17th 2008, 8:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Douglas M
Hi Remy,

As i understand it, the transfer takes place when individuals/corporations with legal capacity identify the property, sign the sales deed and pay the consideration.

The 1908 registration act states that such instruments must be registered within four months of signing and the relevant fees and stamp duty paid.

The enquiring bodies appear to be focusing on the day of registration of the sales deed.

In my case i signed the sales deed and registered it on the same day.

kind regards

douglas
Thanks for that Dougs.
Old May 17th 2008, 9:12 am
Just Joined

fionams is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Douglas I actually joined last year but didn't feel I could contribute as I don't own property, but I have been following the forum and pointing people in the direction of it.
Old May 17th 2008, 11:01 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

A simple question for all to muse over; MAHATMA GHANDI had not have gone "walkabout" would the UK still rule India?
in my view the main contributory factors to Britain giving independance to India were:
The yanks wanted us to and Churchill (Winston <g>) promised them we would - probably at Yalta or Teheran.
Left wing intellectuals in the UK (including many in the Atlee government) were anti-colonial.
We were fed up with running the place, which by then had become a drain on resources (severely depleted by war) rather than a source of wealth.

The contribution by the Mahatma was real, but minor - mostly PR.

The contribution by the Freedom Fighters was irrelevant, they could have been crushed at any time if anyone could have been arsed.

I apologise to any Indian readers who find this analysis offensive, but it is my considered and genuine take on the matter.

AndyD 8-)#
Old May 17th 2008, 5:25 pm
Just Joined

theguj is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by a_f_d
in my view the main contributory factors to Britain giving independance to India were:
The yanks wanted us to
I apologise to any Indian readers who find this analysis offensive, but it is my considered and genuine take on the matter.

AndyD 8-)#
Totally agree and I am an Indian, I have had many arguments with fellow indians who were taught history from Indian view point only, and i guess that is no different in UK either, where the Kids are not taught about the Raj or Slavery.
Churchill was told by the yanks if you want help to get rid of Hiltler give up the Raj, because Britain's rule over the world (The Raj) was no different from what Hitler was trying to do.
Old May 19th 2008, 2:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Douglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the rough

Hi all,

The reference to hitler just reminded me of motorbikes (yes douglas has an unusual thought process ( and this has nothing to do with goa , but its funny and we all need some funny )

Any biker out there will have some kind of brand preference and loyalty.

If you haven't seen it, google u tube and hitlers new bike . Or try http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv6hoGgGVcM

regards
douglas
Old May 19th 2008, 3:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fionams
Thanks Douglas I actually joined last year but didn't feel I could contribute as I don't own property, but I have been following the forum and pointing people in the direction of it.
Hi again fionams,

Has your bed wetting increased exponentially with the number of FNs you have tried to help?

I am sure there is some sort of positive correlation here.

I will punch some data into XL and draw up some charts to try and prove or otherwise !

kind regards

douglas
Old May 19th 2008, 4:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Hi More,

I agree with your main points and the lack of focus displayed by FNs.

Re your second para, once a FN has been investigated and found wanting, the authority concerned will issue a show cause notice

The title is hopefully self explanatory, it is the opportunity for the FN to submit their final defence before sentence.

However, suspect they will adopt the slow torturous route for most FNs ie the file simply sits in a cupboard and the necessary clearances, permissions or NOCs etc are never issued.

kind regards

douglas
how true!
Old May 19th 2008, 4:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Poppetjay said:
What is the issue with residency, i have held a residential book for the past 6 years its been updated by the FRRO everytime ive had a new visa or left the country so yes i can prove i'm a resident of this country in black and white.
hi Poppetjay, I just re-read that - apart from my point that FRO residency is nothing to do with FEMA residency; I am interested that FRO updated your 'Pink Book' when you changed visa. I missed the 'Pink Book' period and got the 'A4 paper' Residency Permit, but when I changed my visa the FRO told me to throw my 'A4' away and get a new one when I'd been in the country for nearly 180 days.

AndyD 8-)#
Old May 19th 2008, 4:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Remy,

As i understand it, the transfer takes place when individuals/corporations with legal capacity identify the property, sign the sales deed and pay the consideration.

The 1908 registration act states that such instruments must be registered within four months of signing and the relevant fees and stamp duty paid.

The enquiring bodies appear to be focusing on the day of registration of the sales deed.

In my case i signed the sales deed and registered it on the same day.

kind regards

douglas
Douglas,
I am told (so this is not certain) that the four month limit is until the deed is *presented*. This is important because it does at least mean that the FN deeds "accepted but not ordered for Registration" are exempt the four month limit.

AndyD 8-)#
Old May 19th 2008, 4:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

A point that I very rarely see mentioned on the site is that a FN cannot own a property in India if they have an income in anothr country (excluding pensions). I wonder how many buyers fall into that category?
Chapter and verse (or retraction) please.

AndyD 8-)#
Old May 19th 2008, 4:33 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by a_f_d
Chapter and verse (or retraction) please.

AndyD 8-)#
Punch some data, pink books, four months etc. Chapter and verse. retrations or extractions.
come on you guys lets get a life and have a party
however we put it we are all in S..t street.

and no amount of punching XL, pink books, A4 bits of paper. four month time limites, even Deeds that are Registered are going to change this.

So get out the 'noffi and party.
Before we all loose the plot.
Old May 19th 2008, 4:43 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by noni
Punch some data, pink books, four months etc. Chapter and verse. retrations or extractions.
come on you guys lets get a life and have a party
however we put it we are all in S..t street.

and no amount of punching XL, pink books, A4 bits of paper. four month time limites, even Deeds that are Registered are going to change this.

So get out the 'noffi and party.
Before we all loose the plot.
Our great friend Gordon Brown is launching his You tube Q & A. So please put your questions to him on www.YouTube. 10 downing Street.

He only has 3500 so far.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.