Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

In To-day's Newspapers

In To-day's Newspapers

Old Jul 8th 2013, 10:12 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In To-day's Newspapers

Originally Posted by poipleshadow
I think I've missed out on something - who is Khalil Kureshi? I did a google search and couldn't find anything...
Click on the thumbnail pic on Hem's post above.................
......all will be explained.

Dread - x
Old Jul 8th 2013, 10:14 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnny five
What do they call you when you are in Dahrong?

Oh sorry, I forgot ........................you are never in Dahrong

:h ysterical:

Very droll.

Dread - x
Old Jul 8th 2013, 10:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Explain to me J5 and Dread, why does a straightforward post about people in Pune enjoying Murray's win have to be turned into something sarcastic?

(she happens to be a great tennis and cricket fan having the latter scores on her mobile--which can drive others mad!!!)
Old Jul 8th 2013, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by Bipat
Explain to me J5 and Dread, why does a straightforward post about people in Pune enjoying Murray's win have to be turned into something sarcastic?

(she happens to be a great tennis and cricket fan having the latter scores on her mobile--which can drive others mad!!!)

Personally I thought his post about 'Dharong' was a droll and amusing play on words....................it lightened up for me what, despite the post Wimbledon euphoria, is always going to be a very poignant day....

Please accept my apologies for having a sense of humour !

Dread - x

Last edited by dreadsoc; Jul 8th 2013 at 1:15 pm.
Old Jul 8th 2013, 1:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
Personally I thought his post about 'Dharong' was a droll and amusing play on words....................
Please accept my apologies for having a sense of humour !

Dread - x
Yes, you are right Dread, I apologise. In fact I also thought the word was 'clever'.
It was the implication of being "foreigners" in our own family, expressed by J5 in sarcasm, in 2 posts replying to a basic post, that I wondered about and didn't find funny.

(In fact it was OH who reminded me of the bombings, I didn't know yesterday's date, was in rush to get a train---(Baby minding so actually missed the match 'in transit' )

Last edited by Bipat; Jul 8th 2013 at 1:27 pm.
Old Jul 8th 2013, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by Bipat
Yes, you are right Dread, I apologise. In fact I also thought the word was 'clever'.
It was the implication of being "foreigners" in our own family, expressed by J5 in sarcasm, in 2 posts replying to a basic post, that I wondered about and didn't find funny.

(In fact it was OH who reminded me of the bombings, I didn't know yesterday's date, was in rush to get a train---(Baby minding so actually missed the match 'in transit' )

Thank you....for accepting being in "Dahrong" (sorry couldn't resist that one ......)

Dread - x
Old Jul 8th 2013, 4:44 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Bull terrier and dog walker pictured covered in blood after animal ripped head off family's pet dog in horrific attack
Woman photographed pulling off her bull terrier and fleeing down street
Victim's owner Gemma Antell, 30, said attack in Warrington was 'horrific'
Says her Pomeranian dog was attacked in mother in law's front garden

Cheshire Police say officers have seized dog after 'horrendous attack'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2YTOyC9Ic

this is just awful.
Old Jul 9th 2013, 3:04 am
Forum Regular

poipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud of

Thanks noni, that's who it is! - I read that somewhere yesterday - Despicable!!! There have been a few cases recently, there was a 13 year old gang raped from Aldona (a few kms from Mapusa), she was apparently very traumatized and wouldn't recognize her parents... Another girl was nearly abducted by a trio in Thivim, all in the last week or two.. It is terrible
Old Jul 9th 2013, 5:24 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks noni, that's who it is! - I read that somewhere yesterday - Despicable!!! There have been a few cases recently, there was a 13 year old gang raped from Aldona (a few kms from Mapusa), she was apparently very traumatized and wouldn't recognize her parents... Another girl was nearly abducted by a trio in Thivim, all in the last week or two.. It is terrible
It makes my blood boil that children should be treated like this. I know what I would do to this people.
Old Jul 9th 2013, 7:47 am
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't it turn out that the girl from Aldona had been drugged heavily and this was why she didn't recognise her parents rather than the trauma?

Mapusa police, of course, didn't think of this, or to check for it.

Old Jul 9th 2013, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by johnny five
Didn't it turn out that the girl from Aldona had been drugged heavily and this was why she didn't recognise her parents rather than the trauma?

Mapusa police, of course, didn't think of this, or to check for it.

At least our police take these things seriously - not like out in India, the Indian Police should be ashamed of themselves.
Old Jul 9th 2013, 1:09 pm

Re the cases being reported about sex offences on kids and young girls...

....it seems of late these are coming to light on a very regular basis. I certainly don;t recall this being the case a few years back...

Is this because people are more willing to report these things now than they were? If so then what has changed to make them more willing to report? Could it be a shift (even if slight) in the police attitudes ?(even if still incompetent in actual investigating).

Saw a similar swing happen in the UK in the 1980s.........

Dread - x
Old Jul 9th 2013, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

poipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud of

its just sad - Like you Dreadsoc, there never used to be so much being reported.

I had to take a girl maybe four/five years back to the police station as it had been swept under the carpet 'so to speak' after she was raped (she was 9), sadly nothing came of it as the 'boy' allegedly was under 18, her aunt took her to the police station first when it happened and they took her for test apparently, but the wrong hospital etc, so nothing was properly recorded.

The family rang me up to help and I went with one of the staff and made sure everything was done, but it didn't help. I think the case was closed, well nothing happened.
Old Jul 9th 2013, 7:54 pm

http://goanvoiceuk.wordpress.com/201...-9-2013-page1/

Scotland: Fears for Paul Harrison ‘framed on Goa drug charges’
Old Jul 9th 2013, 9:02 pm

Bloodletters who use razors to cure all ills: Fascinating pictures show men practising ancient 'cure' on the streets of India
•Hundreds of patients visit open air clinic outside Delhi's largest mosque
•Owner Hakim Ghyas, 79, claims the archaic treatment can cure diseases including arthritis and the early stages of blood cancer
•To facilitate bleeding, patients must stand in the heat for half an hour, be wrapped in rope and then exercise the area being bled until it stops
•Recent studies have shown that bloodletting does in fact provide some benefits including lowered blood pressure and bad cholesterol

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...ets-India.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.