British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Goa (https://britishexpats.com/forum/goa-170/)
-   -   Chris Gregory (https://britishexpats.com/forum/goa-170/chris-gregory-418225/)

bombayduck Jan 11th 2007 6:09 am

Chris Gregory

Has anyone bought or moved into ******* 1 with Chris Gregory (www.cggoa.co.uk) yet and are you happy with the finish?
I have bought in Benulim ******* 2 and will e out there in Feb . Cliff and Karen were you who were doing the tiling at your apartmet near maria hall in November and did you get somone to build your kitchen units

tracy beevis Jan 11th 2007 3:38 pm

Re: Chris Gregory

Originally Posted by bombayduck (Post 4271698)
Has anyone bought or moved into ******* 1 with Chris Gregory (www.cggoa.co.uk) yet and are you happy with the finish?
I have bought in Benulim ******* 2 and will e out there in Feb . Cliff and Karen were you who were doing the tiling at your apartmet near maria hall in November and did you get somone to build your kitchen units

chris

you say you have bought a place in benulim - have you been able to register the property in your name with the land registry because we are thinking of buying and we are reading a lot of reports that it is difficult to register the land. Therefore if this is the case we would never own the property. Can you advise how you went about purchasing your place in benulim.
Any advice would be very much appreciated

Milward Jan 11th 2007 5:32 pm

Presenty I am using the services of a company from Rajastan, they had come to goa to do the carpentry work for one of the hotels and a posh villa in north goa. They are very reasonable please e-mail me: [email protected] and I can forward you their contact details

goa utd Jan 11th 2007 7:52 pm

Hi,

We are buying in ******* 3 so our apartments are still in the process of being built. I did see ******* I when we visited in November of this year although they weren't completely finished. I've even got some photographs if you want to see them. Why don't you send me a private message?

Jacki

bombayduck Jan 12th 2007 10:02 pm

We have bought at ******* 2 near Taj Exotica which may be ready in May 2007 but not sure. Im not sure how difficult land registry is but we found out that all company registration is now on line and as directors the company owns the property, this is renewed every two years. Any help in buying contents would be appreciated

tracy beevis Jan 13th 2007 11:56 pm

Thank you for your response. The reason I have been trying to find out about Land Reistry is because there has been several articles in the uk press, 1 article only last weekend, stating that people (ie non indian) are having trouble registering their properties with the Land Registry, therefore this would mean that they do not actually own the property if they cant register it. We have set up a business and like you we are directors of the said company and if we buy the property it will be owned by the company, but once in possession of the title deeds the uk press are stating that to register the property wth Land Registry, which would be our responsibility to do so (unlike in the uk a solicitor would do that) it is proving very difficult to do so as companies which have been set up purely for the purpose of buying a property are now being/or plan to be investigated - they are being referred to as "bogus companies".
May be we will not purchase at the moment and I will contact you again in May or if you could contact me when you reach the point of Land Registry.

Thanks

Tracy

susan1 Jun 20th 2007 4:42 am

Originally Posted by bombayduck (Post 4271698)

Hi i am thinking of buying a property in the south of Goa through Chris Gregory & Co, would love to hear from anyone who has bought property or has had any dealings with Chris or his company, be it good or bad

Thanks Sue

goa utd Jun 20th 2007 4:57 am

Hi Sue,

I am buying through Chris. Please send me a PM and we can talk.

Jackalyn

noni Jun 20th 2007 6:21 am

Originally Posted by tracy beevis (Post 4282624)
Thank you for your response. The reason I have been trying to find out about Land Reistry is because there has been several articles in the uk press, 1 article only last weekend, stating that people (ie non indian) are having trouble registering their properties with the Land Registry, therefore this would mean that they do not actually own the property if they cant register it. We have set up a business and like you we are directors of the said company and if we buy the property it will be owned by the company, but once in possession of the title deeds the uk press are stating that to register the property wth Land Registry, which would be our responsibility to do so (unlike in the uk a solicitor would do that) it is proving very difficult to do so as companies which have been set up purely for the purpose of buying a property are now being/or plan to be investigated - they are being referred to as "bogus companies".
May be we will not purchase at the moment and I will contact you again in May or if you could contact me when you reach the point of Land Registry.

Thanks

Tracy

:curse:

Hi Everybody,
The Land Registry in Goa is closed, so you cannot register your property. please read the other threads on this site. Acron. Buyer Beware Etc.

NONI

TONY P Jun 20th 2007 9:41 am

Originally Posted by noni (Post 4943436)
:curse:

Hi Everybody,
The Land Registry in Goa is closed, so you cannot register your property. please read the other threads on this site. Acron. Buyer Beware Etc.

NONI

Leave them alone Noni, one of them has been through all this before, one has a vested interest and the others obviously aren't interested, let them do their own thing in their own thread.
Regards
Tony P

noni Jun 20th 2007 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by TONY P (Post 4944225)
Leave them alone Noni, one of them has been through all this before, one has a vested interest and the others obviously aren't interested, let them do their own thing in their own thread.
Regards
Tony P

:curse::curse::curse::p

Little "B's" will take your advice. Allegedly Steven Wood was thrown off the www.Indiamike.com site he has had deleted against his name in the Property thread. Pity we could not delete all the little darlings for wasting our time in "the Office"

bombayduck Jun 21st 2007 7:30 am

Originally Posted by susan1 (Post 4942994)
Hi i am thinking of buying a property in the south of Goa through Chris Gregory & Co, would love to hear from anyone who has bought property or has had any dealings with Chris or his company, be it good or bad

Thanks Sue

Hi Sue

We are in the process of buying with Chrisat ******* exotica. I dont know where you are buying but as with all indian business he process is slow and chris at times does not give all of the details. but we are pleased with what we are getting and cant wait to actually use it. as you can see from this sight buying is fraught with danger but we will see what happens

if you have any questions just send me a email

bombayduck

Douglas M Jun 21st 2007 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by bombayduck (Post 4949107)
Hi Sue

We are in the process of buying with Chrisat ******* exotica. I dont know where you are buying but as with all indian business he process is slow and chris at times does not give all of the details. but we are pleased with what we are getting and cant wait to actually use it. as you can see from this sight buying is fraught with danger but we will see what happens

if you have any questions just send me a email

bombayduck

Hi bombayduck and others,

You sound as if you are of indian origin, but It would be helpful if you could disclose your status at outset.

Both deluded non resident FNs and legitimate contenders use the word "buying" on this site.

It thoroughly confuses the newbies looking for info.

Thank you for your assistance.

douglas

Remy-Ireland Jun 21st 2007 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by Douglas M (Post 4950507)
Hi bombayduck and others,

You sound as if you are of indian origin, but It would be helpful if you could disclose your status at outset.

Both deluded non resident FNs and legitimate contenders use the word "buying" on this site.

It thoroughly confuses the newbies looking for info.

Thank you for your assistance.

douglas

Hi Douglas,
Articles like this one really add to the confusement.

http://www.prlog.org/10021070-go-for...ty-market.html

No mention of the registry or visa problems here.
How do they get away with it?

Regards,
Remy

Douglas M Jun 22nd 2007 4:11 am

Originally Posted by Remy-Ireland (Post 4950822)
Hi Douglas,
Articles like this one really add to the confusement.

http://www.prlog.org/10021070-go-for...ty-market.html

No mention of the registry or visa problems here.
How do they get away with it?

Regards,
Remy

Hi Remy,

I suppose because they dont specifically mention FNs, although it is clearly aimed at them (as well as nris and pios). Likewise FNs cannot operate some of the retail businesses they mentioned.

Anyone who makes an investment decision purely based on a developers brochure and their own greed is asking to get ripped in my book, so i am having less and less sympathy these days im afraid.

regards
douglas