Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

D'Costa Palms, Siolim

D'Costa Palms, Siolim

Old Jul 26th 2007, 6:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all
Default Re: D'Costa Palms, Siolim

Originally Posted by noni
Hi Remy,
Get out the 'noff quickly, our leader is going off on one

Perhaps a good stiff drink will do him good.

Noni
Had one of those weeks myself and it aint over yet.........'oh but for the noff.'
Old Jul 29th 2007, 11:42 pm
Banned

Milward is an unknown quantity at this point

If GDA proves the majority on 30th july than rest assured all FN will be able to register their properties. Rumors are the coup is funded (approx. $63 million) by FN
Old Jul 30th 2007, 1:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Douglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Milward
If GDA proves the majority on 30th july than rest assured all FN will be able to register their properties. Rumors are the coup is funded (approx. $63 million) by FN
Hi Milward,

You are misinforming yet again, your assurances are unfounded, please understand that there are some very naive and unintelligent FNs out there. Some of them are almost as unintelligent as you and may actually believe the stuff that you are posting.

The facts are, in order sign a sales deed appertaining to immovable property in india and then register it, the foreign national has to be deemed resident. Cooperation of the registrar and mamlatdar in goa are then required in order to register the same. All FNs as you put it, are not deemed resident and will not qualify even if the register is open, only a few will. That pool of qualifying FNs is also shrinking.

In order to be deemed resident not only does a FN have to be physically in the country for a minimum of 183 days in the previous tax year but they must have a suitable purpose and an intention to stay for an undetermined period of time. These are central government ie immigration and RBI rules and conditions and are nothing to do with the political colour of the government in goa.

We know from previous posts that you have a vested interest in property in goa. Not only are you damaging your own reputation by posting this kind of misinformation, but further damaging the already tarnished reputation of goans.

regards
douglas
Old Jul 30th 2007, 1:48 am
Banned

Milward is an unknown quantity at this point

Douglas,
I really pity you. I see that you are available on this board 24/7 to run people from Goa. Please don't jump to conclusions. Wait and watch.

Regards,
Milward
Old Jul 30th 2007, 5:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Douglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the rough

Douglas,
I really pity you. I see that you are available on this board 24/7 to run people from Goa. Please don't jump to conclusions. Wait and watch.

Regards,
Milward
Hi Milward,

There is no need to pity me milward, I am not trying to run people from holidaying in goa. I am just protecting them from people like you, who dont know their own rules and laws regarding transfer of immovable property in india and as a result misinform FNs. I suspect you do it deliberately, as you have a vested interest in the goan property market.

I am not jumping to conclusions either, rather you are. I am also waiting and watching, particularly for the results of the ongoing d of e enquiry into existing FN purchases, this is pivotal enquiry for FNs . You are amongst other things a bulshitter.

regards
douglas
Old Jul 31st 2007, 1:18 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Douglas,

Regards,
Milward
Hi Milward,
Have you read the High Commisions Press Release to-day, "Press Advisory on Purchase of Properties by foreigners in India". I have watched and waited as you asked us to hoping Douglas was wrong, but of course, he was not.

Regards Noni
Old Jul 31st 2007, 3:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

noni said
Have you read the High Commisions Press Release to-day, "Press Advisory on Purchase of Properties by foreigners in India". I have watched and waited as you asked us to hoping Douglas was wrong, but of course, he was not.
but the Press Advisory doesn't say anything new - it says foreign nationals ... cannot buy property. We knew that (with qualifications).
What it omits is 'foreign nationals who are not resident in India' cannot buy property.

The RBI site
still says:
Q.7 Can a foreign national who is a person resident in India purchase immovable property in India?

A.7. Yes, but . . .

I have emailed the hci for clarification, but am not holding my breath!

AndyD 8-)#
Old Aug 1st 2007, 4:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by a_f_d
noni said
but the Press Advisory doesn't say anything new - it says foreign nationals ... cannot buy property. We knew that (with qualifications).
What it omits is 'foreign nationals who are not resident in India' cannot buy property.

The RBI site
still says:
Q.7 Can a foreign national who is a person resident in India purchase immovable property in India?

A.7. Yes, but . . .

I have emailed the hci for clarification, but am not holding my breath!

AndyD 8-)#
STOP PRESS
I was unduly pessimistic (and perhaps a bit ungracious about hci) - see:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...30#post5133330

Last edited by a_f_d; Aug 1st 2007 at 4:55 pm. Reason: apologia