GOA - Buyer Beware!

Old May 21st 2013, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Originally Posted by Chameleons
Anybody got any questions for Sir James Bevan?

https://www.gov.uk/government/world-...ive-on-twitter

Remembering tweets are limited to 140 characters, of course!
Not being a tweeter do I have to sign up to twitter before I can ask a question? If so I will not bother.
Old May 21st 2013, 3:16 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by k800mer
Not being a tweeter do I have to sign up to twitter before I can ask a question?
Yes you do.
Old May 21st 2013, 3:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Sue
Yes you do.
Shame but I really do not want to sign up to twitter.
Old May 21st 2013, 3:47 pm
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by k800mer
Shame but I really do not want to sign up to twitter.
Its the beginning of the end.......... wise decision.

Very sad that the only way to communicate with a British High Commissioner is via twitter, in fact, pathetic.

Old May 21st 2013, 3:51 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnny five
Its the beginning of the end.......... wise decision.

Very sad that the only way to communicate with a British High Commissioner is via twit ter, in fact, pathetic.

I'm sure it isn't the only way one can contact him, but rather another platform by which people can do so. Think of it as a live Q and A session for an hour.
Old May 21st 2013, 5:41 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

You can also find him on Facebook....or you can e mail a question to him on:

[email protected]

But make sure you mark your e mail up "FAO James Bevan".

Dread - x
Old May 21st 2013, 6:06 pm
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Not how it reads on post #3840, or its link?

Obviously not what K800MER thought either.

Old May 21st 2013, 6:09 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

You knows I knows these things J5 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dread - x
Old May 21st 2013, 6:12 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

It's basically a Twitter chat, nothing more. Just another way to connect with folk. It doesn't say anywhere on that page that was linked to that that's the only way to contact him, but rather that he will be available on Twitter at a certain time and day and will be available for questions.
Old Jun 17th 2013, 5:12 am
Just Joined

federicoPa is an unknown quantity at this point

It is a long time that I do not see any more news on this thread ( only the past 3849 messages.....)

Does any body have any new informaton, or feeling, about any (attempt to) confiscation or about sale deeds registration ?

bye
Old Jun 17th 2013, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by federicoPa
It is a long time that I do not see any more news on this thread ( only the past 3849 messages.....)

Does any body have any new informaton, or feeling, about any (attempt to) confiscation or about sale deeds registration ?

bye
The BHC are still undertaking a lot of diplomatic and political work at both state and national level to seek resolution for Brits who own property in Goa, and that work is still ongoing despite it being out of season. Like any diplomatic work it takes time.
CM Monohar Parrikar has publicly stated that he is seeking a one time amnesty for those who purchased property and tried to do so legally but he does have to influence others out of state meaning this cannot happen overnight.

Regarding the opening of the registrar...watch this space

On the subject of confiscations.............there is definitely a better vibe coming from the DoE under the current head, but it must be recognised that the ultimate control comes via Mumbai who have issued some stringent interpretations on FEMA and visas. That said by the time I left Goa in May I was aware of 4 people being cleared by the Goa DoE, and aware of 2 confiscation orders (European not Brit subjects) which had been heard by the special appeals directorate...with the confiscations overturned and penalties refunded.......
......personally I find this encouraging

Dread - x
Old Jun 17th 2013, 10:30 am
Just Joined

federicoPa is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thanks, Dread, Incredible India teaches us to be patient and to wait, we have to be grateful to this country ;-)

bye

Federico
Old Jun 18th 2013, 5:03 am
Forum Regular

davidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nice

What Parrikar says in public is crap. He was in Delhi last week asking the centre to make laws preventing " Outsiders " and foreigners purchasing property. The Goa government is already doing this WITHOUT a law!!!

I wonder if the 9000+ Goans in Swindon have this sort of shit to put up with. I think not.

Was there ever anything resolved in the meeting between Stagg and Kamat? Communication.........very important.

Davie.
Old Jun 18th 2013, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by davidhendry
What Parrikar says in public is crap. He was in Delhi last week asking the centre to make laws preventing " Outsiders " and foreigners purchasing property. The Goa government is already doing this WITHOUT a law!!!

I wonder if the 9000+ Goans in Swindon have this sort of shit to put up with. I think not.

Was there ever anything resolved in the meeting between Stagg and Kamat? Communication.........very important.

Davie.

He was in Delhi asking for 'Special status' giving the Goa govt control over who buys land and property in the state....and actually this may not be the bad thing you think it is.
As things currently stand for foreign property owners in Goa a lot of matters are more difficult to resolve due to control by Central Govt as well as other agencies such as the Mumbai ED.
If Parrikar gets this 'special status' for Goa, it means he and he alone can give a one time amnesty......something he has made very clear to many parties that he wants to do....

.....as for Kamat and Stagg they are history.....and there is no point in even mentioning them now

Dread - x
Old Jul 4th 2013, 2:04 pm

HOPE AT LAST.......

I have just received a phone call from friends of mine in Goa who have been under investigation by the DoE since 2009:

THEY HAVE BEEN CLEARED OF ALL CHARGES BY MR LOTLIKAR (Assistant Director, Goa DoE) AND BOTH THEY AND THEIR LAWYER HAVE BEEN NOTIFIED OF THIS DECISION IN WRITING.

Their circumstances mirror many others.. British people who moved to Goa lock stock and barrel and were on Residential visas at the time of purchase.

May this be the first of many.

Dread - x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.