Goa

Old Feb 9th 2004, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

Libby Fox is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Goa

Originally posted by Merlot
So is this place cheap to live? Is there work there for expats?

All I have seen is people on the beach chilling!

Sounds very appealing!

Merlot
Great beaches, palm trees, sun, cheap living. The people are friendly (in my experience).
Don't know about work opportunities though. It's a big holiday destination, so perhaps there are jobs available, if you don't mind what you do!
Old Feb 21st 2004, 3:49 pm
Just Joined

jonsos is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Goa

Will the couple who e-mailed me (not John and Libby Fox) please e- mail me again ? My Hotmail crashed deleting all my e-mails so I have no way of contacting you !
Old Feb 21st 2004, 4:04 pm
Just Joined

jonsos is an unknown quantity at this point

To give you some idea of property prices in Goa please click on this link :

http://www.findaproperty.co.uk/cgi-b...alerent=0&sp=0

You will see that prices start at £ 12,000 for a one bed bungalow rising to £ 74,000 for a 5 bed detached house
Old Feb 21st 2004, 4:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

jobs will be almost non existant to expats -mainly because you lack the local language and anyway the pay will be in the pound a day (12-16 hrs a day 6 day week) rate..

best bet is to retire there or do what a pilot does whom i met there -ie work in the Uk 6 months and live in goa on the proceeds

cheers

richard
Old Feb 21st 2004, 9:48 pm
Merlot

Originally posted by r.bartlett
jobs will be almost non existant to expats -mainly because you lack the local language and anyway the pay will be in the pound a day (12-16 hrs a day 6 day week) rate..

best bet is to retire there or do what a pilot does whom i met there -ie work in the Uk 6 months and live in goa on the proceeds

cheers

richard
This sounds good!

Old Feb 22nd 2004, 8:14 pm
WBB

Originally posted by r.bartlett

cheers

richard
what are you doing posting here, thought it was 1000 and out?

nice to have you back BTW

Old Mar 11th 2004, 10:12 am
Just Joined

bonny_kjs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Goa

Goa is part of India. It is a former Portuguese colony. While whole of India was under British control, Goa on West Coast was under Portuguese control and a place called Pondicherry on east cost of India was under French Control. Goa is at present a navel base of India and is big tourist attraction. There is a sea ship service from Bombay to Goa taking 24 hours to reach Goa from Bombay . Its major industry is Cashew nut processing and export. Goans also make cahsew Liquor called "Fenny".
Goa is famous for sea beaches and grand Churches.

Regards
JP
Old Sep 30th 2005, 8:04 pm
Just Joined

sirpa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Goa

Originally Posted by Libby Fox
Hi John, my wife and I have just joined this group as we are also thinking of retiring to Goa within the next two years.

We would be interested to keep in touch and hear how you get on and if you could pass on any tips/advice.

Many thanks and good luck!
John & Libby
Hi Libby Fox
I have just bought property in Goa. am planning to move there in the next year. I was so pleased with my property developers that have actually become their agent, so can advice if you need help how to buy freehold etc.
sirpa
Old Sep 30th 2005, 9:28 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Just want to let you know that you may not get a reply as this thread is over a year old.

Sue

Originally Posted by sirpa
Hi Libby Fox
I have just bought property in Goa. am planning to move there in the next year. I was so pleased with my property developers that have actually become their agent, so can advice if you need help how to buy freehold etc.
sirpa
Old Oct 4th 2005, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

calina666 has a brilliant futurecalina666 has a brilliant futurecalina666 has a brilliant futurecalina666 has a brilliant futurecalina666 has a brilliant futurecalina666 has a brilliant futurecalina666 has a brilliant future

We have bought a place on a complex off Keith Morley in Benaulim. Should be ready October 2006 - £28.800. Saw it last year, and will see it again this December.
Old Oct 4th 2005, 1:46 pm
Just Joined

Hi Calina 666!
#Maybe we will meet one day there! I am visiting Goa at the end of Oct for 2 weeks. Bought studio in Calangute (ready just now) and a townhouse in Colva. My townhouse is ready in about 16 months, and I paid around £29 000 (3 bed/ 4 bathrms). best wishes. sirpa

Originally Posted by calina666
We have bought a place on a complex off Keith Morley in Benaulim. Should be ready October 2006 - £28.800. Saw it last year, and will see it again this December.
Old Oct 4th 2005, 1:49 pm
Just Joined

calina666 has a brilliant futurecalina666 has a brilliant futurecalina666 has a brilliant futurecalina666 has a brilliant futurecalina666 has a brilliant futurecalina666 has a brilliant futurecalina666 has a brilliant future

Very good.
Are you going to Rent out the Studio?
Old Oct 4th 2005, 4:51 pm
Just Joined

Yes I will be renting out the studio once get it furnished, at least for the time being, and esp. over Xmas when I think there is high demand, as cannot use it myself then.Maybe later if move to Goa fancy keep it for myself, friends, family,,,, don't know yet... need to find out more at my next visit.

Originally Posted by calina666
Very good.
Are you going to Rent out the Studio?
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 1:46 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jonsos
Greetings all, Am seriously thinking about moving to Goa when I retire and would welcome any information at all. Thanking you in antisipation, John
I am in the process of doing such that and know a lot about the property market.
Get in touch if you need advice. sirpa
Old Oct 26th 2005, 1:00 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jonsos
Greetings all, Am seriously thinking about moving to Goa when I retire and would welcome any information at all. Thanking you in antisipation, John
We bought through Keith Morley - www.findaproperty.co.uk.
Paid the 10% deposit and the next 3 stage payments - should be ready October 2006.

We received the contract within a few weeks. 2 copies arrived, and we had to sign each page, and supply photos. Then we sent the 2 copies to Tecnica (the developers) for them to sign. Then they sent a copy back for us. As we want to buy freehold, and not have it on lease, we opened a company in Goa. If you don't have your residency, you have to buy on lease until you get residency, which means you can't sell it.
To open a company it costs about £300, we found a solicitor in Margao. You don't really need to use the company. Once you have your 182 days in, you can apply for residency, and then sell the company name or just close it and lose your £300. The Solicitor acted as proxy for us, and we gave him 1000 rupees to open a bank account in Margao.

We will have another look at the place when we go over in December this year, but we received photos a couple of weeks ago, and everything looks okay. If you have a company, I think you can apply for a longer Visa than the normal 6 months, which makes it easier to get your 182 days in. Also you can't buy any vehicle untill you are a resident, but you can in the company name.
Attached Thumbnails Goa-p1010873.jpg   Goa-p1010874.jpg   Goa-p1010877.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.